Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah It’s almost like WB butchered the original cut and released the edited half assed reshot version in theaters instead…oh wait. :lol

Now you are making excuses, If it was as successful and beloved as you hold it up to be, then by using your metric of success, ZSJL would of made much more money then it did, but it didn't. Facts are facts.

So exactly what metric are you using to support your claim of ZSJL being a success?

It’s almost as if Zack Snyder made two **** movies and couldn’t convince the studio to foot the bill for another $500 million vanity project.:dunno

Haters gonna hate.

Shazam 2 looks good though. You’ve got that going for you. :lol

Now you are making excuses, If it was as successful and beloved as you hold it up to be, then by using your metric of success, ZSJL would of made much more money then it did, but it didn't. Facts are facts.

So exactly what metric are you using to support your claim of ZSJL being a success?

I’m not sure if you’re being serious or not. You do realize that Zack’s JL never got a theatrical release? :huh

Google is your friend lol.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious or not. You do realize that Zack’s JL never got a theatrical release? :huh

Google is your friend lol.
And reading comprehension is your friend lol.

If you look back at my original post I posted the link of the gross revune of ZSJL the search I used was ZSJL box office. But I'm pretty sure you didn't bother to check it.

However, using your new excuse, and applying it to your chosen metric, then ZSJL would be a complete failure because it never made any money at the box office since they never had the confidence to release it to the box office.

The point I'm making since you are having a problem comprehending. Money made at the box office, isn't the sole consideration on if something is a success or not. ZSJL was well received by most fans, and brought subscribers to HBO MAX shortly after it launched. There are other metrics to decide success beyond the box office.

And reading comprehension is your friend lol.

If you look back at my original post I posted the link of the gross revune of ZSJL the search I used was ZSJL box office. But I'm pretty sure you didn't bother to check it.

However, using your new excuse, and applying it to your chosen metric, then ZSJL would be a complete failure because it never made any money at the box office since they never had the confidence to release it to the box office.

The point I'm making since you are having a problem comprehending. Money made at the box office, isn't the sole consideration on if something is a success or not. ZSJL was well received by most fans, and brought subscribers to HBO MAX shortly after it launched. There are other metrics to decide success beyond the box office.

Are you just trolling at this point? I think you’re actually having a problem with reading comprehension yourself. If you actually read my post, you’d see that I stated that box office revenue is the FIRST and FOREMOST important thing to measure for a deemed “successful” movie. Of course there are other things to consider, audience and critic reviews, etc, but these studios make these movies to make money, period.

You’re comparing apples to oranges. You’re deeming a streaming movie unsuccessful because it didn’t make money at the box office? That’s some half-assed logic. :huh Again, it never got a theatrical release. Zack’s JL was released on Hbo Max only, not in theaters. I’m not sure how to be more transparent than that.

I appreciate your thoughtful insights and your bing search result “proof” though. :lol

Last edited:
Haters gonna hate.

Shazam 2 looks good though. You’ve got that going for you. :lol
I just call a spade a spade. You’re the one who said the only thing that matters “first and foremost” to a studio is box office and when you take the two most iconic characters in pop culture and put them in the same movie (with Wonder Woman no less) for the first time ever and make less than Captain Marvel (didn’t even come close to the billion dollar mark), can you really fault the studio for baulking at a $500 million, 4 hour Justice League movie?

I just call a spade a spade. You’re the one who said the only thing that matters to a studio is box office and when you take the two most iconic characters in pop culture and put them in the same movie (with Wonder Woman no less) and it made less than Captain Marvel (didn’t even come close to the billion dollar mark), can you really fault the studio for baulking at a $500 million, 4 hour Justice League movie?
Captain Marvel, the 21st? MCU movie, sandwiched between Avengers 3 (with a cliffhanger) and Avengers 4 isn't comparable to the 2nd movie with a new rebooted main character and Wonder Woman who in 2016 wasn't anything movie-wise.

The cost for Justice League finished by Snyder would have been about $300m. Nowhere near $500m.

In the movie industry success is determined by Box office numbers first and foremost.

What sort of backing are you referring to? Go look on James gunns social media and tell me what sort of support he’s receiving. Dude is getting absolutely blasted by thousands and thousands of fans. :lol
Internal backing. E.g. he got the job in the first place. You really think they’d have hired a guy who made movies that flopped critically and commercially? If that was the case, Zack would’ve gotten the job.

I just call a spade a spade. You’re the one who said the only thing that matters “first and foremost” to a studio is box office and when you take the two most iconic characters in pop culture and put them in the same movie (with Wonder Woman no less) for the first time ever and make less than Captain Marvel (didn’t even come close to the billion dollar mark), can you really fault the studio for baulking at a $500 million, 4 hour Justice League movie?

But do you genuinely believe that Snyder’s JL
wouldn’t have been more profitable than Whedons abomination? That’s more on Warner bros incompetence as a studio than anything else. They have no clue how to handle these characters and it’s obvious.

It blows my mind how someone can devote so much time and energy into something they hate. I couldn’t imagine going on the internet to talk about things I disliked for hours on end. :lol

Captain Marvel, the 21st? MCU movie, sandwiched between Avengers 3 (with a cliffhanger) and Avengers 4 isn't comparable to the 2nd movie with a new rebooted main character and Wonder Woman who in 2016 wasn't anything movie-wise.

The cost for Justice League finished by Snyder would have been about $300m. Nowhere near $500m.
Same difference. BvS was nearly $300 million and its domestic take was only $330 million. And yeah, you’re right. Even with the Avengers connection, Batman+Superman+Wonder Woman on screen together for the first time in their nearly 80 year history should’ve made Avengers level money, but, despite a strong opening weekend, it plummeted in the weeks that followed. Why would that be?

