FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you... this could be a fantastic line. But the pace of it is just killer, and to add to you list I still want them to make an articulated Sauron.

I think the only explanation besides the long space of time between PPO and shipping is that the LOTR fan base has coroded considerably since the movies were released.

That's what happens when you get the bandwagon fans off the bus. You find out who really is in it for the long haul. I've said this many times and had my butt raked across the coals for saying it but now its becoming quite apparent this is the case.

I agree with Fly this is the best 12" line SS has. The costumes, sculpts, etc have been there. Its just the pace is killing any momentum it gets after an announcement.

I think the momentum would be fine if not for SSC's entire product offering and Hot Toys and Medicom rolling at pretty healthy paces.

We've all been in the position of having to cancel items and we take hard looks at our collection and what we're looking to get ahead and I'm sure for many, if they look at what needs to go to make room for new stuff, LOTR comes to mind right away. They may not want to drop it, but they have to drop something and at the current rate, it could be 2010 before the Fellowship alone is completed, let alone other characters, so continuing to put money into a line where your intent is to be a "collection" of figures ,where the likelihood of reaching your goal grows slimmer, starts to sound like a bad idea and they'll bail.

Fortunately, the pace and my fandom are fine, I like these figures, Gandalf is my last MUST HAVE figure so I've achieved my main goal with the line, so I'll keep getting whatever they offer and whatever they don't get to won't hurt my collection.

I hope they don't drop it but there are enough people who just are very fickle when it comes to LOTR. They like it but not enough to stick with it or feel their collections are complete because of past LOTR lines. Toss in the fact The Hobbit is @ least 2 years away and things can get murky very quickly.

My fandom is fine with LOTR its my #1 line and love. I will go down with this ship but I do hope they pick it up just a touch.

I do agree that if the Hobbit really gets rolling soon we could see a lot more of interest in these figures. But even so (if not being compared to SW) the 1/6 seem to sell as well as any of the other lines from Sideshow.

And really once we have Gandalf and Sam and Frodo we'll at least have the makings of a nice looking shelf. Then just 3 away from completing the fellowship... toss in a couple of baddies and we're in business :rock

Still wish we'd never seen Faramir, I'd much rather that a fellowship member or a bad guy had been released instead :monkey2

The shelf is looking quite good with what we have then you toss these three GTG, Frodo, and Sam then BAM you got something. The Fellowship though is a must.

I'm glad we got Faramir. I wanted a statue of him in the SSW line and am very happy he came about. I wish the face paint came out differently but the overall figure is still a nice one. I've actually got a second I've thought about getting customized.

You should go for it Josh, Les' work on Caps is stunning. Faramir is a 9 with a solid repaint, but only about a 6-7 without it, as cool as the costume is, the face and be distracting, particularly because much of it's issue is that shine, if it was just painted different than the character it wouldnt' stand out but with the shine it glows.

I can't wait to add the hobbits and Gandalf to this.

1.jpg

Don't get me wrong Faramir (especially with repaint) is a solid figure, but not a character I ever wanted in 1/6 form. So to me he was a pass... I'm just hoping we don't see the end of the series and his spot was one that in which we could have seen Sauruman or Gimili instead.

But, I'm hopeful that won't be the case.

i just hope we get some secondary charactors like theoden, eomer, and wormtongue. these characters are as important as all those secondary SW characters that are released.

Actually, putting Faramir where they did was one of the smartest moves Sideshow has made yet. I mean, can you imagine the terror I would create if I never got Faramir? The absolute CARNAGE that would ensue if they dared omit my insatiable needs! They'd never do it! No! NEVER! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously though, he is one of the best things they've done, and once you get him repainted, he absolutely shines on the shelf! He's my absolute favorite collectible ever. And besides, he should give all you people hope--if they made Faramir, surely they must have a few other second-tier characters in the works. Unless, of course, somebody there just happens to love me enough to make my childhood dreams come true.

:love

Actually, putting Faramir where they did was one of the smartest moves Sideshow has made yet. I mean, can you imagine the terror I would create if I never got Faramir? The absolute CARNAGE that would ensue if they dared omit my insatiable needs! They'd never do it! No! NEVER! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously though, he is one of the best things they've done, and once you get him repainted, he absolutely shines on the shelf! He's my absolute favorite collectible ever. And besides, he should give all you people hope--if they made Faramir, surely they must have a few other second-tier characters in the works. Unless, of course, somebody there just happens to love me enough to make my childhood dreams come true.

:love
im glad you got your faramir capn.:duff i believe my faramir's head is in the hands of Darkartist as we speak. one of his final repaints. cant wait to have a presentable faramir.

right now all i got is headless faramir doll and let me tell you... its an improvement.:lol

Yeah, imagine the torment I felt after waiting years to get a Faramir figure only to wait another few weeks with a headless figure in a box, sitting on my desk. The agony was more excruciating that I can possibly even hope to communicate! But the pain was worth the pay--Les made mine the single greatest Faramir in the world, a genuine prize I can treasure until the end of my days. I'm so happy!!!

(apologies to those who find my incurable cheer reprehensible :D)

yeah your repaint looks great. i remember when i first saw it. it made me hate my atrocious faramir even more. its a shame because he is such a great character and the rest of the figure was absolutely perfect. hopefully frodo and sam turn out much better.

Actually the only reason I'm sort of happy they made the figure was so that Captain could get one. Aside from that it was a wash for me :rotfl

Actually the only reason I'm sort of happy they made the figure was so that Captain could get one. Aside from that it was a wash for me :rotfl

:rotfl

I think most people here would agree that getting him out of the way was a blessing for all of our sakes. Could you imagine if I was still waiting for one now? :lol

Don't get me wrong Faramir (especially with repaint) is a solid figure, but not a character I ever wanted in 1/6 form. So to me he was a pass... I'm just hoping we don't see the end of the series and his spot was one that in which we could have seen Sauruman or Gimili instead.

But, I'm hopeful that won't be the case.

Well, he was passed over during the statue days and his spot filled in with some statues that could have been skipped. So he needed to be made and I don't doubt Gimli and Saruman will be made.

Back