Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's in no way acceptable. I would contact my credit card company and dispute it. Same question, if you want a replacement, do they cover the return shipping in that case?

i think they do..they suggested to me a replacement and it was implied they'd pay for it..

i think they do..they suggested to me a replacement and it was implied they'd pay for it..
So he should go that path.

Orko, if you really don't want it, you can still resell her later for a bit more when she will be sold out. Is the broken piece the only reason that you prefer a refund over a repair?

I understand that they may not cover the costs of a simple return for refund. But if they cover the costs so you get what you paid in good shape, that sounds fine to me.

So he should go that path.

Orko, if you really don't want it, you can still resell her later for a bit more when she will be sold out. Is the broken piece the only reason that you prefer a refund over a repair?

I understand that they may not cover the costs of a simple return for refund. But if they cover the costs so you get what you paid in good shape, that sounds fine to me.

Well I mean I would say he's got a few options..if he just wants a replacement, which is I'm sure what they'll offer first, thats self-explanatory why he won't be charged anything out of pocket and that is easy. Now if he's refusing the replacement and insisting on a refund, thats different. For this reason: Person orders a product. Lets say this statue came out mint. He decides he doesn't like it for one reason or another, and wants his money back. If theres no credible reason why, then he's liable for the return shipping charges. In this case there is a defect, and if they (gaming heads) were "generous" for lack of a better word, they'd offer him the replacement or return option (very similar to what SS does). However, if they are a small company and can't afford returns or just don't want to, then they are obligated to get him a replacement piece. At that point he can't say I don't want that, I want my money back. Reason is because at that point the company is going to get you the right product, the correct, "mint" product. Refund at that point (same as if he just changed his mind) isn't on them (the return shipping costs that is) because they are just doing their end of the transaction. Now the work around if you will is to do this. Play along, get your replacement (since they want you to eat the return shipping costs @ this point) and see how it comes back. When it comes back crappy, then at that point you can say look I've tried it your way, its clearly not working, I want my money back as you've proven that you couldn't deliver the original product as intended. I doubt they'd wanna fight it out with you at that point but even if they did, just save and document all the email correspondence and ANY credit card company will side with you when you file the dispute. LOL I'm sorry if this was long and rambling @ times, but its really simple. Hell typing this out is much harder than actually going through what I just described. Best of luck and keep us posted!

I also emailed them to get a clarification. There is no cost for a replacement, if you want a refund, you have to pay the return shipping. The problem with this from their end is, what if the replacement arrives damaged as well? Do you send out another replacement? What if that replacement arrives damaged as well? How long does this go on? Eventually they'll have to provide a refund because I'm pretty sure a credit card claim will work in favor of the customer.

I also emailed them to get a clarification. There is no cost for a replacement, if you want a refund, you have to pay the return shipping. The problem with this from their end is, what if the replacement arrives damaged as well? Do you send out another replacement? What if that replacement arrives damaged as well? How long does this go on? Eventually they'll have to provide a refund because I'm pretty sure a credit card claim will work in favor of the customer.

I think at that point, they should offer a full refund or discount(because they no longer have the ability to make good on your purchase)... but it would have to get to that point. People who want a return instead of a replacement imo were on the fence the whole time about the statue and the statue company shouldn't have to pay for their indecisiveness without at least being given a chance to make it right. Multiple chances and fails, they should accept the full return.

I haven't returned a SS purchase but from what I gather they eat the return costs... This is pretty awesome for the buyer but I think a benefit that only larger companies can afford to provide.

...People who want a return instead of a replacement imo were on the fence the whole time about the statue and the statue company shouldn't have to pay for their indecisiveness without at least being given a chance to make it right...

Agreed, the problem is with unscrupulous customers that would damage the item on purpose just to be able to return it.

I didnt damage the item to get a refund. lol! Ive also waited long enough for the item to arrive that I was pretty disappointed when I looked it over better and found that defect in the hair sculpt, that it ruined my overall experience and I didnt feel like dealing with the whole process of a replacement and risking another go around for it to come to me damaged again. Whatever though, Im over it. Lesson learned, I got screwed, and the only thing I took away from this was A2's suggestion, "screw them, before they screw you. :lol

I didnt damage the item to get a refund. lol! ...

For the record, I wasn't accusing you of damaging the item. :1-1:

The point I was trying to make was that with that policy some shady collectors may look at damaging the item on purpose to avoid paying return fees. I'm pretty sure Sideshow has the same policy. If you want to return an item, you're responsible for paying for shipping it back before getting a full refund but a replacement if available is no charge. Also, if I remember correctly don't Sideshow blacklist some customers with a high damage/return rate?

What did you end up doing? Did you send it back and pay the shipping or file a claim with your CC company?

I'm not sure how their screwing you if they're offering a free replacement at no cost to you.

Even sideshow makes the customer pay for shipping (both ways) if the customer decides they don't want the statue anymore, it's in their FAQ.

Exactly. Its normal to pay shipping back when asking for a full refund. Especially with a small company. Ill keep my orders with them

For the record, I wasn't accusing you of damaging the item. :1-1:

The point I was trying to make was that with that policy some shady collectors may look at damaging the item on purpose to avoid paying return fees. I'm pretty sure Sideshow has the same policy. If you want to return an item, you're responsible for paying for shipping it back before getting a full refund but a replacement if available is no charge. Also, if I remember correctly don't Sideshow blacklist some customers with a high damage/return rate?

What did you end up doing? Did you send it back and pay the shipping or file a claim with your CC company?

I took the loss of the shipping charges and just am getting a full refund. I still dont think I should have been charged shipping fee's when the item was damaged, regardless. If it wasnt damaged then its fair for me to pay the costs and I would gladly do it without putting up a fuss, but in this case regardless if I wanted a replacement or not, it was damaged and I didnt want to putz around with waiting for replacements.

Exactly. Its normal to pay shipping back when asking for a full refund. Especially with a small company. Ill keep my orders with them

Not when you receive a damaged item, its not.

Not when you receive a damaged item, its not.

Don't ever deal with DC Collectibles, I received a Batwoman statue from them with a broken cape and they made me pay the shipping cost to send it back to them for a replacement...

In my book as long as a company will send you a replacement statue free of charge then all is good...

Thanks guys..I actually haven't gotten it back yet from him…I just reposted his video that he put up…tbh most of the time the gloss isn't there like that in-person..If I'm not mistaken that vid was taken just with a camera phone. Same thing on the video he posted of my apocalypse repaint and that looks much better in person…to me so far its the little things that were done that really bring it to life…I can't wait to put that next my repainted shepard PF and the uncharted PF…ps3 greatness right there

At first I thought the gloss was a bit overstated as well, but considering the contexts it represents, it actually fits very well. The best part is the base IMO, so much improvement there.

From the vid though the skin tone looks a tad too dark. Would love to see some better pics once you receive it.

At first I thought the gloss was a bit overstated as well...

It's funny you mentioned that, I re-watched the video and it didn't bother me nearly as much the second time. That being said, I don't mean that it doesn't look good, just that my personal preference would be a non-glossy finish.

Back