FREE AT LAST [or "How the Joker escaped Leto's D-Bag Ass with Marty Scorsese's Help"]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FREE AT LAST [or "How the Joker escaped Leto's D-Bag Ass with Marty Scorsese's He

He might not be in this movie, but according to Deadline, Leto is coming back to play Joker in the Harley Quinn movie and a Suicide Squad sequel, so...the thread title...not quite.

Re: FREE AT LAST [or "How the Joker escaped Leto's D-Bag Ass with Marty Scorsese's He

Don't know if I'm happy it's not him, or sad for the continued FUBARing of the DCEU

A joker origin movie is their worst idea yet

Yeah, this doesn't make sense. Are they slowly starting to reboot or what?

I think a "Joker" movie could work in the same vein as the Azzarello graphic novel or Killing Joke.

Jeez what's with these studios making awful decisions. Venom, Jabba the Hutt, now a joker origin story. Hopefully Jared Leto is out for good tho

DC going full Star Wars business model, basically.

I fully concur with Batfan though, anything with Joker that doesn't have Leto attached is great.

I love it- getting high calibre talent- instead of paint by numbers stuff MCU mostly does

However I wonder if this will ever come to be made...

:rip wake me when it's actually happening

Leto Joker is Jason Todd confirmed.

Leto Joker is Jason Todd confirmed.

rsz_03333adafd807d2cdce9a9137dee11361.jpg

I don't see this happening, DC is notorious for not letting multiple iterations of the same character exists in the same time (Bat-embargo/Aquaman Embargo). It makes no sense from a business perspective for them to go ahead with this anyway.

I don't really think this will see the light of day, either, even though I hope it does, but, honestly, I think this would be a smart move for WB. Frankly, if there's anything at work here, presently, I would say it's fear. I firmly believe that every executive presently at Warner Bros. have each of their respective ass holes clenched in terror and anxiety at whether or not Justice League is going to take an atomic level dump all over the good will that they've earned with Wonder Woman.

That being said, ever the Boy Scouts, I feel like they're already preparing for that possibility and trying to figure out a way to move forward without throwing the baby out with the bath water. It may sound callous, but everything about that press release regarding Snyder's departure seems like them covering bases in the event that Justice League flops. "We fully support Snyder," "he'll have his pick of projects when he's ready to come back to work;" it all strikes me as a very polite way of moving him away from the DCEU. On top of that, as I mentioned in the JL thread, the fact that, after several unsuccessful attempts to get The Flash's solo film off the ground they've decided that their latest course of action is to make a "Flash Point" movie, I think it's almost a guarantee that, should Justice League fail, they use that as their Days of Future Past/History Revision project.

What's interesting about this, though, is that, in establishing DC properties as a banner under WBE that goes beyond continuity, they are, in essence, foolproofing their futures. Don't like a particular interpretation? We have another in the works. Plus, it opens the door for experimentation and, in some ways, even a degree of creative freedom that might lure talent, writers, and directors that otherwise might never even consider doing a DC movie to dip their toes into the waters.

Oh, and it doesn't have Jared Leto. **** Jared Leto. Goddamn dumpster baby. Those "damaged" goods can go **** themselves. Piece of ****.

do you know how long i've been waiting for Carl Gibbons Origin Movie?? fornever...:pray:

Terminator2_362Pyxurz.jpg

Back