G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a sidecap of the GI Joe classified wave at Walmart yesterday, It was packed full, not one figure sold. I only had enough for a figure, decided to get Ghostbusters Ray instead, not a perfect likeness but still a great figure. Snake Eyes and Roadblock will have to wait for another day.

Saw a sidecap of the GI Joe classified wave at Walmart yesterday, It was packed full, not one figure sold. I only had enough for a figure, decided to get Ghostbusters Ray instead, not a perfect likeness but still a great figure. Snake Eyes and Roadblock will have to wait for another day.

Nice try. 'Cause they're selling like hot cakes everywhere. And you don't think maybe Walmart just put them out? That's right, you must've seen the inventory report. SMH know-it-all hater. Pretty sad and jealous attitude. I'm glad these are a hit and they look great. Go back to the Star Wars thread which I've never been on once in my life. Star WarZzzzzzzz. I'm sure the Star Wars line will pick up in sales again one day, maybe. Please allow GI JOE to enjoy it's Classified lines awesome success. :wave

Last edited:
Nice try. 'Cause they're selling like hot cakes everywhere. And you don't think maybe Walmart just put them out? That's right, you must've seen the inventory report. SMH know-it-all hater. Pretty sad and jealous attitude. I'm glad these are a hit and they look great. Go back to the Star Wars thread which I've never been on once in my life. Star WarZzzzzzzz. I'm sure the Star Wars line will pick up in sales again one day, maybe. Please allow GI JOE to enjoy it's Classified lines awesome success. :wave

What, are you an idiot?
I own four Classified figures, those two I listed are the ones I don't own yet. And I rarely buy Star Wars anymore. I've bought more Classified figures than SW in the past several months; 1 to 4. I've been a RAH Joe fan since the early 80's, I owned just about all the original stuff excluding the Flagg and bought almost everything 25th Ann. including a portion of the movie figures. I also own several 12" Joes from Hasbro, Sideshow, Hot Toys and Customs. What I hate are terrible idiotic designs, including the neon color ninja crap from the late 80's-90's, as well as the roided up 5 poa crap that followed. People have been begging Hasbro for 6" Joes for awhile now which is why these have sold and why I own them, unfortunately the only figures that pass the muster are Excl. Snake Eyes and Destro because they're not too far from Classic RAH. There's no questioning that these would've sold better had they all been closer looking classic RAH designs. I've read several comments online from Youtube, to Fwoosh, to TNI, to facebook, and here from people disappointed in the designs and requesting that Hasbro make more faithful renditions. Our only hope is that Hasbro listens to the fans that care enough to ask for only their best.

What, are you an idiot?
I own four Classified figures, those two I listed are the ones I don't own yet. And I rarely buy Star Wars anymore. I've bought more Classified figures than SW in the past several months; 1 to 4. I've been a RAH Joe fan since the early 80's, I owned just about all the original stuff excluding the Flagg and bought almost everything 25th Ann. including a portion of the movie figures. I also own several 12" Joes from Hasbro, Sideshow, Hot Toys and Customs. What I hate are terrible idiotic designs, including the neon color ninja crap from the late 80's-90's, as well as the roided up 5 poa crap that followed. People have been begging Hasbro for 6" Joes for awhile now which is why these have sold and why I own them, unfortunately the only figures that pass the muster are Excl. Snake Eyes and Destro because they're not too far from Classic RAH. There's no questioning that these would've sold better had they all been closer looking classic RAH designs. I've read several comments online from Youtube, to Fwoosh, to TNI, to facebook, and here from people disappointed in the designs and requesting that Hasbro make more faithful renditions. Our only hope is that Hasbro listens to the fans that care enough to ask for only their best.

