G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes me wonder if we’ll see more $30 figures. Would Mutt and Junkyard or Snake Eyes and Timber fall into that ‘deluxe’ category? I doubt they’d put anything but a tiny unpainted puppy in with a $20 figure. If they are fully articulated animals, I wonder if they’ll be $40?

I would think Zartan and Swamp Skier and Serpentor and Air Chariot would fit in that $40 small vehicle class Baroness is in. Maybe a Cobra Commander and throne? Baroness really opens up a possibility of more deluxe sets. Hard to say if Hasbro would be willing to test much beyond that. Even a midrange vehicle like a Hisstank would probably be $100 in 6”. I doubt old Wild Bill would get anything decent to fly anytime soon. But you know there will be those crazies already asking about a Flagg :lol

Hasbro Pulse is supposed to put up Snake Supreme Cobra Commander next month for pre-order.

I'm not familiar with Hasbro Pulse pre-orders. Are they generally available to pre-order within a certain window (made to order essentially) or do they have a finite number available for pre-order and once they sell out, it's gone?

I'm basically wondering if I have to try to jump on it before scalpers buy up the lot or if I'll have a reasonable opportunity to obtain one.

Score! Woke up this morning and checked popfindr. They were showing stock at 3 nearby stores and my wife just took off. Left my ass in bed lol. First stop had about 5 guys already in the toy aisle with the Target employee checking stock so she bailed and hit the next one instead of hanging around. She scored at her next stop. 2 on the shelf. One for me and one for my buddy. She was feeling that hunter high lol.

I'm not familiar with Hasbro Pulse pre-orders. Are they generally available to pre-order within a certain window (made to order essentially) or do they have a finite number available for pre-order and once they sell out, it's gone?

I'm basically wondering if I have to try to jump on it before scalpers buy up the lot or if I'll have a reasonable opportunity to obtain one.

These won’t be a pre-order, they’ll be in stock. They were the already planned SDCC exclusives so they’re already made in finite numbers and expected to go within minutes. Definitely not one to take your time on. Hopefully with no physical con this year getting the bulk of the supply, these might not quite be so blink and you miss them, but it’s best to act as if that will be the case. Hasbro’s proven how much they’ve underestimated the demand so I doubt they’ll be made in super high numbers.

Score! Woke up this morning and checked popfindr. They were showing stock at 3 nearby stores and my wife just took off. Left my ass in bed lol. First stop had about 5 guys already in the toy aisle with the Target employee checking stock so she bailed and hit the next one instead of hanging around. She scored at her next stop. 2 on the shelf. One for me and one for my buddy. She was feeling that hunter high lol.

Nice! What a great wife!

Found my Baroness yesterday along with 2 other collectors. Manager had to get them from the back. Glad that's over with though I'm gonna try to find another to help out Buttmunch.

These won?t be a pre-order, they?ll be in stock. They were the already planned SDCC exclusives so they?re already made in finite numbers and expected to go within minutes. Definitely not one to take your time on. Hopefully with no physical con this year getting the bulk of the supply, these might not quite be so blink and you miss them, but it?s best to act as if that will be the case. Hasbro?s proven how much they?ve underestimated the demand so I doubt they?ll be made in super high numbers.

Yikes. That?s not great. Hope I don?t have to have to resort to eBay to find him.

I did receive a second Destro today so now I have both variants. Just need to get a third one to actually open.

Found my Baroness yesterday along with 2 other collectors. Manager had to get them from the back. Glad that's over with though I'm gonna try to find another to help out Buttmunch.

Congrats and thanks for thinking of me! Sounds like they ought to finally start hitting my area in the next day or two if they’ve made it to your neck is the woods. I’ll also try my best to snag an extra for anyone needing help here if I can get my hands on more than one.

I’m going to do my best to snag an extra Supreme Snake Cobra Commander when he goes up next month for anyone that misses out, but I could be that boat too for all I know. I’m hoping for the best, but planning for the worst.

She is definitely starting to hit in force...loads of IG posts with Baroness hauls today. I found popfindr to be the most reliable and accurate of the inventory checkers today. Brickseek has been worthless.

Beautiful set. The Baroness looks stunning and even better with her BF. Hasbro is killing it this year. Why on earth is this an exclusive though?? Needs to be available everywhere :clap

Great photos!

My assumption on why they went exclusive so quick:

Hasbro didn't think this line would be such a 'hit'. They basically quietly ended the most recent 3.75" line about 4 years ago and the line was running on fumes with the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. GIJCC finally folded in 2019. R.I.P.

Hasbro knows Joe RAH fans have ALWAYS wanted 6-inch scale Joes. Once that became the "premiere" scale (thanks to Toy Biz' Marvel Legends figures), fans wanted it. I've been to two Joecons (2004 in Orlando, 2005 in Minneapolis) and the Hasbro reps were certainly asked about it.