But do you genuinely believe that Snyder’s JL
wouldn’t have been more profitable than Whedons abomination? That’s more on Warner bros incompetence as a studio than anything else. They have no clue how to handle these characters and it’s obvious.

It blows my mind how someone can devote so much time and energy into something they hate. I couldn’t imagine going on the internet to talk about things I disliked for hours on end. :lol
Again, my thing has always been would’ve/could’ve/should’ve: didn’t. I actually agree with you. Whedon’s JL sucked butt and the Snyder Cut, self-indulgence aside, was probably his most competently made effort of the three. But, again, we’re not talking about you and I, we’re talking about Studio Execs and they’ve been screwing with stuff since time immemorial. I mean, hell, remember all those Joel Schumacher interviews after Batman & Robin? Dude publicly apologized for his role in making that movie, but he also said he had to get every creative decision vetted by a rep from Kenner to ensure the movie was “toyetic” enough.

That’s my issue with Snyder. Movie making on this scale is a team effort, and favoring one’s self a consummate auteur when dealing with other people’s money and IP is only going to set yourself and your fan base up for heartbreak. I gave Snyder a shot. For a time, I was even a staunch defender of his work (if you had the time to dig through the old BvS thread, you might be surprised by what you’d unearth about me :lol), but he had his shot, it didn’t pan out, and now I’m giving Gunn the same benefit of the doubt I gave Zack when he first got the job.

I don’t see why other people can’t do that.

Are you just trolling at this point? I think you’re actually having a problem with reading comprehension yourself. If you actually read my post, you’d see that I stated that box office revenue is the FIRST and FOREMOST important thing to measure for a deemed “successful” movie. Of course there are other things to consider, audience and critic reviews, etc, but these studios make these movies to make money, period.

You’re comparing apples to oranges. You’re deeming a streaming movie unsuccessful because it didn’t make money at the box office? That’s some half-assed logic. :huh Again, it never got a theatrical release. Zack’s JL was released on Hbo Max only, not in theaters. I’m not sure how to be more transparent than that.

I appreciate your thoughtful insights and your bing search result “proof” though. :lol

I'm not trolling, I'm just enjoying watching your backpedaling at your argument crumbling. You want to dismiss TSS as a failure based off Box office, while tout ZSJL as a success, yet by your own admission ZSJL made no money.

As for apples and oranges, you compared a horror movie franchise relased in the middle of the summer season (the busiest), to a super hero movie released at the end of the summer (the slowest). Two different genres, two different times of release, but yet you act as if they are equivalent.

I'm merely using your own flawed logic and uneven comparisons as a base.

Full disclosure I actually liked ZSJL, I also liked TSS, and I think both were given unfair treatment by fans and the studio.

I'm not trolling, I'm just enjoying watching your backpedaling at your argument crumbling. You want to dismiss TSS as a failure based off Box office, while tout ZSJL as a success, yet by your own admission ZSJL made no money.

As for apples and oranges, you compared a horror movie franchise relased in the middle of the summer season (the busiest), to a super hero movie released at the end of the summer (the slowest). Two different genres, two different times of release, but yet you act as if they are equivalent.

Full disclosure I actually liked ZSJL, I also liked TSS, and I think both were given unfair treatment by fans and the studio.

Alright, what’s your deal? I’m seriously convinced you’re just trolling. Show me where I touted ZSJL as a Box office success. I’ll wait.

Idk how many times I have to tell you. Zack’s JL was not released theatrically. It went straight to Hbo max. AGAIN, It wasn’t in theaters. I’m not sure what’s so hard for you to comprehend.

I compared a horror movie franchise to a superhero franchise? Wtf are you talking about? When did I say anything about a horror movie!? Are you talking about when I referenced Godzilla Vs Kong? :huh Lmfao.

I’m done with you. :lol

Last edited:
Same difference. BvS was nearly $300 million and its domestic take was only $330 million. And yeah, you’re right. Even with the Avengers connection, Batman+Superman+Wonder Woman on screen together for the first time in their nearly 80 year history should’ve made Avengers level money, but, despite a strong opening weekend, it plummeted in the weeks that followed. Why would that be?
Same difference? 300m and 500m?

I think it would have done the coveted 1 billion if they released the right cut and didn't take it out of theatres so early.

It was me that compared conjuring and Suicide Squad. Suicide Squad should have destroyed it.

Even with the Avengers connection, Batman+Superman+Wonder Woman on screen together for the first time in their nearly 80 year history should’ve made Avengers level money, but, despite a strong opening weekend, it plummeted in the weeks that followed. Why would that be?
Say it again for those in the back.

People WANTED this film for DECADES. We wanted Superman and Batman in a movie together. There were requests for it back when Reeve’s was still walking around. “I Am Legend” put the non-existent crossover into its movie a decade before Snyder actually did it.
mqdefault.jpg

This should have been a slam-dunk. You have to make some crazy bad decisions for one of the most requested, demanded, and anticipated teamups in film history to not bust down the billion dollar doors.

Say it again for those in the back.

People WANTED this film for DECADES. We wanted Superman and Batman in a movie together. There were requests for it back when Reeve’s was still walking around. “I Am Legend” put the non-existent crossover into its movie a decade before Snyder actually did it.
mqdefault.jpg

This should have been a slam-dunk. You have to make some crazy bad decisions for one of the most requested, demanded, and anticipated teamups in film history to not bust down the billion dollar doors.

Loads of fans wanting something for a long time doesn't a 1 billion film make.

Plus WB did massive damage to this movie by announcing a director's cut 3 weeks before it even came out.

It was me that compared conjuring and Suicide Squad. Suicide Squad should have destroyed it.
I stand corrected on who said it. Maybe he did the Kong vs Godzilla one.

However my point still stands two different genres with different fanbases, released at two different times, its the wrong thing to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back