Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got ya. It did confuse me for a second as well. I'm so used to that being my key to which side is which. :lol I didn't even notice the pads not being on it to be honest.

:lol I think I need to pay less attention to detail. :lol I just noticed too that the tape around the Styrofoam is different. They usually tape it all around to hold the 2 sides together. This time I only had tape on the top and bottom, maybe because this statue is lighter. I also didn't see the yellow & black Sideshow sticker. I need to stop :rotfl

:lol I think I need to pay less attention to detail. :lol I just noticed too that the tape around the Styrofoam is different. They usually tape it all around to hold the 2 sides together. This time I only had tape on the top and bottom, maybe because this statue is lighter. I also didn't see the yellow & black Sideshow sticker. I need to stop :rotfl

as long as everything arrived good for you it should be fine, honestly who cares about some sticker or logo. But i would check carefully on the bodies. If it werent for the broken off pieces in the styrofoam i would not noticed the statue was broke, once i saw the broken pieces then i carefully examined frodo and realized his sleeves and part of back armor were all broken off, but hard to tell if not known.

my 2nd order should be here next week fingers crossed it will be good.

Yeah, I noticed the tape as well. It did make opening it easier. :lol I'm just glad the statue came out great and that it looks so good on the shelf.

as long as everything arrived good for you it should be fine, honestly who cares about some sticker or logo. But i would check carefully on the bodies. If it werent for the broken off pieces in the styrofoam i would not noticed the statue was broke, once i saw the broken pieces then i carefully examined frodo and realized his sleeves and part of back armor were all broken off, but hard to tell if not known.

my 2nd order should be here next week fingers crossed it will be good.

It would be really hard to tell if something was broken off. So much detail on it. I checked mine out and it looks fine. Hope your replacement is perfect.

Yeah, I noticed the tape as well. It did make opening it easier. :lol I'm just glad the statue came out great and that it looks so good on the shelf.

It was easier to open! :lol It is a great statue, I totally agree :)

My statue arrived. Unfortunately frodo's helmet portait was broken. Can someone tell me where their frodo helmet portrait was in the box? Mine was under frodo's body. While the other three heads were under the base....the piece that broke off was imbedded into the styrofoam...otherwise great statue.

My Frodo EX head was also under his body not wrapped up but in 1 piece and pretty snug. the others heads were in the middle and Sam's EX head was in it's own little styrofoam box.
Honestly the packaging was perfectly adequate here, as opposed to WKiTF.
I do agree that of 'top' signage on the box was really annoying.

My statue has arrived! :yess: #139/500 in da house! :clap I opened and did a quick look just to check for any damages, thankfully I found none! Will set it up after I get off work today. It came in a small box unlike the boxes of the Witch King & Ringwraith. Of course, this came as no surprise as they're hobbits, but I guess in my mind I got used to receiving big boxes! :lol It's a beautiful statue and the likenesses of Frodo and Sam to Elijah and Sean are quite close (not spot on, but close). Overall, I'm very happy with this statue. :)

Now Sideshow, please give us Merry and Pippin! We haven't had in a while any announcement of upcoming statues from this line. I don't have anymore any pre-order LOTR statue from SS.

This statue looks good! I like it a lot! :yess:

8934261381_73c7e32624_b.jpg

8934256371_6fc2291664_b.jpg

I'm displaying them without the helmets on as I like looking at Frodo's and Sam's faces. :clap

8935867842_affa204b51_b.jpg

8935244371_336ea3e667_b.jpg

I have a slight problem though. Frodo's foot won't sit flush into the hole in the base. I've tried filing down the metal peg coz it had some paint residue and the surrounding areas thinking that's what causing it not to sit flush but still it won't go further into the hole. I've tried applying extra pressure pushing it in but it won't budge and I fear if I try harder it would break. Is the problem with the metal peg or the square hole itself? I don't know! Any suggestions there on what to do?
8935862700_7d267c3a9c_z.jpg

There could be junk in the hole that the peg goes into, clean the larger hole to make sure there is no residue alone those edges, and then try again. Those might help.

And if that doesn't work, do what I did with one of my statues, sawed off half of the metal peg (carefully).

Thank you Josh.

I'm eager for more of these. I wish we'd see some more of this line.

Make sure you're under good light so you can see the hole very good. My problem is I always try to put these things together in poor light and I can never see just which way things are suppose to go in.

Sams' sword had a little bit of a twist or angle to it which I wasn't expecting when I first tried putting it in.

Back