So when they decided to bring G.I. Joe back and try the 6-inch scale, I think Hasbro approached it with some trepidation. Would it be a hit? Would fans accept it? Can they get new fans? etc. etc. So however the discussion happened to make "Wave 1.5: Cobra Island" I think it would address TWO main things for Hasbro:

-TARGET, in accepting an "exclusive" wave, most likely provided funding and finance to help off-set the Hasbro profit loss exclusivity of the items to their store as Hasbro is certainly incurring a disadvantage by NOT making it more widely available. This is commonly what is done when a retailer wants an 'exclusive' items from a product developer that can sell at multiple venues (or in some cases, the product developer just can't find a retailer that will carry their product). In this circumstance, after Wave 1, I think Hasbro saw this as a way to make some extra money in case Wave 1 didn't do so well, maybe even help off-set the costs. Whether Target or Hasbro approached each other first about an exclusive wave, I don't know.

-HASBRO, by doing an exclusive wave so quickly, could develop 'hype' and attention around the line. Ensuring it would widely sell out nationwide and that Target would be running to them for more orders (which all rumors supposedly indicate are going to happen). Regardless whether the people buying the line are collectors and scalpers, they know the "exclusive" label will bring people to Target and maybe with low stock roll-out, they know it will help the line almost immediately off the bat. Collectors buy it because it has an army-builder, a vehicle/character release, a unique Joe, and a Joe variation, and scalpers buy it because anything "exclusive" means more money for them.

Just my thoughts!

Great photos!

My assumption on why they went exclusive so quick:

Hasbro didn't think this line would be such a 'hit'. They basically quietly ended the most recent 3.75" line about 4 years ago and the line was running on fumes with the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. GIJCC finally folded in 2019. R.I.P.

Hasbro knows Joe RAH fans have ALWAYS wanted 6-inch scale Joes. Once that became the "premiere" scale (thanks to Toy Biz' Marvel Legends figures), fans wanted it. I've been to two Joecons (2004 in Orlando, 2005 in Minneapolis) and the Hasbro reps were certainly asked about it.

So when they decided to bring G.I. Joe back and try the 6-inch scale, I think Hasbro approached it with some trepidation. Would it be a hit? Would fans accept it? Can they get new fans? etc. etc. So however the discussion happened to make "Wave 1.5: Cobra Island" I think it would address TWO main things for Hasbro:

-TARGET, in accepting an "exclusive" wave, most likely provided funding and finance to help off-set the Hasbro profit loss exclusivity of the items to their store as Hasbro is certainly incurring a disadvantage by NOT making it more widely available. This is commonly what is done when a retailer wants an 'exclusive' items from a product developer that can sell at multiple venues (or in some cases, the product developer just can't find a retailer that will carry their product). In this circumstance, after Wave 1, I think Hasbro saw this as a way to make some extra money in case Wave 1 didn't do so well, maybe even help off-set the costs. Whether Target or Hasbro approached each other first about an exclusive wave, I don't know.

-HASBRO, by doing an exclusive wave so quickly, could develop 'hype' and attention around the line. Ensuring it would widely sell out nationwide and that Target would be running to them for more orders (which all rumors supposedly indicate are going to happen). Regardless whether the people buying the line are collectors and scalpers, they know the "exclusive" label will bring people to Target and maybe with low stock roll-out, they know it will help the line almost immediately off the bat. Collectors buy it because it has an army-builder, a vehicle/character release, a unique Joe, and a Joe variation, and scalpers buy it because anything "exclusive" means more money for them.

Just my thoughts!

These are all excellent points. I hope Hasbro realizes the demand is higher than they anticipated and makes the next waves of things available everywhere. Also, considering there's the Joe Operation Blackout video game coming up, Hasbro should get Netflix to start in on a new Joe cartoon for all of us fans, and hey, even the new little kids coming up too. Funny how with Gi Joe, MOTU, TMNT, Star Wars, all the toys we had as kids 20 and 30 years ago are still hot sellers to this day... anyway, can't wait for the next wave and more vehicles to come! :)

Haha, that's awesome. Gotta love a supportive wife. I saw that a Target 10 minutes from my house had Baroness in stock on Saturday. Despite having woken up late, a ton of chores on the docket, and having plans to meet friends at a beach house shortly, I told my wife (who was in the shower) and she just said "Go. I'll take care of everything else."

:yess:

Anybody feelin kind and have an extra of this new line please hit me up because I’m real close to jus giving up....

Anybody feelin kind and have an extra of this new line please hit me up because I?m real close to jus giving up....

Check your local comic shop and online retailers. There will be a single Baroness released shortly. Lots of places have the Classified line but a lot are sold out right now. Stock replenishment will arrive in the next few weeks so worry not

Picked up two Cobra Troopers today!
The design and paint apps on these are great, the guns do kinda suck, as do the inability to remove the pouches, but still overall great figures, probably the very best 6" Joes released so far.

Back