G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a lot like the Ninja Force Storm Shadown from the 90s. I had that figure when I was a kid.

Yes, is a great homage to that figure. I just never understand the thought process of an snow outfit for him including so much black when his normal colors would probably be better suited for white out environment, just with more coverage and padding needed.

It possible and even likely that Storm Shadow as well as Baroness were movie related figures and therefore their release was postponed. That would also partially explain why Wave 2 only features three figures rather than 5 or 6 (3 CCs, 2 Gung Hos, and 1 Red Ninja per case).

I assumed that a Pimp Daddy Destro was a shoo-in for an exclusive because that's really the only repaint of the v1 sculpt. I expect there may be an Iron Grenadier, Heavy Weapons, or an Arctic version down the line. I like all of the added options that really run with the outlandish design, so picking up this exclusive was a no-brainer even though this will be the first and probably PD Destro I own.

The Red Ninja was an early preview so I wasn't at all surprised to see them included, and it is a nice selling point that anyone wanting most of the edged weapons that came with the Hasbro Pulse Exclusive Snake Eyes can still get them with this figure. That said, it is a little odd to have the line's first troop-builder being packed only one per case.

Not really buying the explanation that the whole "Regal" Cobra Commander debacle was just an honest mistake, but I'm satisfied that both will ultimately be available.

The one I find to be a bit of a head-scratcher is Gung-Ho. It seems like if they were going with a more subdued / realistic look that they should've left the t-shirt as previewed and released an aqua-blue variant without one later. Wish they'd have gone with an 8-point fatigue cap, as well.

Roadblock will undoubtedly get a v1 homage at some point and Duke will get multiple variants. The current sculpt could be repainted into either a desert version or a jungle/Tiger Force one, and I'd wager an arctic version will also eventually be made.

The Arctic Storm Shadow is the only one I pre-ordered just to be a completionist, as Ninja Force was after my time and this figure doesn't look all that prepped for cold weather. I would've thought something more along the lines of the ROC long jacketed design would have been better suited. I can easily see parts from this figure and the Red Ninja being repainted to make a Night Creeper.

Looking forward to seeing how Flint, Lady Jaye, Barbecue, Zartan, and Major Bludd shape up.

Meh, I still hate the redesigns, whomever they hired to design these figures I wouldn't hire to design dollar store toys.
Glad to see that Gung-Ho has armored up his calves and right forearm, I'd take a bullet anywhere but in those places. I always thought the biggest problem with Cobra Commander's uniform was that it didn't look stupid enough, needs more snakesssss, piping and crap. Now he looks like a military commander that Qaddafi would laugh at. The oversized football pads and hanging chain mail will help make the Red Ninja extra stealthy, good call. Nice to see Storm Shadow update his wardrobe to the 21st century, it'll perfectly match his 19th century weapons. Storm Shadow's' grieves and skirt armor are perfectly placed, the only time you'd get a shot off at SS is when he's running away like the coward he is.
Then Pimp Destro, and you thought Cobra Commander looked stupid before, Destro has out done everyone.

Meanwhile.......

Oorah!

Last edited:
A little confused why they didn’t give Slaughter bare arms they have available on their other figure to give him his classic look. Even if they came as an interchangeable option with him rather than forcing us to buy two figures to do that. Smart marketing I guess.

I strongly believe that they didn't give him bare arms so that it wouldn't look too similar to his RAH Joe look so not to tread on Hasbro's turf. The Valaverse figures are modular so it shouldn't be a problem.
I hope he's still available by the time I have the money to order, I wouldn't want to miss out like I did on the WWE Mr. T.

EDIT:
I just placed my pre-order with BBTS. They won't charge until it's ready to ship so I went that direction. If it's still available later I might update my pledge and cancel BBTS to save on costs.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/129095

Last edited:
Why couldn’t they jus do stormshadow...... Red ninjas and pimp destro?

We'll agree to disagree. This line is awesome so far. I love the updated designs. All 80's and 90's inspired but brought up to date for the 21st century. Can't wait to see the rest and I've already ordered a few.

We'll agree to disagree. This line is awesome so far. I love the updated designs. All 80's and 90's inspired but brought up to date for the 21st century. Can't wait to see the rest and I've already ordered a few.

I'm in complete agreement with you. And I really do believe we'll some some classic ARAH representation when it has its 40th in 2022.

By the way, I've already spotted Wave 1 at Vintage Stock for those of you impatiently waiting for it to hit store shelves. And they're only $24.99 which is just a few dollars more to have it now.

Beachhead?! Right on!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in March we told you about listings that had shown up online that indicated Hasbro's second wave of 6" G.I. Joe: Classified figures would include 3 non-movie figures and 3 movie figures.

Last week Hasbro officially revealed that the three non-movie figures for the wave would be Gung-Ho, Red Ninja Viper and Dark Blue Cobra Commander. Note the Profit Director Destro is a Fan-Channel exclusive so it's not part of the regular wave. The same goes for the Cobra Commander Regal Variant and Arctic Mission Storm Shadow figures. They are both exclusives and not part of a regular wave.

Now thanks to the overseas retailer HobbyBase, we may have word on what the three movie-based figures for wave 2 will be. Along with the new figures revealed last week, they are listing three movie figures being released in the line for Beach Head, Roadblock and Cobra Trooper.

The are also listing some kind of movie based figure with motorcycle. We have recently seen a similar listing show up in the Target store systems, though at Target it wasn't listed as a movie item.

If the HobbyBase listings are accurate, it's unclear if these will be figures based on the upcoming Snake-Eyes movie or if they will be based on older G.I. Joe movies. The going assumption would be for the new movie, but the character choices do seem a little odd for a Snake-Eyes origins story. Only time will tell and of course we are treating these as rumors until we get some type of further confirmation from either Hasbro or other reliable sources. Stay-tuned for more details as they become available.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Toy News Intl: https://toynewsi.com/9-36619

Hopefully the movie designers make a better looking Beachhead than what the Classified designers could create.
I didn't know Arctic Storm Shadow was exclusive. It's available to pre-order right now on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Class...1&keywords=storm+shadow&qid=1593528326&sr=8-2

I dunno, I'm actually loving everything I'm seeing in the Classified series so far. The vibrant colors and designs are stunning and I really appreciate Hasbro giving some serious love to the Joes again. If you check everywhere, it looks line is selling very well too. I'm an 80's kid sure, but we do need to update designs and the world has changed so it's okay that the Joes have slightly updated too. These figs are looking great. Between these and the Sideshow Joes, they're the best ones created so far imo

Ironically, I think people would have preferred the more realistic approach Sideshow took instead of the more sci-fi look Classified is. People are overlooking the elements they dislike because the rest of the figures are done so well. Not really a fan of the shin guards but it’s not enough to stop me from buying these.

I got a "Timber" for Snake Eyes. It is the Animal Kingdom grey wolf by Papo. I think it scales very well.
20200630_151909(1).jpg

Ironically, I think people would have preferred the more realistic approach Sideshow took instead of the more sci-fi look Classified is. People are overlooking the elements they dislike because the rest of the figures are done so well. Not really a fan of the shin guards but it’s not enough to stop me from buying these.

All to keep the kids and the parents happy unfortunately...

The positive thing is that at least G.I. Joe is living on...

It's Hasbro's *true* original license (Transformers doesn't count since they *technically* got it from Japan)

Back