Game of Thrones Sigil Banners/Flags

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixelpiper

Super Freak
Reaction score
Official INTEREST thread posted here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...s-fabric-sigil-banners-flags.html#post8082829

I posted a couple of samples in the Threezero GoT figure thread of what I'm working on but it's time to move out into a dedicated thread to get some feedback, advice and to prevent the figure thread from veering off topic.

My GoT display has about 47" of shelf space and will have a brick background similar to the great hall where the Iron Throne sits as it's also about 20" tall, I'd like to have some house banners handing from the top behind the figures on display, so I've been working up some designs when I can make a little bit of time. The illustrations will be roughened up a bit and finally printed onto fabric before being displayed, so at the moment I'm just trying to finalize their layout and design elements.

Here's what I have so far - the large borders around the outside are done "full bleed" to allow cutting and optional folding/stitching to create borders and/or pockets at the top to stick a rod through. Extra space on the bottom can also be cut to a fringe, single or multiple points - I haven't decided the specifics of each banner so I wanted to leave the artwork versatile.

My original vector layout is under 2MB (PDF) - the Photoshop textured layout sampled below is about 220MB right now. :)

Game of Thrones Sigil Banners - RGB.jpg

Sample roughening to test out the process done to the NW banner... I don't think I'll add any material texture as that will be naturally present in the final fabrics.

crow-sheild-test.jpg

Last edited:
Interested, but I'd still like a black one with a crow. I think in the books the banner is just plain black. I like the idea of the crow being a makeshift sigil because, "Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

I'm going to prepare and try to post samples here later tonight of a few cropped variations.

New version.

Added back the ear I accidentally dropped from Stannis' stag sigil and added four new ones, Renley Baratheon, Selmy, Frey and Bolton.

This is what they look like fully cropped (no border or other extra details).

Game of Thrones Sigil Banners CROPPED SAMPLE.jpg

And this is what they'd look like printed before cutting, gluing and/or stitching if output in the current layout - I'll shuffle some of them around and possibly rotate the entire canvas to best fit the fabric(s).

Game of Thrones Sigil Banners SAMPLE.jpg

Last edited:
If you let us pick and choose, I'm in. I still want a plain crow banner if that's an option.

If you let us pick and choose, I'm in. I still want a plain crow banner if that's an option.

I'll add a plain crow banner (grey crow on black or black crow on grey?). I want to arrange them in such a way that I can cut a large swatch to include multiple banners.

Grey crow on black, please. Maybe you could print several of the same banner on one sheet. You could do a whole Stark sheet (for example) and let people pick and choose from the more popular Houses.

What I would do is offer the more popular ones in a pack (Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Night's Watch?) and sell those. The less popular ones could only be bought in the complete set or something like that. Just my two cents, but I'm sure others would agree. My GoT detolf shelf will probably only have room for 4 banners at most.

What I would do is offer the more popular ones in a pack (Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Night's Watch?) and sell those. The less popular ones could only be bought in the complete set or something like that.

That's my plan, which is why I need to sort them :) I'm not really interested in pricing these out individually, so it will always be a set including a number of banners. I also have no intention of charging crazy money so no one will overpay even if they have a couple of banners they may not display.

Fabric samples are in, going to run cropped test prints on two or three of the different fabrics before choosing the final one. Looking forward to this, I haven't done any fabric printing since 2012.

This is what I'll be producing - reduced dramatically here for sample purposes. The rectangles will each be 8.75" tall.

Main set:

SAMPLE-Mains-Only.jpg

Full Set:

SAMPLE-FULLSET.jpg

Back