Freaks & Sports

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidwolverine21

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was thinking what would be an interesting is talking about sports that we enjoy playing the most or enjoyed playing the most. What sports did some of you play in high school? Or does anyone still play around in wreck leagues with some friends?

I personally am going into my senior of football and have wrestled a few years. Anyone else have any other sport memories or stories?

In high school:

Tennis
Football

on the side:

Paintball
Skateboard

I dropped out of high school, but when i was there i played; foot ball, i was a full back, basketball, and baseball, center field was my poss. I also have taken JUDO.

Didn't play any sports in High School... I moved too much. But I did play Football and Baseball when I was a kid. Hated Baseball, loved Football.... Wish I could have played more.

I used to skateboard, but gave up when my injuries seemed to heal slower. :lol

I used to skateboard, but gave up when my injuries seemed to heal slower. :lol[/QUOTE]

Always was a bit to big for the skateboarding, got two wide of a base to be jumping around on a thin narrow piece of wood.

I played football and I currently coach varsity football... I tried running around with the young guys in some 8 on 8 touch this past week during our summer camp--- I prefer running the "O" from the sidelines now with a clipboard rather than taking the shotgun snap... My legs only now have returned to their usual state. You know you're an old man when...:lol

Hockey and baseball when I was younger.

Now I train hard six days a week, and have even competed in a body building show. I may compete again in the future. Many people have suggested I should. I just hate how there are so many people who abuse GH and steroids in this sport though. Just train hard and eat right.

Cross Country
Wrestling
Paintball
Wing Chun
silat
jujitsu
systema
golf (but I suck at it)

Now I train hard six days a week, and have even competed in a body building show. I may compete again in the future. Many people have suggested I should. I just hate how there are so many people who abuse GH and steroids in this sport though. Just train hard and eat right.

How do you train 6 days a week and still aford collectibles? :google

Lets see, in school:
Wrestling all 4 years (beat a state placer before I got hurt at the end of my senior year, that sucked)
Baseball
Football
Tennis

Out of school:
Pretty much anything but badmitton

As a kid over here in OZ tried the usual Surfing,Bodyboarding,Skateboarding as a social hang with your mates.:cool:

Played weekend sport Football(my passion) for over 20 years,squash,athletics,judo for a short while should have tried Karate or taekwondo as i got bored with it quickly,running,hiking in the last few yrs to keep fit if u class that as a sport.

I am looking towards doing an Ironman triathlon sometime in the future if i can get myself back to being committed to something but the older u get the harder it seems to be especially on the body.I know some of u guys know what im talking about.

Last edited:
In high school I dabbled in most every sport, but the only one's i excelled at were hockey and volleyball...

Weight-lifting is about the only kind of sport i ever really got into (if that's really a sport:confused:). I did it in high school and continued later on. i have stopped for a few years now but i think i'm going to start again soon.

6 days is to much dude, i think you will get even better results if you give your muscles more time to heal between training days. 4 days of hard training is enough. Still competing in a bodybuilding show is impressive, good work!

I have played a bunch of sports

As a kid I played Soccer for probably 11 years, played Baseball for 2-3 years but my bad vision(which we didn't know I had) made me want to stop. Didn't really play football but grew up around football year round(dad was a coach). I skateboarded, surfed and rode BMX. Wrestled in Jr High and HS. Started Golfing when I was 6 or 7 and played tournaments when I was young(always lost to some damm kid named Eldrich) then played in HS (que getting killed by the same kid mentioned before). After HS I started rock climbing pretty serious for 3-4 years, did aggresive inline skating, snowboarding, played Hockey pretty serious for couple years but played for about 6 years and Mountian Biking. I currently surf and Mtn Bike, and have started racing 4X and will start Downhill racing once I can a DH rig.

Back