• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: Legend 1:1 Bust, Avatar AMP Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FOR SALE: GRAIL ITEMS and COLLECTIONS

Dr. Doom Exclusive and 7 statue Adam Hughes Exclusive set are about to be sold.

Last chance on those pieces.

Dennis

I think your DOOM is too much,there's one NIB regular on eBay now for $1290 or Best offer.

The chalice isn't worth $700.00

Good luck.

Yup and there's one Exclusive on Ebay for 2000.

It's never about what comes with the Exclusive. Or do you think those prints are worth 150 dollars?

Do you think that eyes that light up is worth 700 dollars?

How about another head? Is that worth 700 dollars?

The exclusive extra is the bonus but part of the increased value that these sell for is simply the fact that there is less of them out there and so they are more rare.

You may or may not agree with that but there are many willing to spend the extra money for that exclusivity.

You must think people who pay 1500 dollars more the GRAY color of Hulk vs Spiderman really crazy then? Or does the fact that there are no more than 50 of those in the world play a fact?

How about 1000 more for the grey version of Ardeth Bey?

Compared to all of that, is it that weird to have a chalice be worth 700 dollars . . . especially when MANY who own Doom agree that the chalice is a really big part of the overall ambience of the piece?

Do you own this PF by any chance so you can compare the effect with and without?

Just curious.

Dennis

Sup Dennis

I don't collect Marvel,so I don't know,to be honest I don't even know what Dr.Doom is/was,because I never read marvel comics at all.I just watched some cartoons back in the 60's Black & white. :slap

I was just saying that I saw one Dr. Doom on eBay for $1250 or best offer for the regular and the Exclusive is $2000 ? If you're a hardcore collector that's an opportunity to get it.

I don't know about the chalice because I never read the comics,but I guess would be like Thor without his hammer.

Happy New Year,good luck.FREE BUMP.

Hi Webb,

Thanks and Happy New Year to all. The chalice is not as iconic as Thor's hammer but it is a wonderful accent piece and really adds something to the scene.

For an exclusive I think it's fantastic . . . certainly much better than an art print or a different color which is what they always do for the Hulk.

I've displayed both with and without chalice and the chalice make a big difference.

In any case, I've seen Doom Exclusive sell for as low s 1500 to 1600 and as high as 2300 in the past 2 years so it's all a matter of timing and the state of the collecting pulse.

There's good deals to be had out there if you are patient but you have to be lucky as well.

One Doom Exclusive in mint condition sold in 15 minutes for 500 dollars including free shipping. Guy was expecting a new baby and wife gave him an ultimatum. Stuff like that.

In any case, I have a deal taking shape for the Doom already so if someone wants to get it, now is the time. It likely will won't be available in 2-3 weeks. Same for my Adam Hughes exclusive collection.

Dennis

Sideshow Adam Hughes Comiquette set of 7 statues, exclusives is now SOLD.

Deal on Doom is pending but as payment has not been sent is still technically available.

Original listing edited to reflect this.

Thanks for looking.

Dennis

Hi, yeah, I'm selling stuff that I thought I would never sell but as time passes, priorities and tastes change I guess.

Now moving to consolidate into much fewer but higher price items. I guess that goes to show you that as much of a pain in the butt it is, it is wise to keep those brown shippers since it makes it a LOT easier to ship them. I threw away a lot of them secure in the knowledge I would NEVER sell my Doom or my Adam Hughes . . . and that make it A LOT of trouble now.

Doom is pretty spoken for, just waiting for payment to come in end of this month. I see that Conan Barbarian Exclusive is going for bigger money on Ebay these days but 350 is still good.

Take care and hope everyone has a good and safe 2011.

Dennis

Back