Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really didn't think I was going to like this as much as I do now, but it really is a great diorama and I think the line has some potential. I just rearranged my office over the Labor Day weekend and put out the Creature PF, Bride and Frank PF, Jason Scream Scene, and the Frank and Wolfie dio, to go along with the Mummy PF, Ardeth Bey color and SSE busts, Dracula bust, and Frank bust that were already there. I also have the Wrightson Frankenstein Bronze bust and the Weta Kong and Ann Bronze bust out. The only piece left on display that I wouldn't consider "Halloween appropriate" is the Reel Art Frazetta Snow Giants piece... but I really like that one and just haven't decided what to put in it's place for the next couple of months. I may rotate the Vampyre bust in it's place, but I'm just not sure yet...

off topic ,,,, what do you think about the Snow Giants piece?
Ive been tempted to get it many times, but the factory paint just didnt seem all that in pics Ive seen ....

off topic ,,,, what do you think about the Snow Giants piece?
Ive been tempted to get it many times, but the factory paint just didnt seem all that in pics Ive seen ....

I love it! It is a beautiful piece and my paint job is fantastic! The base colors are a bit weird, as they tried to match the colors from Frazetta's painting of course, but without the mountains and sky in the background, it looks a little strange by itself, but I've gotten used to it. If you were to put a print of the painting behind it, I'm sure it wouldn't look out of place at all. I still need to get the other ones at some point before they sell out...

I really didn't know how I'd feel about this line at first, but now I am majorly jazzed for Dracula. I cannot wait to see a Phantom and Christine diorama. He's gotta be at the organ, though. The organ is a must! The only thing that I think might have helped FMW would have been some lab stuff. But its still rockin'. Esp. the faces! Dead on as far as I'm concerned!:banana

I really didn't think I was going to like this as much as I do now, but it really is a great diorama and I think the line has some potential.

I, too, was very pleasantly surprised when I received mine (thanks, Adam from Dark Shadow Collectibles!).

It was much bigger than I thought it would be in 1:9-scale, and as others have said, the sculpt, likenesses, and paint are all right on the mark.

Like Anton, I would like to see some more detailed bases/environs, but for an initial offering, it's a very solid piece and a great start to what I hope will be a very character-rich and ambitious line!

So we are a few weeks further, have people in EU allready received theirs ?

I have been charged I think over 6 weeks ago and nothing ...

So we are a few weeks further, have people in EU allready received theirs ?

I have been charged I think over 6 weeks ago and nothing ...

Yeah I got it last week but I also got an e-mail saying tonnes of Sideshows stock got delayed in customs on route to the EU warehouse & all expected EU deliveries would be made ASAP.

Last edited:
This diorama seems to be climbing in value quickly with the most recent on ebay going for about $230. Can't say I was expecting that to happen, but I'm pleasantly surpirsed. I don't have the color version, however I like the smaller edition sizes this line is receiving. I only hope that does not spell the demise of what could be a stunning collection - the dioramas!

:D

I'm sorry about the necropost, but I just had to share my joy. I didn't buy this figure when it when first came out (yeah, kick me, I know.....), but I finally bought it on eBay. It arrived today and I'm really amazed at the quality of Sideshow's work on this. I wanted to share with you #266/600:

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

It's not a necropost if you're contributing to the thread, Scary! And you're contributing in a big way! Great pics, and congrats! :chew

I originally passed on this because I'm not really interested in a Monster that is not Karloff, but after getting the Creature dio, I'm really regretting passing it up. I'll have to check the 'bay after the holidays.

Thanks, Kabuki!

Yes, I love Karloff too and, to me, he IS the Frankenstein Monster. But, I like this dio so much and since it's based on one of the best movies in the series, I had to get it! And what a classic pose of the Wolf Man pouncing down on the Monster. I don't think the scene in the actual movie is quite like this dio, but there has to be some artistic license taken into account.

Now, to obtain the SSE version.... hmmmmmmmm......

Back