Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine this morning....#11

Pics and my review are posted here

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=119336&page=56

R8.jpg

Chris

Hey Chris. What does your painter charge? Maybe he can repaint mine if I decide to pull the trigger.

Let me know by pm bro.

Sorry about the bad news, i knew you had high hopes for this one.

Here is mine with the whole face piece and the lips re-painted as well as the teeth and the inside of the mouth.

Hi
Shall you share any photos that show the photos of repainted part (before/after) ?

Thank you

Just noticed this tonight as well guys. A few members over at SF pointed it out to me about some pictures I posted. They said the face mask looked droopy. So I went to take a head on shot of the bust, its very clear that the band around the top of the helmet is drooping as well as the portion over his nose. See picture below..

Right now I dont know if this is just in MY bust or if their all casted this way?

Jedster have you noticed this in yours?

Also, when I went to move the bust gently to reposition it for a photo...the right front screw holding the bust to the base broke off :mad:
I barely put any force behind it to move it and all I hear is "snap" :slap

This bust is so light and thin it feels as if it will shatter in your hands.

Chris

robo.jpg

Oh Chris. That doesn't look good. I know how pumped you were about this piece. I'm not sure where we stand in terms of refunds etc. If mine arrives likes this I will be refusing to pay customs fees and I will be sending it back. I am so pissed for ordering this through Fred when I could have ordered through sideshow and used thier excellent replacement service. In the words of the old man ' I'm very disappointed'. However I still have a part of me that is still hopeful. Come On Fred. Don't let me down.

Last edited:
That certainly looks warped :(
What a shame. Sorry to see you have had problems after all the waiting.

I think some of the paint things you showed in pics aren't abnormal for a large ass piece, but the weight thing would prolly be the most concerning thing about it. This isn't a custom piece, so something this size is going to have some paint imperfections in some manor. Doesn't seem worth $850 like you mentioned though too.

The person who is painting these things should have more pride in their work. When I painted over 60 mask's for Universal Studios Hollywood I made sure to make them look all the same and with no flaws of any kind.

Re-Painting the one for Jed I was amazed on the poor painting on the flesh,teeth and black area.

Mike N.

Oh Chris. That doesn't look good. I know how pumped you were about this piece. I'm not sure where we stand in terms of refunds etc. If mine arrives likes this I will be refusing to pay customs fees and I will be sending it back. I am so pissed for ordering this through Fred when I could have ordered through sideshow and used thier excellent replacement service. In the words of the old man ' I'm very disappointed'. However I still have a part of me that is still hopeful. Come On Fred. Don't let me down.

I know man, it's defiantly a huge let down. I stared at it a little more last night when I got home, when I noticed the warped helmet I became seriously upset.

I wrote Fred an email last night demanding a refund. Theirs no way I'm paying $850 for this. I could have my painter redo this, but I don't feel like sinking another $500 into this and it doesn't fix the "lightness" issue. Or the warped head piece. If he refuses I'll call my credit card company and ask for a charge back. It's really upsetting all this time and spending all this money to receive something that feels and looks like a child's piggy bank. I feel for all the people that PO'd with Fred, I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better as more start rolling in. Of course I'm hoping for the best...I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. The reality is, this piece it not $850 quality, it's not even toys'r'us quality.

Chris

Last edited:
The person who is painting these things should have more pride in their work. When I painted over 60 mask's for Universal Studios Hollywood I made sure to make them look all the same and with no flaws of any kind.

Re-Painting the one for Jed I was amazed on the poor painting on the flesh,teeth and black area.

Mike N.

What I don't understand is why Fred promoted how great the paint jobs on these would turn out because he was having them painted in the US not overseas and that was part of the delay. Yet, after getting mine...I think the workers overseas could have done a much better job.

Chris

That lightness really gives any piece( and I thought the SS Predator was light) a certain level of cheapness from person to person. And both the painting and casting issue surely not helping the QC situation. But, Fred is very much aware of these issues. Trust me, he does come to the forum and read people's comment. I'd say, this is the first batch and obviously, it did not come out too well as there shouldn't be anyone that's not happy with it. He'll definitely try to work out the kinks and deliver the 2nd batch with the highest QC that's he's known for. The one that Atheris got is a goner for sure. I wouldn't accept that tool. I love the film and character too much so even if I got a piece like Atheris did, I'd just ask for a replacement cause I don't want to live without a Robocop bust.

I love the film and character too much so even if I got a piece like Atheris did, I'd just ask for a replacement cause I don't want to live without a Robocop bust.

That's my point of view. Hopefully the kinks get worked out. A thicker cast would help with the "droopiness" issues and breakages.

As far as lightness goes, I don't need it to feel heavy for it to be worth it in my eyes. I have one of those Arnold busts from the T3 that Godaiking made for a while and am very happy with that (even though it weighs maybe a few pounds).

Hope everything works out for you guys.

Back