Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are my friend either working for SS or the most optimistic person I have ever seen :lol :goodpost:

I am eventually going to buy this therefore it's better for me to start seeing the good sides of it like you do and embrace it before it arrives home..

Any idea which day pre-order is going to open?

Why is that? Because I understand the importance of them wearing what they have on and how it captured the character? I don't see how you can think this is some kind of terrible option.

I hope I can get this when it goes on order. I have the first three of the line before the costs added. It sucked losing the 10% on Gimli and Boromir too. :slap I learned my lesson about pre-ordering the hard way.

I would have liked to have seen them in traditional hobbit clothes but this isn't a bad choice at all. It's from a pivotal part of the trilogy. It also actually shows both characters quiet well in where they're at and who they are. Frodo the ringbearer worn out by the task swatting at nothing, and Sam the protector. I personally will not display the helms but its always nice to have options.

this makes sense because the entire lotr fellowship maquette series is about capturing a dynamic iconic moment in time for each of those characters - an action pose. This series is not museum pose like the pf but capture that special moment for each character (which imo is much cooler).

If they released sam+frodo in orc armor in that moving pose while the rest of the statues in the line are all stillshots like the pf then it would look odd, but that's not the case.

As such, frodo & sam in orc armor is definitely one of the most memorable and iconic moments for both characters so it made perfect sense and fits well with the rest of the statues in the series.

I think it's fun to display them with 1 helm on and 1 helm off, will have to see inhand.

But i have zero problem with their orc armor decision.

this makes sense because the entire lotr fellowship maquette series is about capturing a dynamic iconic moment in time for each of those characters - an action pose. This series is not museum pose like the pf but capture that special moment for each character (which imo is much cooler).

If they released sam+frodo in orc armor in that moving pose while the rest of the statues in the line are all stillshots like the pf then it would look odd, but that's not the case.

As such, frodo & sam in orc armor is definitely one of the most memorable and iconic moments for both characters so it made perfect sense and fits well with the rest of the statues in the series.

I think it's fun to display them with 1 helm on and 1 helm off, will have to see inhand.

Dynamic except Aragorn and Arwen, I think we have said more about what this line is supposed to be than SS. I recall the video when it all first started where these sorts of parameters were established but I don't think it was formally stated anywhere online, maybe I'm wrong.

Its not even about action poses really. This line is about moments we didn't see them in during the films (exception is Boromir) which is what we get with this. We didn't see these two do this in the movies but its fitting in that we could have. Also as I said it captures the essence of the two characters.

Why is that? Because I understand the importance of them wearing what they have on and how it captured the character? I don't see how you can think this is some kind of terrible option.

Well actually I was trying to be nice but never mind..

Just because it is important to you doesn't mean it has to be the same for me. Yes there is hardwork in these statues to be appreciated but I don't have to like or love each and every piece they make. I don't like displaying my hobbits in orc armour and yes covering their faces with the helmets is a terrible idea.

There were better moments or options we could have, if I'm paying 300$ (which I pay 2 times because of my country's currency) for a product I think I have the right to complain about pieces I don't like.

You might say "don't buy it then" but I'm a completist, I simply have to..

Just because it is important to you doesn't mean it has to be the same for me. Yes there is hardwork in these statues to be appreciated but I don't have to like or love each and every piece they make. I don't like displaying my hobbits in orc armour and yes covering their faces with the helmets is a terrible idea.

I didn't say that. I also said that I would have gone with other options first, but that this wasn't a bad choice. Back to the importance part it's important to the overall story. This is the final push by the hobbits to get to Mt. Doom by using a disguise after Sam has save Frodo. So it's important to the story. Also, it captures the characters perfectly with who they are and especially so in that moment of the film. Covering ther face is only an option if you choose to display that sculpt. You will most likely get two sculpts one with helms and one without. So you're free to not like it and all that jazz. :peace

I do like this statue very much and probably will order it depending on the price. I love the orc statues and this will be treated as one.

Dynamic except Aragorn and Arwen, I think we have said more about what this line is supposed to be than SS. I recall the video when it all first started where these sorts of parameters were established but I don't think it was formally stated anywhere online, maybe I'm wrong.

well arwen is definitely dynamic with the ex head, she has the scratch on her face and sword out, ready to fight.

aragorn you can say is more of a static pose, i think they made it as a pair so aragorn is looking over his shoulder at arwen.

I think the Orc Armor look is a better choice, given Weta is bringing out there full set of the Fellowship in statue form here:

https://www.wetanz.com/the-fellowship-of-the-ring-set-1/

Plus we already have one PF, two 1:6 scale figures, and two dios from SSC that depict the Hobbits in their Shire clothes. I'm sure SSC wanted to change things up with the look alittle.

Its not even about action poses really. This line is about moments we didn't see them in during the films (exception is Boromir) which is what we get with this. We didn't see these two do this in the movies but its fitting in that we could have. Also as I said it captures the essence of the two characters.

Do you have a reference for this Josh? I never thought of this line as depicting moments we didn't see them in in the films. I wonder if SS even knows anymore what the theme of this line is supposed to be. I believe when Gandalf was announced the mantra was "characters like you've never seen them before" which to me meant a re-imaging not filling in the pieces from the movies.

As for F&S, they look great really. The detailing and different textures on the bodies are superb. But this just isn't what I was wanting either.

Do you have a reference for this Josh? I never thought of this line as depicting moments we didn't see them in in the films. I wonder if SS even knows anymore what the theme of this line is supposed to be. I believe when Gandalf was announced the mantra was "characters like you've never seen them before" which to me meant a re-imaging not filling in the pieces from the movies.

As for F&S, they look great really. The detailing and different textures on the bodies are superb. But this just isn't what I was wanting either.

Sideshow mentioned it in one of the first videos and something that came up in covos at SDCC in the past. Its never been about re-maging but just moments that could have been.

I noticed this year at SDCC they showed the exclusive versions of statues as compared to other years where they one showed the regs.

I'm thinking the unmasked heads are going to be the EX cause that's what they showed at SDCC. That would be a bad choice IMO. I guess we'll see. Looking forward to ordering this.

They did have a few of the Ex versions there and have done so in the past. I would be surprised though if the unmasked sculpts were the exclusive.

Sorry but I could not ever imagine they would choose the masked versions as the regular. Who would buy a statue of Frodo and Sam if you couldn't even see their faces? :dunno

I'd say unmasked is regular and switchout masked AND umasked is ex.

Back