Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2014

Allow me to vent for a bit, I just wanted to do this somewhere that my family wouldn't see this and get all bent. Once again I'm going to have to endure another ridiculously painful surgery. I'm so already worn the hell out from the three knee surgeries, and the eff'n spinal stenosis in my lower back, that this was just the last thing I wanted to have to deal with right before the holidays. Now I'll be in bed for all that. Well on the plus side (as the doctor said), at least it's not cancer. Anyway, not looking for sympathy, but I'm screaming inside and have no where to really just let it out. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Congrats Snoopy on getting a probe droid (actually that's pretty close to what the procedure will entail):)

I got my Plush Mort from punkg42 in the mail today!

I think I'm just waiting on my Vander kit and my spook is done.

For those awaiting patches, my wife has finished just under half of them, I have to get out and pick up some CD mailers to send these out in and I'll start shipping them.

Allow me to vent for a bit, I just wanted to do this somewhere that my family wouldn't see this and get all bent. Once again I'm going to have to endure another ridiculously painful surgery. I'm so already worn the hell out from the three knee surgeries, and the eff'n spinal stenosis in my lower back, that this was just the last thing I wanted to have to deal with right before the holidays. Now I'll be in bed for all that. Well on the plus side (as the doctor said), at least it's not cancer. Anyway, not looking for sympathy, but I'm screaming inside and have no where to really just let it out. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Congrats Snoopy on getting a probe droid (actually that's pretty close to what the procedure will entail):)
OUCH! Sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine. Other than having my appendix removed, which was easy since it didn't burst, I've never had an operation. Try to stay strong, think about the good things in life, and have a crapload of Blu-rays ready to watch while you are laid up! I wish you a speedy recovery!
And for your sake, I hope this is your last operation...

For those awaiting patches, my wife has finished just under half of them, I have to get out and pick up some CD mailers to send these out in and I'll start shipping them.
Thanks for the update! I look forward to getting my patch and Vander's Mort kit, but I'm in no hurry. Whenever you and the wifey get em done... We appreciate it! As for your Mort plush, I think you are required to post a picture with it. We all had to post pics with ours. Your turn! :lecture

You said rock

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
That was your word of the week, for sure! Thankfully, you lost your rock... twice, I believe. I know you're getting Thor from Susan. I forgot what you won from another Freak. Something awesome, I recall, like a Predator 12" or something like that...

Sorry Gryph, that sucks to hear :( Vent here as often as you like! Gotta do it somewhere, might as well be to like-minded people who are totally cool with it!! Definitely great that it's not cancer, but it's still unfortunate, and hopefully it'll go as smooth as possible so you're at least healing well during the holidays and not in total agony all the time. But yes, vent here all you like, we'll always listen :) Plus, we've got cat gifs!

cat-on-fan-o.gif

Sorry to hear bud :(

My father has really bad back problems, he got a few long needles stuck into his spinal cord (i can't remember the type of long term painkiller it was) which kept the pain at bay as long as he didn't over exert himself. He said he'd do the shots again over surgery any day though. Not sure if you looked into this option?

Also, did YP get all his stuff yet? I wanna see what he won. :lol

Damn brother, sorry to hear this.
Hopefully it will go well and should be your last one that you'll ever have to deal with. Like you said some plus in the news even though it can be a bit tiring. Wish you a speedy recovery mate, and like Ken said; watch a **** ton of things to kill time!

And do feel free to vent, ain't nothing wrong with some (internet) privacy!
Sorry Gryph, that sucks to hear :( Vent here as often as you like! Gotta do it somewhere, might as well be to like-minded people who are totally cool with it!! Definitely great that it's not cancer, but it's still unfortunate, and hopefully it'll go as smooth as possible so you're at least healing well during the holidays and not in total agony all the time. But yes, vent here all you like, we'll always listen :) Plus, we've got cat gifs!

cat-on-fan-o.gif
WE HAVE MUCHO CAT GIFS!!!!!

Seriously you'll need to stop posting gifs because I crack up every single time :lol

I too am excited to see the prize :lol

If that cat gif is real, that's F'd up! Seeing as it was being filmed, and they didn't try to help the kitty, I question if it's real...

