Friday the 13th III 3-D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightmare 6...

Freddy's Dead - The Final Nightmare.

Only the last 10 minutes or so was in 3D - and it's pretty weak. What is cool though is the DVD comes with the glasses.

I still have the 3-D glasses from when I originally saw it in the theatre. :rock2

No, No, No, you guys misunderstood. I really did like it, I enjoyed watching it, but I laughed hard at parts of it. Shelly was hillarious. It did pick up in some more "realistic" graphic killings in the end, but the lead up to that point was pretty 80's cheese. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I even looked it up on IMDB to see if I was the only one. It got pretty low, like a 5/10, with some mixed reviews.

How do these links work???
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083972/usercomments

Mostly they say the acting is horrendous (i.e. 80's cheeze) but still a suitable fit; historic hockey mask revelation, more graphic slashings (hand walker machete to the crotch) and all.

All I know is this, part 1 and 2 scared me as a kid, and end of part 2 scared me a little even now. But part 3 was funny. Still a classic, and very enjoyable for what it is, but funny. I can see he's getting pretty F'd up each new flick. I don't think I watched parts 3-Manhattan except for maybe tbs or spike, only catching parts. Watching part 4 any minute now.

Edit: Nope, saw #4 too, just started rewatching. Wonder how many of these I've seen when I was 9-10 and just don't remember. Thankfully 4 left the cheese in the fridge. Plus it's got the pre goonies/rehab Corey Feldman. WOW, the guy that plays Willard (I think, maybe not) is even in #4, pre Back to Future McFly. He's actually cool in this movie.

Not to sound like a dick or anything. But you have no idea of the BRILLIANCE of what Friday The 13th Part 3, is all about. Its by far the best film of the series............I can go on and on. I can watch this film everyday and NEVER get sick of it. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm standing my ground.

Part 1 - Very Good, couldn't lay a better story line for sequels
Part 2 - Excellent, Scary
Part 3 - 80's cheese, hillarious
Part 4 - Best I've seen recently, had a budget and best acting/killing so far. Better TnA too. Continues to put down more background compared to weak attempt in part 3 80's flashback montage, which was very funny.

Part 5+ TBD

Yeah, I'm standing my ground.

Part 1 - Very Good, couldn't lay a better story line for sequels
Part 2 - Excellent, Scary
Part 3 - 80's cheese, hillarious
Part 4 - Best I've seen recently, had a budget and best acting/killing so far. Better TnA too. Continues to put down more background compared to weak attempt in part 3 80's flashback montage, which was very funny.

Part 5+ TBD

You've just seen the 4 best of the serie.

Part 5 has the Best TnA of the serie....:monkey3

And Roy,altough not Jason, is one sick sob...lots of kill in it.

I think I'm noticing a trend. Dead body thrown though livingroom bay/cabin window at least 1X in mvy. :lol

Watching part 5 now. At first I didn't like this premise of spirit of Jason possesing another body, or whatever I was led to believe 1/3 through the movie, but I say Rock On DUDLEY!!! (What you talkin 'bout Willis?) Chainsaw fight with Jason has to win some votes. Uh oh, the finale up now...

errr, not the best ending. Sort of like the Hallowen movie that didn't feature MM, I think #3.

Oh?! NOW Tommy is Jason.

Parts 1-5 (1 out of 5:
Part 1 - 4
Part 2 - 4.5
Part 3 - 3
Part 4 - 5
Part 5 - 4

Part 5 has loads of campy stuff in it, but it is fun.

I Rate them:

Part 2
Part 4
Part 1
Part 3
Part 6
Part 7
Part 5
Part 8

The rest of them blow.

I love part III but what was with that cheesy music during the opening credit sequence?

For me part IV seems to be one of my most watched and fav's. Overall the Friday series can't touch Halloween and Halloween II, IMO of course. If it weren't for Halloween we wouldn't have the Fridays and Elm Streets.

My fav's:

Part 2
Part 1
Part 4
Part 3
Part 6
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8

Thats it for me, part 9&10 were absolutely pathetic! I swear JGTH was probably the WORST film ever made let alone horror flick!

Back