Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't decide on this - I'm waiting to play through the reboot on PS4, and I love the style, but I just thing this will be made into a PF eventually...

Dang all the other sites I have been to have had people slamming this piece saying it looks terrible and has no detail. I feel like I'm looking at a different statue than they are. Aside from the lack of mixed media, I think she looks really good :/ It's also a very accurate representation of the character within the game too.

Dang all the other sites I have been to have had people slamming this piece saying it looks terrible and has no detail. I feel like I'm looking at a different statue than they are. Aside from the lack of mixed media, I think she looks really good :/

Yeah, me too. Looks pretty good from the pics. And it seems like Gaming Heads have a decent track record when it comes to delivering high quality production versions too. I would think fans of the reboot TR would be pretty pleased with this one.

Dang all the other sites I have been to have had people slamming this piece saying it looks terrible and has no detail. I feel like I'm looking at a different statue than they are. Aside from the lack of mixed media, I think she looks really good :/ It's also a very accurate representation of the character within the game too.

I've been noticing that as well. Frome the Gamespot replies to looking at actual Tomb Raider forums I'm seeing WAY to much hate....

I've begun to question my sanity and proper reasoning. I don't see asian, I don't see her looking crappy or having crappy hair.

On the Tomb Raider forums people are saying that she doesn't look so much like she's holding her arm but instead hugging her boobs and they're making fun of her.

Not all though, some people really like her, but for a piece that looks so much like her in game model, some people are saying really nasty things about her....

I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality.

Although I'm tring to remind myself that some of the hate is just coming from people who don't collect statues to begin with, an wonder why anybody in their right mind would pay $340 for a "dust collector" in the first place.

In that case I think it's just the concept of the statue in thr first place as opposed to what it actually is.

On the plus side maybe all this hate will mean those of us who already preordered will get a low ES number. At least if you guys enjoy the lower numbers that is.

Well i am pleased from the pictures that i have seen, i didn't have to think long to order her.
There will always be people who are not gonna like it, as long as you like it, that's all that matters.

I have a feeling a lot of the hate is from people who would never buy statues. It's a lot like how many people like to jump on the bandwagon hating on Windows 8, when in reality most of them haven't even tried it.

I don't feel the need to justify myself or my purchases to anybody, especially random people on the internet. As long as you like what you are buying, who cares what other people think?

I agree that a lot of the hate comes from the nature of the market. People see the price tag and they immediately start trash talking it, expecting a statue at $300 to be made of pure gold or something. Either way, I hope for the best for Gaming Heads. Them, and especially their partner First 4 Figures, are my most respected 1/4 statue makers since they are bringing in licenses that so rarely get high quality collectibles.

On their website, can anyone post the pic that is the 4th row down, 5th columb. It's the pic of her profile with her facing to the right. That pic blows me away!

On their website, can anyone post the pic that is the 4th row down, 5th columb. It's the pic of her profile with her facing to the right. That pic blows me away!

if1NVLL.jpg

*Edit*
nvm LionHeart already posted it :)
I also like these

vertical_32.jpg
vertical_09.jpg
vertical_12.jpg

Last edited:
I really do wonder why SS hasen't released a PF yet. They could have the ES at 1000+ and they'd still sell out. Tomb Raider is a hot property and Lara Croft has been a gaming icon for so long. All of the hot Female PF's sell out regardless if they are well known or not.

This could be just as hot in as those others but it has the added benefit of being a well known loved character. It's been almost a year since the release of the game. What could SS POSSIBLY be waiting for?!!!

Makes NO sense....

Again though If SS were making her than no doubt she'd be the only one we'd get. And that's more than fine as TR really is all about her. But I look forward to having on display Lara Croft, Himiko, StormGaurd, and the rest of the endurance crew with matching numbered bases. That's so cool to me.

And with GH being a newer company with fewer licenses I see that becoming a reality.

They got her face perfectly. I might end up picking her up down the road since I really like how she turned out and most Lara Croft statues emphasize the fan service a bit too much.

*Edit*
nvm LionHeart already posted it :)
I also like these

vertical_32.jpg

This is the pic that finalized my decision to PO this Lara. She looks amazing at this angle! Looks so determined. She got that "I'm gonna kick your *** soon" look. :lol

I just hope this company can do the blood/mud stains nice like this proto.

This is the pic that finalized my decision to PO this Lara. She looks amazing at this angle! Looks so determined. She got that "I'm gonna kick your *** soon" look. :lol

I just hope this company can do the blood/mud stains nice like this proto.

If they are truly anything like F4F, then the production version should look more or less exactly the same as the prototype. F4F's Ryo and Ganondorf looked just like the pictures.

I don't really follow any other forums but I'm going to assume most of them are gaming forums and I'd be willing to bet most people who are hating on this statue are probably people who can't afford it and would never buy it. It probably eases their pain of not being able to afford it.

I really can't wait to get this piece and validate it to secure my number for the rest of the line.

What else do you guys think they have in store for us? I might be in the minority but I'd collect them all. Tham creating all 9 of the TF2 characters gives me hope.

I'm hoping for:

Endurance Crew-

Lara
Roth
Sam
Whitman
Alex
Reyes
Jonah
Grim

Antagonists-

Himiko
Mathias
StormGaurd

And maybe a random Mercanery or Heavy. Heavy being the enemy with shield.

Back