Get real, the Classified line is selling extremely well and you know it. You know who's disappointed? OLD PEOPLE. OLD PEOPLE who can't evolve and change with the times. OLD PEOPLE who think that everything still needs to look like a 1984 design. The Joe outfits needed to be updated. I'm an 80's-90's kid myself and I think what Hasbro has done is stunning. And 95 percent of the comments about the Classified line that I've read on Youtube and other threads are glowingly positive. You know why Star Wars is losing steam? Because the actors are aging out. The demographic is aging out. Cobra Commander will always be young and relevent like Transformers and TMNT. Why? Because they're cartoons. They're comics and are action figures and not real humans. Ghostbusters is still relevent too because they evolve the characters with the times ie: different versions of figures and different designs. This Gi Joe line is awesome and you trying to drag it is just low because YOU OH MIGHTY ENTITLED ONE, can't accept change in design. Get over it. It's not 1986 anymore. You're clearly not a real Joe fan. Go back to the ocotgenarians on the Star Wars thread and live like it's 1977 still with the same old tired designs. Hasbro would've been fools to only listen to OLD PEOPLE. They needed to slightly evolve the designs with what's relevent with kids today. Hasbro did an awesome job imo. If you don't like it, buy the retro line coming out. Have a lovely day

Last edited:
The only figures from this line I've seen selling are Snake Eyes and Destro, apart from diehard fans who bought the whole assortment. I personally think the dislike towards the designs is warranted, because while people had been asking for 6" Joes, no one asked them to reinvent the wheel. They really look like Fortnite skins. The Baroness design they've shown in promotional material has neon pink highlights in her hair, and Storm Shadow has a Bane mask. It's weird and I'm curious why they made those choices.

G.I.-Joe-Classified-Cobra-01__scaled_800.jpg

The original designs are absolutely tacky, but there's ways they could've "modernized" them while keeping the original intent - like this awesome Duke render by Tecrom on Hisstank.

source: https://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-fan-art/435991-duke-g-i-joe-real-american-hero-tecrom-designs.html
172481d1484716312-duke-g-i-joe-real-american-hero-tecrom-designs-face.jpg

I think they're taking the complaints about the gold motif to heart since they ended up changing Cobra Commander's colors to something more subtle. You can see the original design is still on the box. Now the one based on the official art is the variant.

E84975L00_5010993725663_pkg_20_Large_300DPI.jpg

There's no way kids care about GI Joe, unless they're indoctrinated by their parents or tricked into thinking these are Fortnite figures. There's no modern GI Joe media for them to be attached to apart from a crappy mobile game, reruns of the original cartoon on YouTube, and a rumored video game on consoles that hasn't been announced yet.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but judging from what I've seen, the designs that are the most faithful to the originals seem to be selling best.

And I'd say Ghostbusters isn't a good example, since the only toys from the franchise that sell are from the first two movies. The Ghostbusters 2016 figures were clearanced before the movie had even released.

Last edited:
The only figures from this line I've seen selling are Snake Eyes and Destro, apart from diehard fans who bought the whole assortment. I personally think the dislike towards the designs are warranted, because while people had been asking for 6" Joes, no one asked them to reinvent the wheel. They look like Fortnite skins. The Baroness design they've shown in promotional material has neon pink highlights in her hair, and Storm Shadow has a Bane mask. It's weird and I'm curious why they made those choices.

View attachment 489932

And I'd say Ghostbusters isn't a good example, since the only toys from the franchise that sell are from the first two movies. The Ghostbusters 2016 figures were clearanced before the movie had even released.

I think they're taking the complaints about the gold motif to heart since they ended up changing Cobra Commander's colors to something more subtle. You can see the original design is still on the box. Now the one based on the official art is the variant.

View attachment 489933

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but judging from what I've seen, the designs that are the most faithful to the originals seem to be selling best.

Fair enough. I just believe that Hasbro has given the Joes some serious love again. They did marketing research asking young and old what they're looking for. I've watched numerous interviews with the design and development guy as I'm sure have others. The same people that complained years ago about Sideshow's 1/6 Firefly figure not being accurate now complain that they don't own it and how "amazing" it is and how they missed out and he's now $500. Sometimes it takes a minute to let change absorb.

No one complains that Superman's outfit has changed since the 1938 original or how Batman evolves or Spiderman. But when it comes to the Joes, people complain. We can't stay stuck in the 1980's. I think the new Duke and Scarlett figure look incredible as do Destro and Snake Eyes. I love the bold colors and design choices. They still look like their characters, only slightly tweaked. I don't want Baroness to have pink highlights but perhaps that's just the lighting. I love the designs. Can't please everyone

We'll see other opinions, but so far the younger reviewers (20's, early 30's on Youtube) seem pretty into them. The 40 plus crowd is a bit more critical but from a business perspective, Hasbro needs to let the Joes evolve a bit and I think they're doing a great job so far. We can all agree to disagree. They seem to be selling well. Sold out on Hasbro Pulse and lots of figs sold on ebay and other sites. Lots of positive word of mouth on the Joe forums too. As a fan, I'll support the line and genuinely love what I'm seeing. Cobra Commander (both versions) look great

LOL IMO Ghostbusters 2016 never happened. Doesn't exist. NEVER HAPPENED :)

BTW The custom Duke design you posted looks very dated to me. There's no figure anywhere on the market that currently looks like that. Drab. Dated. Not good. We won't all ever agree. I much prefer the new Hasbro Duke sculpt by a thousand miles to that custom. Different strokes...

