Galadriel's Mirror

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today and all I can say is WOW, it is simply amazing and I don't think Weta / Sideshow could have done a better job :horror (other than including it with the statue on one base as they previously did with Saruman and the Palantir...)

This piece turns Galadriel into a completely different statue - or even into an environment:

GaldrielMirror1.jpg

Unfortunately, mine arrived with a small damage, but I hope I can get it fixed :eek:

As far as I know he was sold out (40 or 80 pieces), but I'm not sure and couldn't find the thread on the Last Alliance board anymore.

Sir Tristram said:
Man, I hope we can get these!
He could make a fortune on us alone! :joy

I don't think so, as far as I understand, part of the deal with Weta allowing this was not to make profit, Elben* posted his calculation for the piece on the Last Alliance board, and he was just covering his cost.

Wow...this sucks.....in a major freakin' way.
I wish I never even saw this. This is very upsetting.
Really....I actually feel sick to my stomach over this.
The SS/WEAT staue is and always was- completely unfinished for me...

I mean, this is really bad. The damn thing is sitting right there and we can't have it.
That is worse than taking candy from a baby....that is like hearing the hungry child cry, walking up with a big, fat piece of it's Favorite candy, waving it in front of the kid - allowing the smell to evenly and thoroughly waft through its nostrils-exciting its senses....waiting for the smile of elated joy to cover it's face and then just as it reaches out to take the glorious saving sustenance....

Snatch it back and laugh!!
Ha! No, you can't have this! MMWWWwwwhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure whether he's really sold out or not - as I said I'm not sure and can't find the specific thread on the other board anymore.

But you might try to send a PM to Goldberry, I believe she was his "link" to this board.

And if it is not available anymore, I am gonna quote this from the "Frodo PF ordering" thread
jlcmsu said:
Them's the breaks of living outside the US. I guess.

And reply: Them's the breaks of not speaking German. I guess. :D

So it is sold out now? No wonder there isn't any reply despite so many of us are saying that we want it..... I think its too late now...:sick

Same as always............too late to get one. Damn this would have been nice to have.

Alright, enough rumours and gossip, I have just hung up the phone with Elben*, and here are the facts:

• 80 mirrors were made (or could be made with the mold), 40 for the European Last Alliance board members and 40 more for international interested parties.

• Mirrors are still available.

• The price per mirror is EUR 169 - roughly USD 205. Shipping to the US by Airmail is about EUR 59 or about USD 71 - less to Europe (I for example have paid EUR 27).

• He is not making big money with this project (as was explained on the Last Alliance board) and this is not a commercial project.

• And finally, if you don't order one, you will regret it once you've seen one in person! :D

Last edited:
That mirror does indeed look amazing.

As for not making any money on the piece, that's pretty hard to believe, especially with the $205.00 price tag. Not trying to stir anything up but I was involved in another custom project and that one was for a much more intricately detailed piece and it cost considerably less. That's with paying the sculpter AND a painter.

Ok so I emailed Elben but he sent me a transfer link that's not in English? I can't figure it out? Has anyone from the USA ordered the mirror? It would be easy if he took paypal? :confused:

FlyAndFight said:
As for not making any money on the piece, that's pretty hard to believe, especially with the $205.00 price tag.

EUR 169 is also for the sculpter and the painter, his calculation was this:

• To create the original sculpt: 5kg Super Sculpy: EUR 160
  • 10 kg of silicone rubber for the die: EUR 450
  • Catalyst and thinner: ERU 50

That's EUR 660 (just expenses, no labour to create the sculpt to start with) for the die that will last for 40 pcs, thats roughly

• EUR 15 for the die
  • EUR 100 for 5kg of the "polymer cast"
  • EUR 4 for the actual "mirror" made of aluminum

Total of EUR 119 for the unpainted version (you can buy order it for that unpainted).

If you want it painted, he will add EUR 50 for about 4 - 5 hours of labour and the paint, totalling to EUR 169.

Consider that this is a custom hand made piece with an edition size of 80 pcs. max and not a piece that is cast 1000s of times and painted by a group of poor girls in China earning a dollar a day.

After all I think it's worth the money I've paid.

FlyAndFight said:
I was involved in another custom project and that one was for a much more intricately detailed piece and it cost considerably less. That's with paying the sculpter AND a painter.

Me too, I am "involved" in some other projects, too - only as a buyer, but anyways: one of the statues is a statue of about the size and detail of the 1/6 scale "Aragorn, Son of Arathorn" and it also costs $ 110 for the unpainted statue and $ 100 for the painter, so a total of $ 210 - and it will probably weigh about 1.5 kg or less. The mirror is a very solid piece if you hold it in your hand, weighing about 4kg!

I am not in any way related to Elben* nor do I get comission for any sales here, I am just copying his calculation and telling you my honest opinion: I think it is worth every penny!

There is no real relation between the price you pay and what you get in the world of collecting anyways, an Orthanc for $ 2000??? Where's the relation there...:google

Thanks for the financial breakdown, Goliath. It wasn't required, though. But now that you've brought up the numbers, something in the equation just doesn't square up. Perhaps its the cost of the raw materials that is simply more expensive in Europe than in the U.S. EUR 160 for the amount of sculpty need to sculpt the original piece is eye-opening, to say the least. That could be why the "other" project costs a similar amount and yet the sculptor and painter are earning something for their services.

In any case, it's taking nothing from the fact that the mirror is indeed an amazing looking piece. I truly compliments the Galadriel statue and infact actually makes it complete. She always seemed to be missing the mirror.

Just ordered one from Bruno myself :clap

He said he still had several available. Heh.. not sure exactly what number that would be ;)

Can't wait to get it! :peace

BUMP!!

So, uh... lots of ppl seemed to be interested back in late 2005 in a companion piece to the SSW Galadriel... anyone wanna start this one up? I know I still want one...

Beren

Yeah I'm pretty interessted.. Haven't bought it yet though.

Maybe it's time to pull the trigger?!

Back