Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam's portrait reminds me somewhat of Chucky, what with the facial scars. Anybody think the same?

It really is a great statue, borderline diorama but I love those so awesome for me. It may end up my favorite in the line...

I also hope we see more at SDCC.

:hi5:

Funny enough my mom asked me why I wasn't using it yesterday for this piece. I told her I try not to for things that are going to be posted on TORn. I need to make sure I use it for my other shots though. I think its feeling left out. :lol

Fantastic shots Josh!:clap Thanks for posting. The natural light really gives this statue or any statue a very good quality on them. Some statues are really great to begin with no matter what, and outdoor shots enhance their awesomeness! :)

What's wrong with using the doily? It's protection for the base, right? :wink1:

8935862700_7d267c3a9c_z.jpg

What's SS's current turnaround time in answering customer's queries? I have e-mailed them early last week telling them about the problem with my statue with Frodo's foot not sitting flush into the hole and I thought I'd receive a reply within 48 hours, but no reply as of yet. :dunno

I did everything I can to solve this problem myself. I cleaned the metal peg and the hole from paint residues, I filed down the sides of the hole and the area surrounding the peg, but to no avail. I know now that the length of the peg isn't the problem as I measured the depth of the hole and the length of peg, and the hole is deeper by about 10mm, so no problems with that. I usually won't fuss a lot about it, but for some reason whenever I look at my statue, I end up always looking at the gap.

Well he has been rationing the food...you know, for the journey back...poor guy must be starving at this point in the movie/story. :lol

What's SS's current turnaround time in answering customer's queries? I have e-mailed them early last week telling them about the problem with my statue with Frodo's foot not sitting flush into the hole and I thought I'd receive a reply within 48 hours, but no reply as of yet. :dunno

I did everything I can to solve this problem myself. I cleaned the metal peg and the hole from paint residues, I filed down the sides of the hole and the area surrounding the peg, but to no avail. I know now that the length of the peg isn't the problem as I measured the depth of the hole and the length of peg, and the hole is deeper by about 10mm, so no problems with that. I usually won't fuss a lot about it, but for some reason whenever I look at my statue, I end up always looking at the gap.

I have exactly the same problem with the left foot and you do find yourself staring at the gap and wishing you could do something to fix it. Emailed sideshow twice and have not received any response on this, I get the feeling that it is a problem that they can't solve. Hard to criticise sideshow for this as they are replacing the broken Frodo helm and my DROM sword hand. At least I can share my little frustration with a fellow collector! :1-1:

According to the newsletter there's only 25 remaining. To buy or not to buy...

I have about $230 in RP to spend. I was planning on saving it to get a future PF for free... however $45 for this statue is quite tempting...

That's a steal on this IMO.

I have an unusual attachment to my reward points. I like the high number :lol I may go with my 14 day rule for this one. If it's still around in a couple weeks, I'll just pay full price for it.

I just save them till I can really cut down an item to a better number. So if I could get this for $45 its an easy decision. However, if you collect more than just Middle-earth stuff that can complicate things.

Back