For all Equilibrium fans out in 1/6th land

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
not sure what being a newer company has to do with quality and standards of their products....

Getting something like this off the ground is not an easy task. Louie and his crew all come from the customizing/collecting community and they are trying to put out innovative products that fill a niche. Every company has to start somewhere. Triad has mostly been doing clothing only sets for Cy Girls for the past couple years and the quality has been outstanding. This is their first foray into mass produced plastic parts. There are always going to be problems. Even Hot Toys' early figures had pretty bad head sculpts.

I'm not denying that this set has problems, but Triad is committed and I'm sure they will learn from the experience and improve with future products. I think to write them off because of this one set would be a mistake. If you are worried about not getting what is previewed, then I would say don't pre-order.

Ok, so after having called this set terrible, I went ahead and ordered one anyway (I had nothing else coming and it's only $40, so what the heck) hoping I could fix the defects.

Having just finished assembling my Grammaton Cleric, I can say I'm nothing but impressed. This thing looks for all the world to me like a Hot Toys figure. The sculpt is great (not dead-on, but still great) and the paint apps. are much better than the pics in this thread would lead one to believe. The clothing is top notch and the chambers on the guns even slide back and forth. Mine also has the collar issue, but I think it looks just fine folded down.

This figure kicks ass, and I'm sooo glad I didn't let this one get away. Best $48 I've ever spent on this hobby.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Ok, so after having called this set terrible, I went ahead and ordered one anyway (I had nothing else coming and it's only $40, so what the heck) hoping I could fix the defects.

Having just finished assembling my Grammaton Cleric, I can say I'm nothing but impressed. This thing looks for all the world to me like a Hot Toys figure. The sculpt is great (not dead-on, but still great) and the paint apps. are much better than the pics in this thread would lead one to believe. The clothing is top notch and the chambers on the guns even slide back and forth. Mine also has the collar issue, but I think it looks just fine folded down.

This figure kicks ass, and I'm sooo glad I didn't let this one get away. Best $48 I've ever spent on this hobby.

THAT's what I'm talking about! :D
I didn't think I was totally insane here! I like mine just fine. Defects and all.

figuremasterles said:
THAT's what I'm talking about! :D
I didn't think I was totally insane here! I like mine just fine. Defects and all.
And not a bunch of defects to fix either IMO. It's a pretty nice set. At the price point better than pretty nice.
I did get a kick out of some of the posts though proclaiming the horror experienced by the buyers (or photo viewers). Priceless on a board devoted to SSC products which can sometimes be, well, not perfect as is true of almost everything.
Not sure what people were expecting, but as far as I'm concerned bless Triad Toys and long may it wave. they make some pretty terrific stuff.

I never knew of Triad Toys until I checked out this thread. I went ahead and ordered both the Enforcer and Night Stalker. I had a lot of insane fun playing BloodRayne 1 and 2 awhile back and I really liked Equilibrium, too. These kits just looked too cool to pass up. It's reassuring to hear some positive comments after so many negative ones. I'm really looking forward to building both figures.
:chew

Back