FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many threads are there for these lil guys? :lol Not sure where to be posting this but just wanted to know how Frodo and Sam wear their belts. Is it over the waistcoat or as you would wear a normal belt?

Congrats guys! And I'm so pleased that my Rings are adding some flare to your Frodos. :duff

Yep, really diggin my Frodo and cant wait to get my Entropy Chicken 1/6th custom ring (tm)! Need to spend a bit of time 'playing' with Sam now :naughty Hardly touched him since he arrived.

I'm surprised these guys are still available at Sideshow. I would've thought they'd be among the most popular figures for this line.

Does anyone else think that HT had more input on the face and paint than most people are letting on?

Hi

i'm new to this forum though i hve been collecting sideshow figs for a couple of years. anywy got y hobbits yesterday and they are great but they both have really loose wists and sam has a crck in his torso. nothing major and i don't think it will get worse but it's there. do the loose joints et worse? i'm afraid they may come apart eventually.

The popularity of the LOTR line has dropped considerably. Hopefully, they will pick up again when the 2 Hobbit movies come along. However, there will always be a group of hardcore fans, myself included!

Welcome Kizzy.

The joints can get looser over time. If it gets really bad you can look in the customs section of this board for some advice on attempting a fix yourself.

Hopefully this line can squeak out at least Gimli, Merry & Pippin. I don't know how soon Sideshow would want to release the last 2 hobbits as the first 2 haven't sold out yet. Maybe a Gimli then Saruman and then M&P?

I think if they had the last 3 members of the Fellowship available then we would see the rest of the figures selling more briskly. I think at this point though a lot of possible collectors are getting cold feet.

I think I'm gonna have a go at shortening the stands tonight - what an oversight on Sideshow's part! :duh

2 ideas I have: take a metal saw and cut down the metal prong piece... it will lose all spring tension but will still do the job of holding the figure upright... I hope. My other idea is swapping the metal prong for the one with my HT Pred which I felt was too short. We'll see.

If you take off the Hobbits top two layers of clothing (ie the cloaks and jacket) you can out the C ring right under their armpits and their feet touch the ground just fine and the stand doesn't look at conspicuous.

I would give that a try first before you try anything drastic like cutting the stand apart or whatever.

Im using a blank HT stand and that works just fine so I would try just switching out the stand rings and see if that works better.

I think I'm gonna have a go at shortening the stands tonight - what an oversight on Sideshow's part! :duh

2 ideas I have: take a metal saw and cut down the metal prong piece... it will lose all spring tension but will still do the job of holding the figure upright... I hope. My other idea is swapping the metal prong for the one with my HT Pred which I felt was too short. We'll see.

I did the Hot Toys swap and it worked perfectly. Lucky I have enough HT figures to do all the Hobbits when they arrive.

Back