Galadriel PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are selling this wonderful statue due to the wifes medical bills from when she was going through cancer treatments. We tried very hard to not have to do this but in the end it is a must.
We also have Gandalf the White (Ex) PF up for sale as well. The Berserker (Ex) PF may be next along with the Moria Orc (reg).

Currently on the bay...
Galadriel Item Number: 220803714987
Gandalf the White Item Number: 220803704722

I thank all of you who have wished her (Kristine) great health as she is doing just that. As far as we both know, she is cancer free.

Now we ask that you wish us good fortune on our auctions.

Do you have a Frodo for sale? That's the only LotR PF I'm missing. :(

Glad your wife is better! :1-1:

Hi dtssyst:wave sorry to hear you are selling some of your LOTR collection. So glad you wife is doing so well.

I have all the PF produced so far, but if you have a Lurtz PF Exclusive on offer I could go for that, if that is any help.

He is the only LOTR PF Exclusive I'm missing.

:duff
Bill

Hey dtssyst, sorry to hear that your wife was ill, and we will all be pulling for her! You and your family will be in our thoughts, and hoping that her recovery continues. Good luck with your sales, as Galadriel is really under-rated. It is a beautiful figure, and one of the most limited in the line.

bill59,
I never did get the Lurtz PF. I had it on order but canceled it.
It was very hard to decide what to do. A stern look from the wife was... well... let me just say that we moved into our new home. :)

Seaward,
Thanks.
Also, I agree that she is very under-rated and also very limited compared to the rest of the line.

I look at it this way. It was meant that we are not to have these right now. Either we will have them later or something better will come along. Only time will tell.

The josh, i like your opinion on the face sculpt/paint of this statue. What do you think? excellent? better or worse than arwen?

Galadriel04.jpg

7152_press04-001.jpg

Outside of the way the lips came out the rest is really quite nice. The lips are far too bright red compared to what you see in the pics above. Sculpt wise its a good sculpt maybe just a little off in the width of the face. Overall, I'd say its right there with the Arwen maquette as far rating.

The josh, i like your opinion on the face sculpt/paint of this statue. What do you think? excellent? better or worse than arwen?

Galadriel04.jpg

7152_press04-001.jpg

She does look much better in person, I always find the photos really wash out her colour. The lips are a bit to red, but I've had her on display since she came out, and I hardly notice at all.

Outside of the way the lips came out the rest is really quite nice. The lips are far too bright red compared to what you see in the pics above. Sculpt wise its a good sculpt maybe just a little off in the width of the face. Overall, I'd say its right there with the Arwen maquette as far rating.

wow ok i picked this because the face looked so off from the movie picture thought you would definitely said it wasnt good without any doubt. But you keep surprising me :) I guess we all really do look at things differently.

wow ok i picked this because the face looked so off from the movie picture thought you would definitely said it wasnt good without any doubt. But you keep surprising me :) I guess we all really do look at things differently.

She looks different depending on the angle. I have her in a cabinet slightly above where I sit, and the likeness is there, though it is by no means perfect. I feel the paint lets you down on galadriel, and I'd love to see someone do a serious repaint. I feel the same way about arwen, there are parts that look like her, and parts I'm not happy with so I skipped it. Considering Arwen is only 30$ less than galadreil was, I'll take galadreil any day.

I've got this piece and so I've seen it up close its not far off. As I said the face needs to be a bit thinner but the sculpt is there. Yes, we do. I find it surprising you care so much what I think. :lol

I was never impressed with this piece from all the pics i've seen but recently i saw one in a friends collection and i was very surprised at how nice it is,looks amazing in person,im now on the look out for one,and if you'd told me that when it went up for pre order i'd have laughed my ass off,just shows pics can be very misleading indeed

I've got this piece and so I've seen it up close its not far off. As I said the face needs to be a bit thinner but the sculpt is there. Yes, we do. I find it surprising you care so much what I think. :lol

of course i care! no worries i will find a lotr piece you dont like! :pray:

She is a great piece and the sculpt was let down slightly by the painting as has happened with a few pieces. Well worth grabbing now as I don't think SS will revisit her in PF form (hints very strongly to current listing in for sale thread :wink1: )

I have abandoned the lotr PF line(except for the gollum of course), ebayed my last piece - gandalf white ex a few weeks ago. Just dont appeal to me anymore..too boring and static. When you line all of them up, looks like grandma's dressup doll collection :/

The new marquette is more exciting but that's incomplete until they add the hobbits in 2050 (i dont know what SS has against hobbits!).

Ordered a new curio, resetting my lotr collection to focus on more action based dios/statues. And SS has some awesome pieces for that.

Yeah, it's well done just not my thing.

I dig the harad soldier but would have liked to have seen one not dying.

The new marquette is more exciting but that's incomplete until they add the hobbits in 2050 (i dont know what SS has against hobbits!).

While the term maquette is over-used and misleading for these figures, marquette is a college.

:lecture

oh geez, just picked this up off ebay half off, not sure why...

Guess i will find out if you guys are right about it looks better in person :slap

Back