Thanks guys, really do appreciate the positive vibes. unfortunately it won't be the last, i have to have full knee replacement when i get older. yeah that's on the books:) this one hurts a lot more than than. I have a crapload of movies to watch and will be fully caught up on game of thrones before i get back to work:)

My back pain only bothers me when and if i lift heavy weights, so haven't done squats since 2007, oy vey, I know the shots in the spine help, but apparently i'm not a candidate for that yet. I'm so in between everything.

Those cat gifs are eff'n hilarious. and Yes i really want to see what was in UT's prize pack.

enough of that now.

cheers guys

OUCH! Sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine. Other than having my appendix removed, which was easy since it didn't burst, I've never had an operation. Try to stay strong, think about the good things in life, and have a crapload of Blu-rays ready to watch while you are laid up! I wish you a speedy recovery!
And for your sake, I hope this is your last operation...

Thanks for the update! I look forward to getting my patch and Vander's Mort kit, but I'm in no hurry. Whenever you and the wifey get em done... We appreciate it! As for your Mort plush, I think you are required to post a picture with it. We all had to post pics with ours. Your turn! :lecture

cat-on-fan-o.gif

Sorry to hear bud :(

My father has really bad back problems, he got a few long needles stuck into his spinal cord (i can't remember the type of long term painkiller it was) which kept the pain at bay as long as he didn't over exert himself. He said he'd do the shots again over surgery any day though. Not sure if you looked into this option?

Damn brother, sorry to hear this.
Hopefully it will go well and should be your last one that you'll ever have to deal with. Like you said some plus in the news even though it can be a bit tiring. Wish you a speedy recovery mate, and like Ken said; watch a **** ton of things to kill time!

And do feel free to vent, ain't nothing wrong with some (internet) privacy!

WE HAVE MUCHO CAT GIFS!!!!!

Seriously you'll need to stop posting gifs because I crack up every single time :lol

I too am excited to see the prize :lol

You said rock

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

:thwak :wave

Dude...that's messed up. I wish you nothing but the best, brother. :duff

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Thanks guys, really do appreciate the positive vibes. unfortunately it won't be the last, i have to have full knee replacement when i get older. yeah that's on the books:) this one hurts a lot more than than. I have a crapload of movies to watch and will be fully caught up on game of thrones before i get back to work:)

My back pain only bothers me when and if i lift heavy weights, so haven't done squats since 2007, oy vey, I know the shots in the spine help, but apparently i'm not a candidate for that yet. I'm so in between everything.

Those cat gifs are eff'n hilarious. and Yes i really want to see what was in UT's prize pack.

enough of that now.

cheers guys

I know multiple people who have gone through the knee replacement, including grandparents, mother-in-law, and friend's mother.

The good news is that it is a well-established procedure, and after physical therapy, you almost don't know it was done, and movement is far far better than it was before.

Best wishes for the upcoming surgery!

Score! The candy I tossed in put it over the first class weight limit by .1 ounce or so so I had to ship it priority. :lol Glad it made it there fast and safe!

I know multiple people who have gone through the knee replacement, including grandparents, mother-in-law, and friend's mother.

The good news is that it is a well-established procedure, and after physical therapy, you almost don't know it was done, and movement is far far better than it was before.

Best wishes for the upcoming surgery!

Same here. A good friend of mine had one done and complained for 6 months after saying it still hurt and wasn't worth it, and didn't help etc. etc... then all of a sudden, pain gone, leg working perfectly. Just need that time to heal and recover and everything should be golden. A lot of people think it will be instant healing, but it takes a bit.

I received the Hot Toys Crow figure I ordered during Spook. Was glad to get it on sale. I like it, but don't feel it's worth the original asking price. However, the deal they had on it was killer, and I think it is well worth that. :D Glad I added it to the collection.

That sucks! I just got some nerves "burned" in my lower back for the second time because I'm trying to hold off on surgery for as long as I can. Also got goop injected into my knee three times. The pain and discomfort is miserable. Hope you can get some relief and not go too stir-crazy from staying in bed.

Back