Game of Thrones Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
C11C1933-1D16-470C-AC0B-8C6861B916F6.jpeg

HBO is moving ahead with a pilot episode for one of five potential Game of Thrones spinoffs, and have revealed a synopsis:

Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East, to the Starks of legend … it’s not the story we think we know

Jane Goldman (Kingsman: The Secret Service, X-Men: First Class, Kick-Ass) is teaming up with A Song of Ice and Fire author author George R.R. Martin to write and show-run the series, which doesn't currently have a title.

Prequels abound!

HBO will complete the entire history of Westeros before George finishes Ice and Fire..
They should produce a Martin bio-pic that ends with him completing the books and release it before he completes the books.

^Lol, too true. He already announced Winds of Winter wont be making it out this year as well.

Honestly, after reading the books the show falls short so I do want to see them completed... but he gunna be dead first, it seems

I agree, but if it’s going way back into the past I’m expecting it’ll be more magical

An update for R.R. Martin himself:

“All of the successor shows we’ve been developing have been prequels, as I have mentioned before. This one really puts the PRE in prequel, since it is set not ninety years before GAME OF THRONES (like Dunk & Egg), or a few hundred years, but rather ten thousand years (well, assuming the oral histories of the First Men are accurate, but there are maesters at the Citadel who insist it has only been half that long). We’re very early in the process, of course, with the pilot order just in, so we don’t have a director yet, or a cast, or a location, or even a title. (My vote would be THE LONG NIGHT, which says it all, but I’d be surprised if that’s where we end up. More likely HBO will want to work the phrase “game of thrones” in there somewhere. We’ll know sooner or later).”

Yup, sounding magical lol

He also gave an update on the state of the other prequels:

“If you have been following along, you know that we started with four, and eventually went to five.” Martin said on his blog. “One of those has been shelved, I am given to understand, and of course Jane’s pilot is now moving to film. But that does not mean the others are dead. Three more GAME OF THRONES prequels, set in different periods and featuring different characters and storylines, remain in active development. “

Back