Free Hug signs, SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the sign that said, "Twilight and Hollywood ruined the Comic-Con." :gun
OMG me and Swabie were walking to Hilton to meet up with the rest of friends when the Twitard panel got out. We had to fight our way through what seemed like 1000s of twitards. The best was when Swabie asked what the hell is going on and I said the Twitard panel just got out. You should have seen the looks I got.:rotfl

The fat people scooters are worse. Last year some dude ran into me like 5 times so when he stopped we disconnected his battery.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

funny you say that, i asked my friends "When did FAT become a disability?" he responded "When Homer Simpson made it cool."

I had no responce....

Having a fat disabled friend, it's not always what it seems. Some are disabled then gain the weight because they can't move hardly at all.

That being said.....

I have no problems with free hugs. I've hugged people holding those signs before.

hugeggplant.gif

thyroid conditions, etc..... i understand.

is it a disability if they can't stop eating? no. that's a self control issue. those are the ones i've got problems with.

Strollers are evil

Our stroller was awsome this year; we managed to hang 30+ pounds worth of swag and exclusives on the back of it and stash enough lunch for two adults and three kids in the bottom pouch. Sure, some people shot us looks, but we didn't hold up the traffic' nearly as much as the hordes of douches that sit and stare at the Heroes booth cheerleaders, the G4 bikini girls, or the bloody goth-zombieslayer girls booth. Funniest thing I think I saw at the con was when I was looking around the artist area for Adam Hughes and there was this guy who was literally staring, open mouth, at the nude pictures of the "Fantasy Art Model" as she was autographing them; I don't remember her name.

They should swap the movie/tv section with the video game area so I can avoid the Hollywood area completely; it seems like the people who were dressed as Harry Potter two-three years ago, are now dressing as goth vampires from Twilight.

Last edited:
I hated those people...

Though one of them did get a huge tackle hug by some creepy girl. She lunged at the person with the sign and then they both went flying through the air. I was in line to see the Bones panel. It was pretty hilarious!

thyroid conditions, etc..... i understand.

is it a disability if they can't stop eating? no. that's a self control issue. those are the ones i've got problems with.

There's alot more to it than just self control. Self control problems lead to people being 20 or 30 pounds overweight. Hundreds of pounds is another matter. I've had to learn about this working with kids. We have a few that are really big.

I saw two kids with those "free hugs" signs. Looks like they probably stunk pretty badly. If I had to prioritize the bottom four clicks at SDCC, I'd put it in this order:

4. Twighlight Crew
3. Anime/pikachu crowd
2. Larpers
1. "Free Hugs" people

Kevin Smith had a great line in his panel:

Only at comi-con can you find someone dressed up like a Jedi Knight, and pointing at someone dressed up like a Klingon and hear him say "bah, look at that dork"

dude, depending on my mood, if someone came up to me with the free hug nonsense, i'd twist their outstretched arms and break their elbows and shoulders.

OR

i'd try to "fill up" real fast and press the pelvis in hard for the hug and make em regret wanting to hug me.

OR

i'd drop my pants to my ankles and stumble around demanding hugs.

we're doomed as a society aren't we?

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Awesome!! :rock :rock :rock

Back