• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Custom Made Ikea/Display Cabinet Dynamic Pose Brackets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afattori

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey fellow collectors, looking for a cool way to display your flying figures? My good friend Sam came up with a killer bracket. The brackets and all images on this thread is copyrighted and must get permission to use. Sam is a great a guy, and will take care of you guaranteed.

Link to youtube video demonstrating how to use bracket: https://youtu.be/Nha6NgKZeMo

Bracket Sales Pitch (1) (800x648).jpg

IMG_1900.jpeg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

Thanks, Tony, for posting this on my behalf.

I've had both my Man of Steel and BvS Superman displayed using these brackets for some time now (using the prototypes, which were not anodized, had rigid edges, and nowhere near as sleek)... Man of Steel, longer of course, at about 4 weeks. So long as the bending strength of the display rod is not compromised, the figure remains perfectly where I put him with no bracket loosening. Drastic change to the look and feel of the display to remove the Hot Toys stands.

Anybody interested in more information, or picking a few of these up, please PM me for details.

ALSO, I just had an idea for a mounting device for these stands in the middle of a cabinet. Sleek as well, and low-profile. If I garner any and enough interest (minimum 40), I'll probably do a quick run of those as well.

Oh this is awesome. I just got an IKEA shelf and was scratching my head on what to do. Definitely can sign me for quite a few brackets (I'll send SammyG a pm). Also up for the mounting device!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does this work with the ikea Billy ? Thanks

Not directly, sorry.

The Billy uses 4mm pegs, which I was surprised to find out after I had the prototypes made... You would think that IKEA would be quite conservative with the shelf adjustment holes, but they vary considerably from piece to piece. You can easily expand the Billy holes to fit the 5mm, but I think that may defeat the utility of these brackets.

I would definitely be interested in seeing a digital or drawn mock-up of the mounting device

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I would definitely be interested in seeing a digital or drawn mock-up of the mounting device

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

This is sort of what I'm thinking... 3-4 ports along the circumference, and one directly on top. Could also create some "screws" to cap off the unused ports. If I get enough interest, I'll make a run of these. So please PM me and let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0z00zi1w56ikpx/Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 2.37.20 PM.jpg?dl=0

Not directly, sorry.

The Billy uses 4mm pegs, which I was surprised to find out after I had the prototypes made... You would think that IKEA would be quite conservative with the shelf adjustment holes, but they vary considerably from piece to piece. You can easily expand the Billy holes to fit the 5mm, but I think that may defeat the utility of these brackets.

Ah crap. And I just bought some Billys to display my stuff. If I'm sure I won't be moving stuff , definitely Worth the try!

Ah crap. And I just bought some Billys to display my stuff. If I'm sure I won't be moving stuff , definitely Worth the try!

Check out my post above, with the Dropbox link (Post 7). Might be an alternative solution if you don't want to enlarge any of the holes in the Billy. Need about 20 more interested parties before I'll commit to making the small pyramid stands, but I'm pricing them out anyways.

Check out my post above, with the Dropbox link (Post 7). Might be an alternative solution if you don't want to enlarge any of the holes in the Billy. Need about 20 more interested parties before I'll commit to making the small pyramid stands, but I'm pricing them out anyways.

Consider me willing. Definitely would order least 2!

Consider me willing. Definitely would order least 2!

Alright. I've got my machine shop connection working his magic. Will post design pics as soon as we finalize a design.

Stay tuned...

Any chance of getting them in white as well as black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back