Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man! A painful task?
Did you get yours from the early batches?
I am very hopeful that they have at least improve the packaging to keep it safe....
How bad was yours? I mean, do know the head on yours fell off, but did u notice any other obvious flaws and defects?

I live in Jersey as well and mine showed up fine. It's one of my favorite pieces. It's very impressive in person and gets alot of attention from guests.

Oh man! A painful task?
I am very hopeful that they have at least improve the packaging to keep it safe....
How bad was yours? I mean, do know the head on yours fell off, but did u notice any other obvious flaws and defects?

Probably not...

He most likely placed it on his front porch and waited for a light breeze to knock it over where it shattered into a million pieces.

Chris

Probably not...

He most likely placed it on his front porch and waited for a light breeze to knock it over where it shattered into a million pieces.

Chris

I understand you feel like you've been "had" by Fred & he got the best of you, but my best suggestion is not to exert any more of your energy regarding this bust. We all know you hate it and Fred Barton..every internet collector knows this...but your constant complaining and spewing negativity close to a year after the situation is just coming off as childish.

I understand you feel like you've been "had" by Fred & he got the best of you, but my best suggestion is not to exert any more of your energy regarding this bust. We all know you hate it and Fred Barton..every internet collector knows this...but your constant complaining and spewing negativity close to a year after the situation is just coming off as childish.

Today is my birthday....

and I'll cry if I want to...:yess:

Chris

Oh man! A painful task?

The bust (besides the head falling off) had a couple of other issues. The main one was the paint job the chest. It had that very deep blue line across it. Also, the chin guard on left side was not fully flushed onto the helmet.

Now breaking the bust was interesting. Since the head was already off, it saved me a step. I put the bust in the garbage bag and threw it down onto my sidewalk a few times. And surprisingly, it was hard to break! The shoulder rings came off and the there were some scratches on the paint from it, but the actual bust would not break. I tried it one more time and finally the neck area cracked off, but the actual body of the bust was fully intact. I sent Sideshow the pics and they accepted it.

The bust (besides the head falling off) had a couple of other issues. The main one was the paint job the chest. It had that very deep blue line across it. Also, the chin guard on left side was not fully flushed onto the helmet.

Now breaking the bust was interesting. Since the head was already off, it saved me a step. I put the bust in the garbage bag and threw it down onto my sidewalk a few times. And surprisingly, it was hard to break! The shoulder rings came off and the there were some scratches on the paint from it, but the actual bust would not break. I tried it one more time and finally the neck area cracked off, but the actual body of the bust was fully intact. I sent Sideshow the pics and they accepted it.

Did u at least keep the head, as a souvenir? :)

Just ordered this today so I hope I get a good 1. I am going to ask them to check it before sending to Australia. I had this pre ordered for a year and cancelled when heard all the stories. But now that its available again I thought I would give it a chance because it does look great.

Just ordered this today so I hope I get a good 1. I am going to ask them to check it before sending to Australia. I had this pre ordered for a year and cancelled when heard all the stories. But now that its available again I thought I would give it a chance because it does look great.

It's worth a shot. It's really an awesome piece and one of my favorites.

Good luck!!!!

It really is an awesome piece and I hope they all arrive in one piece to all you, I mean it is such an easy fix , either you rotocast it thicker , or foam fill it hello?

Well this keeps happening:

501c3c.jpg

I guess I should use some glue to keep it from doing this, my question is, what type of glue should I use?!

Back