Found my MR Millenium Falcon. Thank you Freaks!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, if it wasn't sturdy I'd never put the Falcon on it! :)
It can support more than the Falcon weighs and with the tri-pod that thing isn't going anywhere, I've tested it!
A case would just trap them I think, I like the look of them without being on a table top. I dust them off.
Painting the walls black would be cool! Maybe a starfield?!

yes yes YES :yess:
That tripod reminds me of the ones I get when I rent DJ equipment and mount speakers on that are like 40lbs!
Oh the power adapter is 9V 50mA though I remember the original to be a bit more Amp. The polarity I could never figure out but because the LEDs are hardwired so no intelligence whatsoever so nothing can go wrong having the polarity reversed. Just plug in and if nothing comes up pull it quickly :D
OK I also found the thread I was referring to and it is a 1/4" Phono Plug
Post#41:
https://www.therpf.com/f10/cracking...led-see-post-16-17-its-base-60946/index2.html

Here you go!
The X-wing is on a floor table lamp base and the Falcon is on the speaker stand I got from Amazon.
Now I have to get the cords/power supply for both so that I can plug them directly into the wall outlet!
Thanks!

Looks great in front of the Death Star photo. Where'd you pick that up?

Trust me, if it wasn't sturdy I'd never put the Falcon on it! :)
It can support more than the Falcon weighs and with the tri-pod that thing isn't going anywhere, I've tested it!
A case would just trap them I think, I like the look of them without being on a table top. I dust them off.
Painting the walls black would be cool! Maybe a starfield?!

I think a case would still look good. Just need a really big one like 6th high and 3ft wide and deep :D

:borg:

I still wouldn't trust my Falcon to a tripod, but it's more because I have a 5-year-old boy who can't be trusted not to knock it over. ;) I sleep better knowing it's in a case.

I got the Death Star poster from zazzle.com. You can customize the picture, so I zoomed and cropped it to get the image I wanted.
Thanks for the info Geil, I'm going to go to radio shack and see if they can help me out.
OK OK, I do get a wee bit nervous when my Beagle runs past it! :) But it is tucked out of the way in the corner.
Thanks for the comments everyone, I am really happy with the way it turned out!

OK, so just to make sure I have this right,
I take the 1/4" mono phone plug and that goes into the Falcon, then I take the 9v power adapter, plug one end into the phone plug and the other end into the wall outlet, say "punch it, Chewie" and we're off into hyperspace?
Can I use the power adapter that came with the Falcon that was orignally used for the base?
Thanks!

Oh you have the original powersupply?? Of cause you can!! But yeah you won't be able to "plug" it into the Phono plug but have to to rewire it. Just make sure you have the correct polarity before you solder it and make it permanent

Sorry, you lost me there!
I do have the original power supply.
I just want to connect the original power supply cord to the Falcon directly and I'm not sure how/if that could happen.
I thought the phone jack was the connection between the power supply cord and the Falcon?
Sorry, so confused!

The original setup has the phonoplug plug into the MF through the post which is wired through the base to be powered through the powersupply.
I thought you don't have your original one like me so I gave you what I used :p but yeah you will need to hotwire the powersupply to the phonoplug you just got and it should work just the same

I thought that the power supply cord would plug into the phone plug and the phone plug goes into the Falcon, no?
I would have no idea how to hotwire it!

I still remember vividly the day my falcon came to me....whAtever doubts or bad feelings i had for dumping so much on a collectible was gone as soon as I got pass the shipping boxes and styrofoam protection...the mr falcon is a must have if u can afford it. Geil, time to work on ur dio!!!!

I thought that the power supply cord would plug into the phone plug and the phone plug goes into the Falcon, no?
I would have no idea how to hotwire it!

No this would be a DIY though really easy one :p
- if you can source the mating connector from Radio Shack you can leave your original Power supply unharmed and just need to connect two wires each from the mating connector to the phono plug. Since this is low power and these are LEDs "directly" connected if you get the polarity wrong it just won't light up so you just rewire it until it works.
- If you can't source the connector then you would have to splice your plug form the power supply and wire it directly but definitely try source the part so you have no trouble going back

I still remember vividly the day my falcon came to me....whAtever doubts or bad feelings i had for dumping so much on a collectible was gone as soon as I got pass the shipping boxes and styrofoam protection...the mr falcon is a must have if u can afford it. Geil, time to work on ur dio!!!!

dio... DIO???? This thing is massive, a dio would be more massiver :horror: :lol

Oh that MF :lol
Yeah first clean up the house then my displays and then ........ 50+ projects later ... Hopefully I have the luxury and skills then to do it ;). My Finemolds deserves to see the light of ...... Darkness of space

Once you have everything set up and the wall painted I want to see some pics. It looks awesome on the speaker stand and don’t worry about it falling over those stands can hold some serious weight with the feet all the way out. I used to be a DJ and I would have drunken fools bumping my speakers all the time and never had one tip. :hi5:

Back