Galadriel's Mirror

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely, positively want one of these!
I had the chance back then and I just got in over my head on other pieces and I could not swing the money at the time!

But now? Definitely! If this goes for another run....Count Me In!!!

It would be absolutely perfect for the 1:6 line too!

Well, not perfect. The original design called for a base that would fit snugly against the base of the SSW statue (it would be necessary to allow the mirror to be positioned directly underneath her pouring arm). That would make it look slightly awkward when paired with a regular 1:6 figure that has no equivalent base. The "cutout" on the mirror base would look kind of funny.

I guess a version could also be done with a complete base, but I'm not sure what that would do to the cost.

Oh, and yes, I would still buy one. :D

Well, not perfect. The original design called for a base that would fit snugly against the base of the SSW statue (it would be necessary to allow the mirror to be positioned directly underneath her pouring arm). That would make it look slightly awkward when paired with a regular 1:6 figure that has no equivalent base. The "cutout" on the mirror base would look kind of funny.

I guess a version could also be done with a complete base, but I'm not sure what that would do to the cost.

Oh, and yes, I would still buy one. :D

Oh alright, not perfect--but it would still be cool. :cool:

So is anybody on this forum up for MAKING the thing? Give us a quote and then ppl can make an informed decision and order one?

Beren

Another option to the base dilemma would be to have the fountain include a base large enough to allow one to display Galadriel on it as well, thereby replacing the SS/Weta base entirely. If this were the case, then I would hope for the base to be VERY similar to the SS/Weta base, in terms of shape/style. It doesn't necessarily have to have the etched Middle Earth map, though.

It would almost look like a bookend piece to the Saruman statue.

Another option to the base dilemma would be to have the fountain include a base large enough to allow one to display Galadriel on it as well, thereby replacing the SS/Weta base entirely. If this were the case, then I would hope for the base to be VERY similar to the SS/Weta base, in terms of shape/style. It doesn't necessarily have to have the etched Middle Earth map, though.

It would almost look like a bookend piece to the Saruman statue.

Yes that sounds nice, were it not that Galadriel is attached to her base, like the King of the Dead. "Breaking" it off of the base is a risky thing to do, I'd imagine.:rolleyes:

Yes that sounds nice, were it not that Galadriel is attached to her base, like the King of the Dead. "Breaking" it off of the base is a risky thing to do, I'd imagine.:rolleyes:

You're right! I had totally forgotten that. I thought she was removable like Eowyn but now remember that her feet and dress are attached to the base itself. So forget-a-bout-it... ;)

Dammit! Another mere 7 years later and I'm bumping this thread again! Anybody have a lead on a Galadriel Mirror? I've had an ebay search going for this for probably over 5 years, hoping it would turn up but nada. Anybody on this forum have an Elben-Mirror? Or did RickDTM ever make one?

Beren

He may even have some left :wink1:

Whilst you are checking out Kyle's mirror, have a look at his next project on the forum.......Aragorns sarcophagus/ tomb ! :lecture

He may even have some left :wink1:

Whilst you are checking out Kyle's mirror, have a look at his next project on the forum.......Aragorns sarcophagus/ tomb ! :lecture

I have the mirror, not by Kyle but by a sculptor from Germany, can't remember his name right now...Hausutor, maybe? Do you have a link to the sarcophagus?

Kyle a brilliant sculptor, who usually posts on Shadow and Flame forum had recently done Galadriel's mirror. A very good one.

Check out the thread.

1/6 Scale Galadriel's Mirror Update pg.12 (5/3) - The Shadow and Flame

Holy Shnikees!

I just spent 45 mins reading through all 470+ posts. I hope I can still get one! How bummed will I have to be if I've been looking for one for the last 7 years and miss the boat by 2 or 3 months?!! PM'd Kyle, fingers crossed. Thanks for the info!

HappyHappy JoyJoy!!

Kyle has a mirror for me, so glad I dug out this thread once more! :clap:yess:

This thread can finally rest in peace. :lol

Thanks for the tip!

Beren

Back