Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I skipped the last few pages of the thread, but I almost died :D Was unresponsive for over 12 hours in the hospital. Just got discharged/home today.

So, I skipped the last few pages of the thread, but I almost died :D Was unresponsive for over 12 hours in the hospital. Just got discharged/home today.

Woah. That's intense. Glad to hear you're home though. Praying for you Theo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping to go for either the 55 inch 4k tv from Target or the 50 inch from Best Buy, myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I recommend researching reviews for the specific model numbers before you buy. I also recommend it be 120hz.
Last week, I bought the Samsung MU6100 60 inch 4K from Target. Took it back yesterday because I wasn't happy with it. The color spectrum didn't seem right and motion seemed blurry when turning off "Motion Interpolation" (Soap Opera Effect). I can't stand Soap Opera Effect because everything seems to move unnaturally fast.

After much research (including seeing the tv in person), I'm going with 55 inch Sony X900E. It will be discounted another $200 online through Best Buy for Thanksgiving.

I recommend researching reviews for the specific model numbers before you buy. I also recommend it be 120hz.
Last week, I bought the Samsung MU6100 60 inch 4K from Target. Took it back yesterday because I wasn't happy with it. The color spectrum didn't seem right and motion seemed blurry when turning off "Motion Interpolation" (Soap Opera Effect). I can't stand Soap Opera Effect because everything seems to move unnaturally fast.

After much research (including seeing the tv in person), I'm going with 55 inch Sony X900E. It will be discounted another $200 online through Best Buy for Thanksgiving.

Eyeing the Samsung U 8000 65inch right now...,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I'm not gaming, does the hz matter much? It's literally going to be a Hulu/Netflix box.

I'm doing all my Black Friday shopping online. Right now, I'm just looking for a new camera though. I don't expect many great deals from Sideshow since they'll more than likely just do their usual sales. I'm waiting for them to start throwing in free Stormtrooper figures with orders since they're never going to sell their stock :lol

If I'm not gaming, does the hz matter much? It's literally going to be a Hulu/Netflix box.

It's totally up to you. We mostly watch Netflix too. Personally, I want at least 120hz because the bigger the screen, the more motion blur. I wasn't happy watching action scenes from Spiderman Homecoming (4K BluRay) on the 60hz tv. But even when watching Stranger Things, camera panning and action scenes were quite blurry.
Ultimately, I just wasn't happy with an entry-level 4K tv. After lots of research, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy a mid-range 4K more.

It's totally up to you. We mostly watch Netflix too. Personally, I want at least 120hz because the bigger the screen, the more motion blur. I wasn't happy watching action scenes from Spiderman Homecoming (4K BluRay) on the 60hz tv. But even when watching Stranger Things, camera panning and action scenes were quite blurry.
Ultimately, I just wasn't happy with an entry-level 4K tv. After lots of research, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy a mid-range 4K more.

This is my issue as well

Got my new phone case for the Christmas season. I don’t care if we haven’t hit Thanksgiving yet—I’m switching it out now. :lol

6bea4b0b3baf1fe87f5e58ed789e54c6.jpg

Back