For 125.00 I Couldn't pass him up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shai Hulud said:
I own this one, and im probably the only one who likes that statue better than the comiquette..but the style,the sculpt are just awesome....underated all the way....

The face on the Comiquette is not as bad as this one for me. Although the vampire teeth are still kinda bad. I still prefer the Logan face on the Vs diorama the best.

Shai Hulud said:
I own this one, and im probably the only one who likes that statue better than the comiquette..but the style,the sculpt are just awesome....underated all the way...

You're not the only one! :rock

Logan PF > Wolverine Comiquette

I think the Logan face in the dio is horrible. The only reason I opted for the regular. The ONLY piece I opted for regular instead of extra crispy.

9000_image02.jpg

"Oh no! They stole me Lucky Charms!" comes to mind every time I see it.:lol

:lol :lol :lol

The exclusive Wolvie Vs Tooth is one the most underrated Sideshow Marvel pieces. When they do those extreme closeups on the product page it doesn't do it justice. I love the determination on Wolvie's face. No growling. No berserker rage. He is out to get you like it's his job.

"I just stuck 3 claws down your shoulder. Now stay still and let me get this over with"

Ive always LOVED this PF, never understood the reaction by some to it. Its comic book based so its anatomy is different and more stylized. The fabrication and execution is nearly flawless.

Great review Lonnie. I agree on the piece having a byrnesque look to it. That was my X-Men heyday too. Death of Jean Grey, etc.. I'm liking this piece more by the minute. I think it is probably more popular with collectors of our age, as it is a bit nostalgic. Thanks for the link!:D

customizerwannabe said:
Great review Lonnie. I agree on the piece having a byrnesque look to it. That was my X-Men heyday too. Death of Jean Grey, etc.. I'm liking this piece more by the minute. I think it is probably more popular with collectors of our age, as it is a bit nostalgic. Thanks for the link!:D

My best friend (mentioned in the review) owned the Byrne double page splash original artwork from X-Men #137 (The Fate of the Phoenix). He got the pages at a convention sometime during the 80's for either $500 or $750 (we can't remember which). He consigned them to Heritage Auctions in March 2003. Heritage estimated the value at $10,000, which my friend said it would never reach. With Buyer's Premium added, it finished at $55,200!!! Forget statues, buy original art!!!

Congrats Ed on another fine piece!! What a steal!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you receive it. I've been on the fence about this one for awhile....a little more positive feedback on this piece might make me hit the buy/bid button next time. :D

Back