Galadriel PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see this statue getting more of the recognition that it deserves, I thought everyone hated this one!! :(
I think it is still an amazing PF and for me what makes it so good is that it's VERY different in the look and feel of it to all the other PFs to date.
It really captures the Elven Queen and all she represents.
There's an aura of majesty,tranquility and power about this PF imo. :wave

Definitely worth having in any LOTR collection!

I have the Gandalf the White PF and I really like it. What I kinda find funny is that people complain about his likeness and also of Galadriel's likeness but at the same time, they collect a lot of the Weta stuff, which doesn't always have really good likenesses either. At times they're really bad.

I intend on trying to tone down her lips a bit. I think that will be a big help.

The detailing in the costumes for both Galadriel and GTW is great, and as for the likenesses it will always be down to personal interpretation.
I for one like both PF's (minus a few minor niggles). For me, the Lady of Light is a great PF as is GTW :)

While the likeness isn't perfect, to me it is a better portrait than any of the Weta ones. (Sorry FrodoEyes, I know your preference, but let's agree to disagree)

The color on the lips is a little too red, and should be a more natural hue, but I think that the fact that the films were so altered in terms of color timing, it is hard to pin down a look that is natural in person that reflects the film image.

The costume detail is very nicely represented in the cloth outfit, and I really like little details, like her bare foot sticking out from the robe.

I've never put the hood up, as I am afraid to do anything to the sculpt, though!! She looks great with the hood up!

Wish I could, I'm moving in 6 weeks and I've unfortunately had to pack her into storage. :( all of my Sc stuff is currently in boxes. I sit the top edge just above her crown though if it helps.

I've always displayed her with hood up, with a little shapping of the wire in the trim, it looks fantastic.

:postpics:

Pic please, I haven't ever been able to get the hood to sit right; mine is always down. :lol

:goodpost: :exactly:

Wish I could, I'm moving in 6 weeks and I've unfortunately had to pack her into storage. :( all of my Sc stuff is currently in boxes. I sit the top edge just above her crown though if it helps.

:panic: :gah: :impatient: Have you moved yet? :lol

I got her the other day. I think she looks really good, except for the red lipstick. I'm really glad I got it.

Now all I need is a Frodo and I'll be set and have them all. :)

:postpics:

:panic: :gah: :impatient: Have you moved yet? :lol

Dec 13th I get to move, then the long process of unpacking. I can't wait, my neighbour holds band practice in his garage daily, starting around 10pm, and I'm tired of feeling like I live next store to a bar.

I hate having all my stuff packed up, I haven't even opened my spook kit yet.

Just picked this up on Sideshows 30% off sale. She sooooo much better in person than the pictures Sideshow has.

While browsing the gift card list, I notice Galadriel was still on it. When I got her, it only showed like 15 left. Now, it's back in stock with no low quantity bar. So does that mean there's over 100 now? I'm really surprised at this.

While browsing the gift card list, I notice Galadriel was still on it. When I got her, it only showed like 15 left. Now, it's back in stock with no low quantity bar. So does that mean there's over 100 now? I'm really surprised at this.

It's probably another 'European edition' type promotion :wink1:

Hi WrathofSauron :wave, I'm new to this site and I see you are from Dublin, Ireland...me too :yess:. I was beginning to think I was the only one in Dublin with a passion for SS and SSW LOTR collectibles. Nice to know there are at least two of us after all :clap.

Just picked this up on Sideshows 30% off sale. She sooooo much better in person than the pictures Sideshow has.
Hi FRODAY :wave, yeah I have to agree with you there, but isn't that always the way with these things. I have never got a SS LOTR collectible that wasn't a lot better in-hand, than it looked in its pics. Not that there is anything wrong with SS's pics, it's just that the AWESOMENESS just isn't possible to capture in 2D IMHO. If yours is like mine, she just could do with a little toning down on the lip colour. But other than that she is bang on. And at 30% off :clap she is a bargain.

Bill

We are selling this wonderful statue due to the wifes medical bills from when she was going through cancer treatments. We tried very hard to not have to do this but in the end it is a must.
We also have Gandalf the White (Ex) PF up for sale as well. The Berserker (Ex) PF may be next along with the Moria Orc (reg).

Currently on the bay...
Galadriel Item Number: 220803714987
Gandalf the White Item Number: 220803704722

I thank all of you who have wished her (Kristine) great health as she is doing just that. As far as we both know, she is cancer free.

Now we ask that you wish us good fortune on our auctions.

Good luck buddy on the sales, and am happy you're wife is doing well. Life puts things in the proper perspective sometimes...

All the best.

Hey dtssyst...glad your wife is doing better. We have another thing in common besides LOTR, I guess. My wife is now over 7 years cancer free!

And...as many of you know, life does indeed force you to put things into perspective at times!

Best of luck on the sales!

Back