Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I could not ever imagine they would choose the masked versions as the regular. Who would buy a statue of Frodo and Sam if you couldn't even see their faces? :dunno

I'll tell you why: it would force people to buy the ex directly from SS. Us eurotrash can save up to 30% by buying from a eu-retailer (less shipping, no importtax, no fed-ex fee ect) but we can only buy the regular.

But it also means they would be left with alot of p****d off dealers and collectors alike, I really doubt they want to do this. If they offer the ex with additional masked portraits, that will surely also sell well and it'd be a win for everyone.

That PO came out faster than I expected. I'm excited for the reveal and will most likely PO it right away unless price is outrageous.

I feel like the faces is a better display because you see them but at the same time the masks seem to fit better with the statue.

...but the "teaser" shows Sam and Frodo with helmets on. Sideshow has a precedent of showing the regular versions in the teaser, and showing the EX pieces on the reveal the following Tuesday after the teaser.

However, if this is the case, I think Sideshow will be hard-pressed to sell the EX; I'm not sure anybody would prefer a statue of Samwise and Frodo with their faces covered.

Maybe Sideshow has another EX hidden up their sleeve? A print, perhaps?

I hate to quote myself, but I brought this point up last week as well. If the regular came with helmeted portraits only, I can't help but think that the regular version would languish in Sideshow's warehouse.

Hopefully we'll find out within the next hour or two when the reveal comes up.

Is that the highest price point for the maquette line yet?

And I was wrong, Sideshow broke precedent and showed the EX version in their teaser.

No mention of an NRD.

Looks freaking fantastic just like it did at sdcc. Sculpts are spot on and the price is exactly what I expected. I knew SS wouldn't make the helmet less sculpts the regular. I've got $75 in RP I think I'll use on these guys.

Hmmm, helmet-less Frodo looks ok, but Samwise looks way off.

really? i thought sam looked okie.

I can get reg for about $240 shipped vs $300 shipped for ex from ss. hmm... wish they add something else to the ex to help me make my decision.

4ijtf.jpg

dV8Rl.jpg

Yq6pp.jpg

wrV9e.jpg

ZXlgX.jpg

lT8TZ.jpg

WTLKi.jpg

aF6j1.jpg

lGhiH.jpg

This will be the second time I don't display with the EX, the other being what they changed Boromir's to. Oh well. The statue itself looks good.

Frodo looks great, but Sam looks alittle off.

Price is fair. I would have thought closer to $250 given the size, but there is as much detail on two smaller figures as there is one normal sized one, maybe even alittle more.

Price is ok but there is something wrong with sam's face.. Frodo is perfect though :yess: I will display it a little bit turned around to the left so that Frodo is looking forward and you only see Sam from his left side..

Last edited:
Back