And the new Joe game has been announced. It's called Operation Blackout for PS4, XBOX etc. Can't wait for that! Later all... go buy some new Classified Joes!

Last edited:
"...and the name's not Jack, it's Roadblock. I'm with G.I.JOE!!"

Finally got my Roadblock from Amazon today. Now, my JOEs are up to date, just missing that pesky Destro!

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 111
AWESOMENESS! Loving the diorama too. Beautiful figures

Thank you!

And just spotted the first figures in Kansas City, MO at a local Walmart (No signs of Snake Eyes or Destro):

Attachments

• IMG_0264(2).jpg
    IMG_0264(2).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 97
Thank you!

And just spotted the first figures in Kansas City, MO at a local Walmart (No signs of Snake Eyes or Destro):

The Independence Walmart at Bolger Road is where I saw that complete sidecap. That was a few days ago so they might've sold a few, they only had two Destros in the set so those might be gone by now, but if it's not too far for you it might be worth a look. The sidecap is at the very back end of the action figure isle.

Though your WM has more of the Ghostbusters wave, I only found the one Ray figure so that's why he won out. Good Luck!

The Independence Walmart at Bolger Road is where I saw that complete sidecap. That was a few days ago so they might've sold a few, they only had two Destros in the set so those might be gone by now, but if it's not too far for you it might be worth a look. The sidecap is at the very back end of the action figure isle.

Though your WM has more of the Ghostbusters wave, I only found the one Ray figure so that's why he won out. Good Luck!

I had no idea I lived that close to the Death Star II.

Thanks, I only really need Destro. I have him ordered through BBTS along with all of Wave 1 to keep MIB. If I happen to snag Destro before they ship him, I'll just cancel the pre-order.

This was the Walmart in Gladstone, by the way.

I had no idea I lived that close to the Death Star II.

Thanks, I only really need Destro. I have him ordered through BBTS along with all of Wave 1 to keep MIB. If I happen to snag Destro before they ship him, I'll just cancel the pre-order.

This was the Walmart in Gladstone, by the way.

:lol It's a long commute.
Gladstone is a bit in the other direction for me, only passed through there once on the way to Hobbytown. I'll have to wait to buy more GB figures having spent way too much on Cobi tanks recently. I'm sure there will be plenty of GB around. :wave

Put together my ideal Classified Snake Eyes
Retail release Body + Exclusive Head, weapons, bandolier and belts.
All thats missing is Timber.

B5DA0620-F436-471D-883B-6E4CDBFDCCBB-8814-00000CE8B933A619.JPG

B5DA0620-F436-471D-883B-6E4CDBFDCCBB-8814-00000CE8B933A619.jpg Wanted to see what it looked like without the red and a more neutral gray. Also added a green shade to the grenades and a metallic sheen to the gun and sword. Meh, it's cool either way.

View attachment 490328 Wanted to see what it looked like without the red and a more neutral gray. Also added a green shade to the grenades and a metallic sheen to the gun and sword. Meh, it's cool either way.
Looks really good there! That's what I want to do with the regular SE, I'm keeping my Excl. SE in box but the reg. version is prime for repainting. Definitely get rid of the red and for the visor, I'll repaint it more of a black chrome or a semi-gloss gunmetal color.

Convention Exclusive Supreme Cobra Commander:
View attachment 490384
Hasbro-GIJoe-Con-Exclusive-Snake-Supreme-Cobra-Commander-Reveal-04.jpg

Looks good for a over the top parade costume.

Yep as if the prior versions were not over the top enough:rotfl
So that means Hasbro should not be "afraid" to make Serpentor. I loved his look because he was WAAAAYYY over the top :rotfl

And here's hoping the Classified Baroness is similar in look to the new RAH Walmart figure.

Back