Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it odd that the exclusive was still available to order after all this time but after arguably less than flattering pictures of the production piece was shown, it sold out. Whether you think the production piece is good (which I personally think it probably is) I think we can all agree it was certainly not as nice as the prototype. So what caused the latest orders especially in lieu of some people cancelling?

Some guesses:
* They increased the number of regular statues because the exclusive was still not sold out
* They try to let you think this is a success... don't cancel it because you won't be able to get it back
* They have more broken pieces that they thought while shipping them to EU and US
* As they didn't sell out, they decided to take some of them as their after-sell service stock rather than producing more than needed
* They were only some pieces still available, and they really sold out
* A mix of those suppositions
* Else...

:eek:

just arrived, the box is very big, definitely bigger than any pf I own
sorry for crappy pictures

for you guys who think the face is ugly, you should see it in person, it's not that bad, I just can't get the right picture (not a good photographer)
yes the face's scar is not natural, too patterned, and there's very tiny sloppy paint. other than that... I got no complaint.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks for the pics, the face is just too "I just go bad plastic surgery" looking [emoji26]

for you guys who think the face is ugly, you should see it in person, it's not that bad, I just can't get the right picture (not a good photographer)
yes the face's scar is not natural, too patterned, and there's very tiny sloppy paint. other than that... I got no complaint.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks livindaye!! I was starting to have my doubts because of the red portion around her eyes, but it looks like its red and bruising and starting to swell into a shiner. Your pictures look so much better than what we have been seeing! Im back on board with this. She's a B-E-A-UT!!!

Thanks for the photos. Could you please take one of her left cheek? :)

Thanks livindaye!! I was starting to have my doubts because of the red portion around her eyes, but it looks like its red and bruising and starting to swell into a shiner. Your pictures look so much better than what we have been seeing! Im back on board with this. She's a B-E-A-UT!!!

If you can live with "not too natural face's dirt", then I think you won't regret this piece.

Thanks for the photos. Could you please take one of her left cheek? :)

I'm sorry, I just put it back in the box, at least until I have display place, it will stay in the box, I think. anyway, at my photos, look at the 4th, then zoom in, you can definitely see the dirts on the left check, it's like the other pieces, too patterned, but I can live with that... at least no chipping or broken pieces, and detail is good. :)

In the new pics she still needs work mainly on her face. The hair looks terrible.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Awesome pics, a lot better than previous ones. The dirt and blood on her skin look really well done... not sure about the face yet but all in all I've gotta say you've made me excited for this statue again!

I'm sorry but those pictures, as nice as they are execution wise, just seem to show off even more how underwhelming the final product is. She should have been in the two hundred range. She's no where near as good as Freeing's 1/4 scales and those are only two hundred.

Aren't Freeing's 1/4 scales PVC? I've got lots of PVC figures, all very highly detailed and I love em- but next to polystone statues, even ones the same scale, they look like toys. Not only is PVC cheaper, a more plasticy material, but to me it looks cheaper, even though most figures are highly detailed.

Reboot Lara is without a doubt the best looking adaptation of Lara. This isn't the prototype and that sux but its looking to be a pretty good representation and to me still looks better in its current state than just about any previous Lara statue- some of which are over 1g in the aftermarket. Time will tell, maybe I'll get this in hand and hate it- but that doesn't seem to be the case with the picture posters so far... :wink1:

I'm sorry but those pictures, as nice as they are execution wise, just seem to show off even more how underwhelming the final product is. She should have been in the two hundred range. She's no where near as good as Freeing's 1/4 scales and those are only two hundred.

well, if you compare this with Deadpool PF or Darth Talon PF, then sideshow all the way, no contest there.
but if you compare this with Rogue PF, then this Lara win.
from any PFs I ever own, I say Lara match the quality of Poison Ivy PF... and I got Ivy at $360 while Lara at $307

but hey, that's just me :)

Aren't Freeing's 1/4 scales PVC? I've got lots of PVC figures, all very highly detailed and I love em- but next to polystone statues, even ones the same scale, they look like toys. Not only is PVC cheaper, a more plasticy material, but to me it looks cheaper, even though most figures are highly detailed.

Reboot Lara is without a doubt the best looking adaptation of Lara. This isn't the prototype and that sux but its looking to be a pretty good representation and to me still looks better in its current state than just about any previous Lara statue- some of which are over 1g in the aftermarket. Time will tell, maybe I'll get this in hand and hate it- but that doesn't seem to be the case with the picture posters so far... :wink1:

Never in my life have I encountered an instance where I thought there was any real reason to use something other than PVC. Cheaper, paint apps for it tend to be more colorful, quality is much better because of how refined the sculpts can be, and the quality control seems to be more straight forward. All the other stuff is just heavier and...yeah that's it.

Never in my life have I encountered an instance where I thought there was any real reason to use something other than PVC. Cheaper, paint apps for it tend to be more colorful, quality is much better because of how refined the sculpts can be, and the quality control seems to be more straight forward. All the other stuff is just heavier and...yeah that's it.

Nothing wrong with wanting a PVC statue if that floats your boat, but cheaper materials = a cheaper statue at retail- i.e. you can't really dog Lara for being more expensive when she's made of more expensive material. From what I understand Polystone actually has a powdered stone additive in it. Its basically the difference between wanting something bendy or something more stonelike...

...if anything, I get more upset at how much I've paid for some of those little PVC buggers lol :mad:

Also from the last photo I remain convinced that the face is really terrible, I'm sorry to say this but Lara is not coming out well for us as they promised initially, of course are personal opinions and everyone should be happy with what you get, I'm happy they have canceled my preorder!

Back