Galadriel's Mirror

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Elros said:
I think this would work with even keeping Galadriel's base in tact by form fitting the mirror's base so it fits tight and snug with G's base.

And I would have to have one.

Rick, you would probably get at least a few hundred requests just from the board members here

Just do it

John

I agree, yes and absolutely! :drool

Thanx for the response!! I'll contact a couple of folks and see what the time frame for getting this done would be. I have some nice screen caps, but I think we would need some better shots of the Mirror to get the details correct.

RickDTM said:
Thanx for the response!! I'll contact a couple of folks and see what the time frame for getting this done would be. I have some nice screen caps, but I think we would need some better shots of the Mirror to get the details correct.

Oh man! Thank you so much!
I am so excited by the possibility that we will be able to get a mirror for her!

THANK YOU!!!! :fireworks

It sounds like a decent idea but I will pass. Don't think I want to add a custom item with something made by those who worked on the item originally.

I just received her and was thinking how good the mirror would be.
I would take one!

That's already around 20 people that want one!
Oh this can happen! :bow SWEET!!!

I am psyched!!! :pint

Mirror

Yep that would look nice so take a vacation and start making it because i think 99% that has the statue would want one. :bow

Regards Linda

I agree with King Elros. What could be the harm of placing and add-on to the Galadriel Statue? Nothing is being altered on the statue, just an extra environment is added to get the right effect.

BTW, I received my Galadriel just the other day. It is magnificant, but lacking the mirror. She is pouring the water into nothing, so I want that mirror baby!

I'm sure it will look great and I know rick will do a great job. It's just not appealing to me personally. I'd just rather keep it the way it is and save that money for bigger fish.

Well, not wanting one due to the fact that no one from Weta was involved in creating it makes no sense. Weve seen some less than impressive things that they did make, so this could only be a win/win situation, and I know Rick will get the right people on it, and they are just as, if not more talented.

I have nothing to say that haven't been said already, but I want one too...

------

woho, my first post on this "new" board

GrimaSnailTongue said:
Well, not wanting one due to the fact that no one from Weta was involved in creating it makes no sense. We've seen some less than impressive things that they did make, so this could only be a win/win situation, and I know Rick will get the right people on it, and they are just as, if not more talented.

It makes perfect sense to me. This piece was made by SSW it's not a custom made statue. If it was a custom made statue I'd be for it but since whoever does it wasn't involved with the movies the custom add on wouldn't mean diddly crap to me. Maybe they have made some less than impressive things to you but I can't say I haven't been let down by any of them. They all have something that makes me go dam that's pretty cool. I totally disagree its not a win/win but that's just me. Well, that last part made me laugh actually sorry. The sculptors at Weta have or are working on some of the biggest movies around so I would guess the talent level they have is a hell of a lot higher than can just be found on the street so to speak.

Galadriel is attached to her base just like the KOTD is so unless the people in favor are willing to take a chance on screwing her up getting her off an interlocking base is your only hope.

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
Galadriel is attached to her base just like the KOTD is so unless the people in favor are willing to take a chance on screwing her up getting her off an interlocking base is your only hope.

Yeah that would be the plan Josh, to form an entirely new base that would conjoin with the existing one, it would be completely unattached, and therefore no alteration of the actual statue would be made. That being the case, I can't see any negative reason to not go with this, but I respect your reasoning.

LOTRFan said:
Yeah that would be the plan Josh, to form an entirely new base that would conjoin with the existing one, it would be completely unattached, and therefore no alteration of the actual statue would be made. That being the case, I can't see any negative reason to not go with this, but I respect your reasoning.

Ok, I had seen some talk about making a base with two pins so I thought I would mention that this would because for concern. Like I said I got a bigger fish to fry so any extra money is most likely going to go towards that.

With all due respect Josh the statue is missing the Mirror!

Sure it won't be Weta working on it, but lets not deny some of the talented people that are around. Just browsing Statueforum... some of the work will blow you away (am sure you know about it already) and alot of those guys just do it for a hobby!

Closer to home, we got artists like Sara, Rick (Master Painter!), and Chuck - whose Aragorn was superior to Mike Asquith's (all due respect to him)! Need I say more? :woo

As for not wanting something not created by Weta. Well... ONE Weta sculptor works on the proto.. the rest is reproduced, painted and packaged by China. So it's hardly the hand of Weta that feeds us all polystone. :p

And Weta do get it wrong sometimes. With certain human likeness' - badly wrong!

Edit: I look forward to seeing an attempt to complete the diorama of Galadriel and her Mirror. If Rick's painting it, all the better!

Last edited:
Winged Shadows said:
With all due respect Josh the statue is missing the Mirror!

I didnt say it wasn't missing the mirror!

Winged Shadows said:
Sure it won't be Weta working on it, but lets not deny some of the talented people that are around. Just browsing Statueforum... some of the work will blow you away (am sure you know about it already) and alot of those guys just do it for a hobby!

I agree there are plenty of talented people around. I've seen some of the work there and its dam impressive to say the least.

Winged Shadows said:
Closer to home, we got artists like Sara, Rick (Master Painter!), and Chuck - whose Aragorn was superior to Mike Asquith's (all due respect to him)! Need I say more? :woo

Sara is a very very good artist her paiting skills are dam impressive. Rick does a good job as well. Chuck's bust was pretty good but I wouldn't say it impressed me more than the strider piece.

Winged Shadows said:
As for not wanting something not created by Weta. Well... ONE Weta sculptor works on the proto.. the rest is reproduced, painted and packaged by China. So it's hardly the hand of Weta that feeds us all polystone. :p

Yes, the proto is done by weta then casted. No more sculpting is done past that and if it is I believe I read it is done by weta. It's painted and packaged in China but the heart of the work is done by Weta so yes it is Weta that feeds us the Poly!!!

Winged Shadows said:
And Weta do get it wrong sometimes. With certain human likeness' - badly wrong!

If your really anal about the likenesses then yeah I guess they have gotten a few wrong.

Winged Shadows said:
Edit: I look forward to seeing an attempt to complete the diorama of Galadriel and her Mirror. If Rick's painting it, all the better!

I hope for all of you that go into this it works out and looks great. This just isn't for me.

You don't have to be anal to dislike the likeness on Pippin or Legolas. It's just being honest. I don't see why you have to label people in that way when their opinions differ to yours? I know you well enough to know you don't mean any harm by it, but it can be irritating.

I'd argue, if it doesn't look like what is supposed to, what good is it? :dunno Please don't use the 'essence of the character' line on me. I ain't a huge fan of the book, so what I saw in the movies matters to me.

[LOL...in the good spirit of the new boards I deleted this line]

:sancho

:rock

In the end what it comes down to, is different strokes...

Last edited:
Back