Fooled by prototypes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Dragon has stagnated at all.Yes,they have picked some dead end properties,but they have made some beautiful non military figures recently from Time Line,Hero,and the Barbarians line.One area that they surpase Sideshow is the quality and texture of thier fabrics.That Sideshow has switched away from resin,thier head sculpts now seem as soft or perhaps softer than Dragon's too.

As someone else mentioned,the Cy girls put both Dragon and Sideshow female bases to shame.Japan has a whole fetish scene going on with thier customs,the tailoring and re-paints on these figures are amazing...far beyond any domestic customs I've ever seen.

Bah humbug!

For the record, many of the Sideshow staff members find this board incredibly valuable because you do, on occasion, point out our shortcomings and errors. It keeps us honest, on our toes, and aware of our points of failure. Until the day that our internal production & QC staff can personally inspect every piece before it ships, we will continue to rely on the Freaks board as a quality source of data and feedback.

With that said, we do tend to give more credence to posts that detail a problem or suggestion, and the more detailed the better. Pics are the best. It's not truly constructive 'criticism,' it's just constructive feedback. Repetitive complaints are not as thoroughly read, especially if posted repetitively by the same board member.

With that said, perhaps the more negative voices and the more positive voices can find fewer reasons to turn debates personal? It's sometimes more popular to be a critic, but it's not unpleasant to read a positive here and there. Neither is unhealthy for the forum, and lively conversation IS the end goal, no?

Props on a most excellent thread, with a superb subject heading. Very eye-catching. Keep the quality discussion flowing...

:poke

Bah humbug!
Here, here!! :toast

we will continue to rely on the Freaks board as a quality source of data and feedback.

So, then a number of posts requesting a certain figure or item is actually important to Sideshow?

Repetitive complaints are not as thoroughly read, especially if posted repetitively by the same board member.

But repetitive complaints should be read. They are not only on this forum and faults not only brought to light by me. Various other 1:6 boards mention many of the same "criticisms" that are brought out into the open here only to have a select few "pro-Sideshow" people attempt to gloss over it with an "I don't think that's so bad" or "they really have improved on that". Maybe its just me, but I have seen many more posts point out a problem than an improvement. If it happens to be the same problem then it would appear that it is not being addressed and perhaps a SSC VIP could then grace us with their presence to say that it will be fixed by doing this or it just cannot be done. This critical piece of interaction is often missing. It may mean more for one of SSC's people to address us than to have Dave attempt to distract us with what appears to be his own self serving devotion to Sideshow.

but it's not unpleasant to read a positive here and there.
Granted. And I was pleased with my BTVS Willow despite all the negatives I had heard about prior to getting her. I am pleased to see you bringing the Apes line to life and hope it continues for a long time.
Despite what you may think or what others might say, I like Sideshow. I keep bringing certain things up in hopes of correction much like a parent will correct a child on the right way to hold a pencil or tie their shoes until they get it right. I have already read several posts regarding the Star Wars license. There have been comparisons between Hasbro's oversized heads and Sideshow's oversized heads. Between Hasbro's sculpts lack of resemblence in some characters and the same with some of Sideshow's.
I've been collecting for over 30 years and I always enjoyed 1:6 more than anything else. Joe's, Action Man, BBi, Dragon...I have them all and more. But, Sideshow made me love collecting again. The licenses, the detail, the likenesses...It irks me to see that apparently thrown to the side, whether intentionally or not. And to have some say if you don't like it, don't buy it. Sideshow won't miss one customer. I have over 100 Sideshow figures and hope to keep adding to that number. Its not always a "don't like it?, don't buy it" choice. When you wait 34 years to add a Brent to your collection, its not always that black and white.
It was written that you tried rooted hair after it was asked for here. I must have missed that post. I would like realistic looking hair, whether it be sculpted or rooted. I don't understand why Barbie and CyGirl's could root without oversizing the heads and Sideshow could not. I also know I saw many more posts requesting certain characters inclusion into a figure line than I did requests for rooted hair.

Well....thanks for stopping by Brant. And now....
On with the lively conversation!!!

been fooled afew times by the proto's unfortunately. The New nightmare freddy's eyes are disapointing compared to the protos but i grew to like them more. The sideshow willow's sculpt went alittle wrong after the proto, maybe in the mold,

but i LOVE sideshow and love how they listen to their customers and continue the improve industry. So i thank them VERY much for the work and time they put into there figures and collectibles.

And i cant WAIT for the SW licence!!!:D :D :D and hint on what we can expect???:dance

Back