Game of Thrones props - Valyrian Steel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm planning to get one of these. My favorite is Jaime. Should I get Oathkeeper or Jaimes sword?

So I'm planning to get one of these. My favorite is Jaime. Should I get Oathkeeper or Jaimes sword?

Neither sword got all that great of reviews. You should probably go with Jaime's sword since he's your favorite, and because he doesn't even use the Oathkeeper before giving it to Brienne. Then again, I'm not sure if he ends up getting it back from her.:dunno I don't like the fact that the Oathkeeper has a metal handle: not very practical for blood and or sweat.

Yeah. Just decided to get Jaime's sword and wait for the book version of Oathkeeper. If Jaime gets it back then I'll order that one.

I was so disappointed with Oathkeeper. It looks like a cheap toy compared to the HBO prop.

Official prop:

tumblr_ndtirhyAyJ1s6bxzqo1_500.png

oathkeeper-1000x563-1.jpg

Valyrian Steel's version:

Oathkeeper%2010.jpg

Hi I'm new here and also to buying replica weapons. I love game of thrones and was looking into buying a catspaw blade, just wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it?

Hope this still works, but if any of the swords sell at HBO store, you can use their promo code, HBO20 I think and get 20% off, which is nice considering cost. I don't think it's free shipping but maybe and once in a blue moon they even offer 30%. Valyrian steel does not sell everything there and usually not right away, but I have gotten some good deals that way

Have you actually tried that though? It was my understanding that you couldn't use discounts on Valyrian Steel products on the HBO store.

KultofAthena.com has the best prices I've seen for Valyrian Steel products.

Sorry, late to respond, but yes I bought the hounds helm 30% off, and 2 others 20 % off , I still paid shipping on some but had to pay on valyrian steel anyway.

I don't think it works cause was using the code for cyber Monday to get longclaw and did not change price at all was suppose to be 20 or 30% off and free shipping, free shipping worked however.

Apologies for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I wanted to see if any freaks here could offer a more recent opinion regarding their satisfaction with owning Valyrian Steel props. More specifically the Damascus pieces. I was looking at possibly picking up the soon to be released Longclaw King of the North edition. Thanks for any input!

Saw that Valyrian has decided to re-release most of their sold out items. Good news for those that want them and did not want to pay secondary market prices. Though it's at best a highly questionable business decision given the lash back from some in the community. Since the re-releases are 99.9% the same (didn't even bother to try some sort of variant), it wouldn't shock me if they got sued over this given the fact Valyrian was very public about the edition sizes and how the swords would never be made again once sold out.

Saw that Valyrian has decided to re-release most of their sold out items. Good news for those that want them and did not want to pay secondary market prices. Though it's at best a highly questionable business decision given the lash back from some in the community. Since the re-releases are 99.9% the same (didn't even bother to try some sort of variant), it wouldn't shock me if they got sued over this given the fact Valyrian was very public about the edition sizes and how the swords would never be made again once sold out.

I'm with you. I find it shady. Even though I kinda wanted the Princess Bride sword, I am not getting it on principle. You don't do a numbered edition and then re-release the exact same thing. Slap in the face to those that got the first numbered edition. Plus they will increase the price

It's just straight up greed --
They mentioned the possibility of reissuing catspaw!
Further, they stated IF the GoT prequel features Ice - they will re-release a damascus ICE
I don't have ICE - but I would be pissed if I learned about it after it sold out - paid $3000 on ebay - then they re-release for $700
For all the business they have received - their customer service and ethics leave little to be desired.

Back