Gambit Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u bore me :hi5:

bore dis n ur mouth :hi5: :yess:

Untitled.png

was about to take pics, but sadly the exclusive blast hand was broken. Those of you that are waiting for the Ex. definitely check the blast hand. Mine wasn't completely broken. At first I thought the cards came off because there was slight swaying motion. On closer inspection you can see that the cards are part of the sculpted fingers. As the cards moved you can see the small break between the fingers and cards. The problem is that SS tried to over protect the hand. Not only did they put foam and tissue around the hand, but they put foam around the fingers. Which they then taped. I think the taping of it caused the damage, not the shipping. I'm not taking a pic of the figure, but I'll take a quick pic of the damaged hand.

Here's some pics which at this point do no good. As I was repacking the statue and waiting on SS to respond to my return request the cards separated from the fingers. This break is actually fixable because it was a clean break. I'm not sure if I want to send it back only to get another with worse damage. However, this statue wasn't cheap so I feel like for the money I spent I shouldn't have to be doing repair work on it.

Just to explain the pics. On the first one the cards are lined up as they should be. On the second you can see the line where the cards and finger should line up. That's how much movement there was between the cards and fingers.
s1pbv7.jpg

9qhbhw.jpg

Looks really fragile. :monkey1
Yup, I could see a good majority with this kind of damage. The hand with the one card will hold up well. The exclusive one doesn't have much of a chance. You have 3 to 4 cards plus the blast, which isn't small, being held up by the thinest of polystone. I've been thinking about it and I'm hoping SS will allow me to keep the statue and credit me the difference between the reg. and excl.. I can fix the break and I don't care about resale value.

Yup, I could see a good majority with this kind of damage. The hand with the one card will hold up well. The exclusive one doesn't have much of a chance. You have 3 to 4 cards plus the blast, which isn't small, being held up by the thinest of polystone. I've been thinking about it and I'm hoping SS will allow me to keep the statue and credit me the difference between the reg. and excl.. I can fix the break and I don't care about resale value.

I think if I get ahold of the EX, I may use the regular hand. I can see this breaking over the weight of the cards over time...

was about to take pics, but sadly the exclusive blast hand was broken. Those of you that are waiting for the Ex. definitely check the blast hand. Mine wasn't completely broken. At first I thought the cards came off because there was slight swaying motion. On closer inspection you can see that the cards are part of the sculpted fingers. As the cards moved you can see the small break between the fingers and cards. The problem is that SS tried to over protect the hand. Not only did they put foam and tissue around the hand, but they put foam around the fingers. Which they then taped. I think the taping of it caused the damage, not the shipping. I'm not taking a pic of the figure, but I'll take a quick pic of the damaged hand.

Damn! Another victim...... :gah: Hopefully SSC can get us our replacements.

I think if I get ahold of the EX, I may use the regular hand. I can see this breaking over the weight of the cards over time...

I can see the logic in that but it would be a shame to have to do so. I'm really going to inspect it closely tomorrow to see how stable it is because I don't want to display it with anything but the exclusive hand.

I flexed the EX, but I may just have him charged in full to make sure the EX hand isn't damaged. Don't want to wait three months from now to discover a damaged hand with no more replacement pieces.

You have to pay for shipping yourselves on return. And you do not get credited the cost to ship to you.

I hope mine shows up ok... :(

Does Sideshow charge you for return shipping?

If it's for a replacement you do not get charged for shipping it back but if you're returning it for a refund then you will have to pay for return shipping and you don't get the money back you paid for the initial shipping.

I can see this being a big headache for us and SS. If someone does get one that's not damaged you're going to need more than kid gloves to handle it. And, yes the weight over time is mostlikely going to damage it no matter how careful you are.
Damn! Another victim...... :gah: Hopefully SSC can get us our replacements.
I hope they can just replace the arm. I hate sending the whole thing back. That's one of the downsides to living so close to SS. They'll eat the shipping. Like I said before I'll take a credit for the difference between reg. and excl.
I can see the logic in that but it would be a shame to have to do so. I'm really going to inspect it closely tomorrow to see how stable it is because I don't want to display it with anything but the exclusive hand.
Definitely check it. I don't see how any of them will arrive safe.
I hope mine shows up ok... :(

Does Sideshow charge you for return shipping?
No, not if it's damaged.

Last edited:
If it's for a replacement you do not get charged for shipping it back but if you're returning it for a refund then you will have to pay for return shipping and you don't get the money back you paid for the initial shipping.

Yes, I should have clarified this. When I returned a piece I changed my mind on, I had to pay for return shipping. I cannot remember if I paid upfront or if Sideshow provided a shipping label which was later deducted from my credit (I've only returned one product, and it was back in 2007), but I did pay for return shipping.

if its just the exclusive hand thats damaged can't they just ship you the exclusive hand? or is the hand not removeable??

in other word i guess im asking how the exclusive attaches to the rest of the statue?? i thought it was just a switch out hand?

Back