• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Custom TDK Joker's Goon Headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar thread Bump!

Working on Chuckles now and will hopefully be able to have him casted up as well!

Personally, Chuckles and Grumpy are my two favorite masks.

Question: will these all be solid head+mask or is there a way to make it a working mask?

Question 2: I'd love to get real "hair" on Grumpy -- the green to purple hair he has on the mask, like troll hair. Any chance you could do that? Or if I got a sculpt, could I get one with the sculpted hair removed so I could put the "troll hair" on? Real hair would really sell it, don't you think?

Also, you may want to start a thread in the customs section -- it seems to get a lot of traffic for this sort of thing.

Personally, Chuckles and Grumpy are my two favorite masks.

Question: will these all be solid head+mask or is there a way to make it a working mask?

Question 2: I'd love to get real "hair" on Grumpy -- the green to purple hair he has on the mask, like troll hair. Any chance you could do that? Or if I got a sculpt, could I get one with the sculpted hair removed so I could put the "troll hair" on? Real hair would really sell it, don't you think?

Also, you may want to start a thread in the customs section -- it seems to get a lot of traffic for this sort of thing.

Those are more Josh questions right now as he has the head and mold. But it was sculpted as a solid piece so I don't know how it would be made removable. I figured since we never see them maskless it wouldn't make much sense to spend so much additional effort to make the masks removable. Although I did with the Joker's. Josh is doing most of the manpower on that though. I honestly can't give him enough credit for doing this. :rock

But if I can ever figure out how to cast, Wor-Gar, I'd be more than happy to try and work with you on your requests. You could definately ask Josh though. He might be able to come up with something for ya.

No problem. Just curious. I'm fine with a solid head. As you say, those masks ARE their faces.

I'm sure I could cut the sculpted tuft off myself and glue on some troll hair. As long as you wouldn't be offended. :) But Grumpy is the one who would benefit the most from that little change.

I'm still trying to think what's the best display option for me:

5 full figures standing behind BR Joker...

OR Grumpy and Chuckles only, the two he was seen directly with...

OR just 5 "dead" masks at BR Joker's feet.

Passing this along too:

Hey Buttmunch Id definitly be down for the whole Crew if you do decide to do them. can you drop me a PM with all the details. oh where did you pic up the Novilization (spelling) of the Dark Knight.:banana:banana

No problem. Just curious. I'm fine with a solid head. As you say, those masks ARE their faces.

I'm sure I could cut the sculpted tuft off myself and glue on some troll hair. As long as you wouldn't be offended. :) But Grumpy is the one who would benefit the most from that little change.

I'm still trying to think what's the best display option for me:

5 full figures standing behind BR Joker...

OR Grumpy and Chuckles only, the two he was seen directly with...

OR just 5 "dead" masks at BR Joker's feet.

Passing this along too:

Wouldn't be offended in the slightest. I too thought of real hair but figured it would be hard to pull off and if anyone wanted a casting all of those would have had to be done by hand so I figured sculpted would be best for that. But I'd love to see people work with the real hair!

If I can figure out a way to make these headsculpts into masks (even though a figure could never wear them) I'll try. I honestly am just getting into this and have no idea what that will require. But I recently got a Dremel so that is a start :D

Replied to sixtus BTW.

Cool. Keep us posted on Chuckles.

Also, maybe make a new "Goon Masks" thread in the custom section when you have Chuckles. I think people need to see these first to get excited, and that section gets more interest in this type of stuff than here in the sale section.

Bump for progress check.

Just really quick pics. Progress is happening but slowly. Chuckles has prove to be a lot more difficult than Bozo or Grumpy. He has a "fat" head mask that doesn't really have a lot of details. So trying to figure out what is sculpt and what is paint has been a little tough with little reference photos (and little time to work so far). But he is comming! Once I start getting some interest in heads (I also have a couple of other ideas in the works right now) I'll buy some casting materials and try and give it a go myself.

Any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. Remember I want a good Chuckles sculpt as much, if not more than the rest of you. Also please take into account the limited references I have - the Prolouge screen caps and Mattel's "evidence" mask (which is isn't the most accurate, but it helps).

dsc00554os1.jpg

dsc00556ew9.jpg

Love it! Chuckles is coming! Great start.

OK, here's my suggestions (based on ref included below):

Foregead higher and rounder.

Cheeks and laugh-lines more defined.

Mouth/frown pulled back more. More grim.

Nose - maybe a tad longer and flatter on the bridge.

Oh, and don't forget the ears. Sucks, I know, tough to sculpt.

chucklesref.jpg

chucklesref2.jpg

Note again how strongly carved the laughlines are.

chucklesref1.jpg

Great pics and suggestions Wor-Gar :rock

I haven't even gotten to the laugh lines yet, so they are definately missing. I think they are really connected to the "fat" of the head too. Figured the mouth and other major features need to be defined before I got to those. This is still a rough work-in-progress.

I'll do my best on the forehead, but the eyes on that Buck figure at that spot so I can't really move the eyes, but I'll see what I can do.

What do you think of the shape of the nose?

And I don't know why, but I keep seeing John McCain in the sculpt. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing :lol

I know this is a roughed-in version, just headin' you off at the pass.

The nose? Maybe 'pointier' -- not the tip but the slope of the bridge. In the ref (profile) I see a little indentation at the browline, then the nose tapers quickly into a sharper shape. Maybe narrow the bridge on yours so it becomes sharper (if looking profile). See first ref pic.

No need to change the eyes, maybe just build up the head a tad so it's a little taller and a little fuller... if that makes any sense. I'd do that last -- the work on the nose and "cheeks" might solve the head shape/dimensions.

Chuckles seems to have a very dome-like head above the eyes. Below the eyeline, the face gets more square as a result of the grim mouth. It's like the frown cuts into the face and makes the laughlines and chin prominent; like a valley between mountains.

Yeah, I too feel that mouth feels carved out in his face. I figured it woud be easier to start with that and just build up around it so I don't actually have to carve.

Thanks again for the second opinon. I think sculpters are the only ones that really truely appreciate them. After looking at this for hours and hours you just start to see what you want to see and not what is really there. So a second opinon really helps point out the flaws. :rock

No problem, it's fun. Hope it's not too much opinion. :)

Here's a quick comp I did, sorry it's very fast and sloppy, but it's good to see your sculpt side-by-side with Chuckles. Might help you.

buttmunchmaskvschuckles.jpg

Notice the nose shape, and the way Chuckles' upper lip pulls back.. chin seems shorter on the real mask too. Actually the whole Chuckles face seems mashed a bit from nose to chin...probably that frown pulling everything.

Anyway, it's visual aid, I hope.

No problem, it's fun. Hope it's not too much opinion. :)

Here's a quick comp I did, sorry it's very fast and sloppy, but it's good to see your sculpt side-by-side with Chuckles. Might help you.

buttmunchmaskvschuckles.jpg

Notice the nose shape, and the way Chuckles' upper lip pulls back.. chin seems shorter on the real mask too. Actually the whole Chuckles face seems mashed a bit from nose to chin...probably that frown pulling everything.

Anyway, it's visual aid, I hope.

That is actually very helpful! Thanks Wor-Gar! :rock

Back