Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the overall height of this statue? It looks small (I know they're hobbits). Can anyone take a pic of this statue together with one of the previous maquettes (Strider or Ringwraith or Witch King) for size comparison? Thanks!

My other maquettes are packed away but I'm measuring it to be a little over 13.5" from bottom to the top of Frodo's head - that's with either head (regular & ex).

That's awful! Is there anything on the body that is blocking it from fitting properly? Maybe some residue or paint? If not, I would notify SS especially if you feel the head might fall off.

It's not that bad that I fear it might fall off but it's clearly not flush, I should have taken more detailed pics but I already packed it back.
As you can see it still looks amazing and is not distracting at all.

What's the overall height of this statue? It looks small (I know they're hobbits). Can anyone take a pic of this statue together with one of the previous maquettes (Strider or Ringwraith or Witch King) for size comparison? Thanks!

I'm sorry I packed it back up once I took the pics so I'm not sure but it should be on the official SSC page.

Fantastic shots! I love the quote you used. That's one I'm going to use in my review.

Thanks Josh! I always like to find a nice little quote for my statues so I'm glad it's appreciated.

No problem. I like using quotes when I write my reviews. It just adds a little something to the review I think.

frodo in pieces
sam left foot floating in midair
packaging a mess

excellent frodo head sculpt

this cluster**** is getting returned, and just ordered another new one.

so tired...sideshow....so tired...

frodo in pieces
sam left foot floating in midair
packaging a mess

excellent frodo head sculpt

this cluster**** is getting returned, and just ordered another new one.

so tired...sideshow....so tired...

DAMN AGAIN!

You are having a string of difficult "events" in your collecting! Are you in the US as I know the EU collectors have a rough time in getting things in one piece. That sucks and I hope you get a replacement to fit your standards.

On a side note, this one just does nothing for me as my display space is GONE! This is one rare time for me as I have NO deals going, NO ebay bids, and nothing on preorder.

Come on SS and Weta make me want something!! :nana:

#187 arrived today. Gotta say, this one has been last on my list in terms of expectations and unfortunately it came through there. It's just not doing all that much for me. The choice of attire is what I was never excited about, and now that I have it in hand it has only confirmed my feelings. The want to have the full fellowship is what drove me to make this purchase. Maybe once (and if, I suppose) I have Merry and Pippin to display next to them I'll feel better... I also think this one was way overpriced. I know there are two characters, but it is still significantly smaller compared to others in this price range. Sorry guys, don't mean to be a downer! I will say the head sculpts are spot-on!

#187 arrived today. Gotta say, this one has been last on my list in terms of expectations and unfortunately it came through there. It's just not doing all that much for me. The choice of attire is what I was never excited about, and now that I have it in hand it has only confirmed my feelings. The want to have the full fellowship is what drove me to make this purchase. Maybe once (and if, I suppose) I have Merry and Pippin to display next to them I'll feel better... I also think this one was way overpriced. I know there are two characters, but it is still significantly smaller compared to others in this price range. Sorry guys, don't mean to be a downer! I will say the head sculpts are spot-on!

Well, you're either going to be a fan of them using the orc outfits or you won't be. I really think they did a great job of making this come out looking pretty damn cool. As far as price what would you feel is fair? It is smaller than the Witch-king which is the only other one at the same price. Now, it is smaller by just a couple inches compared to all but a couple others. However, you stated the reason its $275 is you get two statues in one. The cheapest this was ever going to come in at was $250. Its a very detailed piece, 14" tall, and comes with two statues. Sorry, you didn't like it as much as some of us. :1-1:

My statue arrived. Unfortunately frodo's helmet portait was broken. Can someone tell me where their frodo helmet portrait was in the box? Mine was under frodo's body. While the other three heads were under the base....the piece that broke off was imbedded into the styrofoam...otherwise great statue.

This is a bargain compared to some, especially Weta, plus it's L/E and you get two characters. More pluses than negatives when it comes to this piece.

Hi Adolfo. :wave

Congrats man :clap, did you try your Orc helms (from your GG Sam and Frodo busts) with them yet?

That sounded like a very nice idea to me - I would love to see how it looks. :)

How about some pics mate. :hi5:

Will do soon

Back