For all Equilibrium fans out in 1/6th land

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xenoviper said:
Oh man i just realised this ...
enforcer23.jpg

Glad I held off.

Do people still think their less articulated figure is going to beat sliced bread :lol

The paint apps on the proto look pretty good, but the shot of the production piece looks pretty shabby by comparison. Still, if the head sculpt is there and it's only a matter of a repaint, then it still seems like it might be worth picking it up for all those extras. (I bet Les is already busy transforming his Grammaton Cleric). I think I'd also rather have that "elite" edition, tho. The katana he used to slice and dice Numbnuts at the end would be nice to have, along with the white outfit (if that's what comes with it). I also really liked that movie, so I may break down and grab one of these anyway. Might be a fun project.

Man that missed the mark. It's not abysmal but shouldv'e been a lot better. The asymmetrical head may be due to the sculpt, a few Jim Maddox sculpts have been a little off center as seen there.

screamingmetal said:
Man that missed the mark. It's not abysmal but shouldv'e been a lot better. The asymmetrical head may be due to the sculpt, a few Jim Maddox sculpts have been a little off center as seen there.

The paint apps look so different it's hard to tell, but is that the same head sculpt in both pictures (prototype and actual product)?

Just wait boys because Figuremaster Les has the set and will be presenting his spectacular repaint soon.

dekadentdave said:
Just wait boys because Figuremaster Les has the set and will be presenting his spectacular repaint soon.

That's exactly what I'm thinkin' too. Les sounded pretty happy with it and I'm inclined to believe he'll turn it into a work of art in any case.

Mudshark said:
That's exactly what I'm thinkin' too. Les sounded pretty happy with it and I'm inclined to believe he'll turn it into a work of art in any case.

Figuremaster can turn crap into gold, but not everybody is figuremaster.

Mudshark said:
The paint apps look so different it's hard to tell, but is that the same head sculpt in both pictures (prototype and actual product)?
I looked at the side profiles of the proto and the one pictured here and they're very close. If you take the loss of detail from rotocasting into consideration, then I'd say they're the exact same sculpt.
I'm not sure if Maddox sculpted it, but it's been mentioned that he's the one who sculpted it here so my knowledge is from that. Maybe Callous can confirm that?

screamingmetal said:
I looked at the side profiles of the proto and the one pictured here and they're very close. If you take the loss of detail from rotocasting into consideration, then I'd say they're the exact same sculpt.

Thanks. That's what it looked like to me, too. I bet HA could make it right.

KamenGuyver said:
Figuremaster can turn crap into gold, but not everybody is figuremaster.

This is true. And I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with it!

WOW! :eek:
Thanks fellas!

Look for something on this soon.
Working on other folk's work when I can first, (Me stuff has to wait a bit...but this repaint is coming, if for nothing else to see if it is there enough...I do like it though)

And yes, I like this set. Guess I am not as picky. I did strip some of the shoelaces though! :eek: yanked too hard and pulled 'em right through the vinyl...dangit!

Oh, and how did Triad end up pushing Jim's head? It is vinyl not resin....Just curious....:confused:

anyone wants my set? Just pay me cost and its yours.

Another issue i picked up is that the buttons are so tight that if you dont becareful, the ones on the jacket would seriously tear off. As in the threads.

What i end up doing is placing finger nail in between and open like that. By hold on fabric to open would give you nightmare!

figuremasterles said:
WOW! :eek:

Oh, and how did Triad end up pushing Jim's head? It is vinyl not resin....Just curious....:confused:
i was wondering that myself. guess Louie has Jim's permission. oh well, i'm not very pleased w/ the enforcer. nightstalker rocks tho. i also wish we'd been told about this 'Elite" version. it states that the Elite will come w/ an exclusive head. wonder if it'll be a new sculpt. think i'll try and use my Takara Bale sculpt w/ this set.

Triad is still a pretty new company, and they are only recently getting into doing more plastic parts vs. just clothing sets. I'm sure they will improve with experience. This set is a bit off the mark, but I think it's too soon to write Triad off crap.

not sure what being a newer company has to do with quality and standards of their products....

Look how long $$ has been around and they still can't improve the quality and standards of their products. :lol

lol dude when did you get so bitter towards $$? You used to give me crap for that :monkey5

Back