Funko ReAction Horror Figures on Entertainment Earth w/Pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't get the retro figure craze when the figures don't even look like they would have retro back then. They just look "bad" without the kitche.
At least the Zica Six Million Dollar Man, like or hate retro, look bang on target for the age they are supposed to represent . :monkey3

I also don't get modern mego-eque lines having aweful, giant heads when Megos were never out of scale or looked that bad (Bif Bang Pow I'm looking at you!)

Yeah, I don't get it either - especially on things like Firefly and Buffy where they weren't even around when this was the style of action figure. There is no nostalgia factor to play on there - just bad sculpting. I feel like I could sculpt something better than some of these modern 'retro' figures. Its just seems like an excuse for them to be lazy IMO. Good for those that like the look and style, but they just aren't for me.

I can't believe how many wacky figures are being produced, apparently at one time, with very little to suggest anything except the Alien figures--which had a very different kind of draw--will sell at all. Ballsy move by Funko.

I like them. I already had them pre ordered at BBTS without seeing the pictures.

Sam is just so god damned cute.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't get it either - especially on things like Firefly and Buffy where they weren't even around when this was the style of action figure. There is no nostalgia factor to play on there - just bad sculpting. I feel like I could sculpt something better than some of these modern 'retro' figures. Its just seems like an excuse for them to be lazy IMO. Good for those that like the look and style, but they just aren't for me.

My understanding is the Super7 ReAction line (aside from ALIEN) is "What if" the Star Wars 3.75" action figure style never evolved. It's a cool idea, to adapt modern properties to the old style, but the final product is obviously not matching the same design aesthetics of the original 70's and 80's figures.

Admittedly I like the Universal Monsters lineup and I love Sam and Jason. I was interested in Myers but the card art just kills it for me. The rest I can do without.

Remember, these are only $10 too. The price isn't terrible, they make a neat display on your wall or something. To actually remove from the box? Pass.

a couple of these are fantastic looking like sam, but others like the buffy series are terrible, and then theres the odds in the middle like the jason, freddy and michael that are ugly but they have a cool appeal for being part of the only line where they will be the exact size

My understanding is the Super7 ReAction line (aside from ALIEN) is "What if" the Star Wars 3.75" action figure style never evolved. It's a cool idea, to adapt modern properties to the old style, but the final product is obviously not matching the same design aesthetics of the original 70's and 80's figures.

That is obvious.

But they look worse than anything made in the 70's and like said above, they look bad.

Worse if when these thing fail, it might keep those licenses from having serious collectibles made later on.

Can't believe I waited this long for Firefly figures and this is the crap I get....WTF

Firefly is coming out in the 6" Legacy line and if you check out what they have done with the Game Of Thrones figures it may ease your worries.

Damn, what a let down. The whole point of buying these figures for me is to display them in the packages, but the two figures I wanted to get have images of the worst movies in the franchises. Why would they make a retro figure for Jason and use a pretty recent image on the card. Wth =/

Like, seriously...wtf is this? What a let down man.
pb76.jpg

m39x.jpg

Like Evilface said...figures that in 70s and 80s didnt even look as bad as these things. :dunno

Last edited:
The Universal figures remind me of the Remco toys I had when I was a kid. May get those. And the Gimp...you gotta love the Gimp.

For some reason when I see Jason Merchandise I Always see the Freddy Vs Jason one on the box or the tag.

It is not just here, If you are buying a keychain, a bracelet, a booblehead, a ring....Anything jason related that is not specific toys or 1/6 figures it always ends up getting that FVJ picture.
Even costume pieces like machetes, gloves, anything genetic like that will always have the FVJ pic on the tags.

Is there a reason for this? that's what I always wonder. Is it cheaper or easier to get that specific Jason?
they must all be using the FVJ Jason for a reason. I've always wondered what's the deal with that.

Back