Future Superman Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why there is so much love for Doomsday. He was a means to an end and an ending that didn't stick long either. He'd be screwed up on screen for sure.

I say go Brainiac so we can get some Krypton flashbacks or Bizarro for a full fledged battle royale

I have an "out there" idea that I'd love see executed. It wouldn't really be used to forward any current storyline be it the Reeves saga or Smallville, but would be a stand alone story based in the 40s.

The deal maker, or breaker if you're not into this sort of thing, would be that the film would be filmed in the same style as "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" and would incorporate similar retro-futuristic saturday matinee sci-fi elements.

I have an "out there" idea that I'd love see executed. It wouldn't really be used to forward any current storyline be it the Reeves saga or Smallville, but would be a stand alone story based in the 40s.

The deal maker, or breaker if you're not into this sort of thing, would be that the film would be filmed in the same style as "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" and would incorporate similar retro-futuristic saturday matinee sci-fi elements.

I would love to see a live-action retro Superman movie with the same feel as the old Fleischer cartoons, but they'll never do it.

At this rate, they need to send Superman the way of Captain America. Put it to rest long enough to generate some buzz and bring it back. With Superman Returns bombing, it would be wise to put the Man of Steel on ice for awhile. Let them do The justice League but not have a single movie base around Superman for a long long long time.

All Superman needs is the same thing as any character, a good story. All the special effects won't help a bad story as a lot of today's films can attest to.

At this rate, they need to send Superman the way of Captain America. Put it to rest long enough to generate some buzz and bring it back. With Superman Returns bombing, it would be wise to put the Man of Steel on ice for awhile. Let them do The justice League but not have a single movie base around Superman for a long long long time.

That's kinda what they did. We hadn't had a Superman movie since the '80s. Just because they do one and don't get it right shouldn't mean we have to wait another generation for a new one.

And I have to say that I really don't like the idea of retro Superman in the movies. But saying that - anyone read the novel "It's Superman!"? There's a modern retro approach to the character that worked pretty well.

As of now it seems both Routh and Singer are still atached to the next Superman movie. However due to the strike it wont happen until at least 2010. JLA well we will know this week since the stuido aparently has until January 15th to decide to green light production for a summer 09 release or shelve it for a post strike re-write or a new script or whatever. I seriously doubt WB will end up going through with it, there is already rumors that the Executives are not happy with the large budget. They seem to wonder if this is the right time for a JLA movie (And its not in my opinion). I dont see any DC movies ever getting off the ground beyond Batman and Superman.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There wasn't a single thing I DIDN'T like about Superman Returns. I thought it was fantastic. The story, the acting, the pacing, the music, the links to the Donner film, the romance, the action... absolutely everything.

Loved it :rock

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There wasn't a single thing I DIDN'T like about Superman Returns. I thought it was fantastic. The story, the acting, the pacing, the music, the links to the Donner film, the romance, the action... absolutely everything.

Loved it :rock

:rock :rock :rock :rock

I had problems with it but i never understood the hate.

anyways

dunno if it's been posted

News

Nothing Happening for Superman Sequel?
Source: Variety
January 12, 2008

Variety's Anne Thompson has written a bit more on the Superman Returns sequel:

No screenwriters are on board. "Returns" writers Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris opted out of penning "Superman: Man of Steel," and the strike arrived just as other scribes were to pitch ideas. Internally, Warners has moved the release date from 2009 to 2010.

After "Superman Returns" delivered a disappointing box office take of $386 million worldwide, Warner Bros. and Singer debated how to proceed with the next "Superman" pic. The studio even considered rebooting the franchise with someone else.

But eventually WB execs Alan Horn and Jeff Robinov agreed to proceed with Singer at the helm of a $170 million "Man of Steel" packed with more action, a super-powered villain and less romantic melodrama. Before Singer started production on UA's "Valkyrie," WB and co-financier Legendary Pictures closed a deal for him to produce and direct "Superman: Man of Steel."

According to a spokesman for the director's reps at William Morris," 'Superman' is moving forward with Bryan Singer attached." But inside the studio, "Superman" is not on any fast track, and word is that Singer may wind up not directing it.

This is just confirming what was thought before the Writer's Strike, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris jumped ship right before it so a lot of people made that natural step in assuming that nothing had been done yet. Unless WB or Legendary Pictures (Not sure who actually has to broker the deal with the WGA) makes a deal this one will sit in limbo for a good while...

I hope Singer does get to do this because then we'll have had one romantic story (albeit with more action than people seem to remember) and one all out action film. A nice balance if you ask me

Back