(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

:lol

So harsh.

I'm glad I don't have to work through the wounded pride of having been a 90's Star Wars collector. Some of you guys must really regret the money you spent on that stuff.

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

I've never seen it in person, but it looks better in that package than it's looked whenever I've seen it on someone's shelf.

Can it be water treated?

It can't be water treated but whoever greenlighted that design should be water boarded.

I've been tempted for years to try and customize one of those by putting the fur suit over an actual figure but like everything else I just never got around to it.

I'll let you guys flow on your Vintage stuff...I've never jumped on board for the Kenner stuff or GG's replication of it

So harsh.

I'm glad I don't have to work through the wounded pride of having been a 90's Star Wars collector. Some of you guys must really regret the money you spent on that stuff.

Honestly, the 12" stuff was the best thing I ever spent the money on back then. The figures (minus Chewie) were pretty well made for the time and still aren't that bad for the money. Now the $$$ I spent on the 3 3/4" line makes me want to :monkey2.

So harsh.

whats funny about that and this particular figure at one point was fetching anywhere from 200-300 dollars...........:lol

Can you imagine some guy out fishing in that lake and he reels that in... :lol

that would be a serious WTF moment..........:lol

Honestly, the 12" stuff was the best thing I ever spent the money on back then. The figures (minus Chewie) were pretty well made for the time and still aren't that bad for the money.

The only stuff I own from then are the 12" line's astromechs. I love those and can't wait to see them from Sideshow.

whats funny about that and this particular figure at one point was fetching anywhere from 200-300 dollars...........:lol

What??? :lol

there were some crazy times back then & bat ____ crazy people paying exorbitant amounts of money for pure crap.............:lol

Yes, I've seen 90's comics with 90's price tags on them. :horror

I saw Fanboys the other day and it kinda got to me, though. I was a little jealous.

I really avoided much of the Kenner into Hasbro craziness... I disliked the figures from the get-go and only bought a handful. Then I got a bit into them during TPM (which I later sold) and again a few years ago with the original Clone Wars and some of the first Vintage style figures.

But I've since sold off almost all of it and only have a few customized 1/6 figures.

The Chewie can be made into a decent enough figure if you sew two of them together. Brinn71 did a great job, I began one... but need to revise the sculpt as it ended up looking more like Chewbacca's slow cousin :lol

Face distorted to protect my pride :lol
chewd-1.jpg

Last edited:

Pics? :lol

After ROTS, I went on a 3.75" figure spree and it evolved into hunting down the best figures made of the main characters up until that point. Don't think I ended up with much POTF2 stuff, but the POTJ ones were pretty good. It was fun until 2005 when Sideshow made an affordable and awesome Jedi Luke. Then I gave most of them to my nephew. (Again, I kept the astromechs. I still collect any R5's that turn up, but the battle pack figures are a whore to find.)

At one time I wanted every SW 3.75" figure ever released. I spent hours working on a spreadsheet that could be sorted, had tabs for each collection, etc.

Luckily after buying a few inexpensive POTF2 figures and seeing how hard it was to get the newest releases, I decided to cut my losses and just put that money in the vintage figures.

I forgot, I do still have a MOSC He-Man Luke from the POTF2 series. I figured would be a great representation of that awful series :lol

I sold my giant collection of 3 3/4 Star Wars figures from POTF2 through 2008 a few years ago, but have picked up a few from the newer lines, especially the Vintage Collection. They've been making some pretty good figures lately. I miss some of my old ones, though. The Ephont Mon and Pote Snitkin from Saga Collection and POTF2 are a couple I wish I had kept.

POTF2 did a lot of figures the vintage line missed, but boy were the human sculpts/bodys bad. At least the aliens turned out OK.

We've had this discussion before, but I would kill for some awesome customs of vintage-style figures for characters that didn't get made.

That would be pretty cool. I never had the vintage figures since I was born in '85, but the POTF2 figures on were a pretty big part of my childhood and, who am I kidding, my adulthood. They may have not been worth anything, but I got a lot of joy out of collecting them growing up.

I'm kicking myself for not sending away for the rocket pack Vintage style Boba Fett that they had with the Vintage collection last year. I had all the card backs, I was just too lazy to cut the upc codes out and send them in.

I'll never forget how excited I was when the POTF2 figures came out. I skipped my morning class and went to Target, where they were doing a reset and had lables up for the SW figures the night before, and bought every single one they had. I thought they were the greatest things ever. :lol

You don't want to go to France and have a Dark Vador burger with freedom fries? I don't either.

Back