(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

I was intrigued by the jumbo GG figures and planned on at least getting Vader. But then ended up just going with a Vintage 12" vader which is way cooler IMO.

ccv.jpg

I agree. And comparable in price right?

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) aka Where the "cool guys" of the Star Wars forum hangout...

GB & flosi speak the truth......:lecture

i was quite intrigued by them at first & then considered the price point & well as of today i own none.

if they would have come in at 25-30 bucks..........i might have pulled the trigger on some. but at what 75-90...........put it towards true vintage 12". i only need like 2 or 3 more to complete mine.

I still need Vader and the Barbie-looking dolls (Luke, Han, Leia and Ben).

all i need is the jawa, boba fett, IG-88, & princess leia...............there was no way in hell i was going to own a girl doll back then..............:lol

EDIT: dammit i forgot about IG-88............:mad:

Last edited:

I was intrigued by the jumbo GG figures and planned on at least getting Vader. But then ended up just going with a Vintage 12" vader which is way cooler IMO.

ccv.jpg

I've had a vintage 13" Chewie for over 10 years (it was the first figure that I spent over $100 on). However I would still like the GG Jumbo figure as well since it's a completely different sculpt and the 3 3/4" Chewie is my favorite figure of all time. I, like everyone else, just wish they weren't so damn expensive. :gah:

Chewie1.jpg

Did they every make a Hammerhead in the 12" vintage line?

Did they every make a Hammerhead in the 12" vintage line?

No, they didn't touch the Cantina Aliens in that line. Here's the list:

___ Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
___ Boba Fett - 1978
___ Boba Fett (Empire Strikes Back box) - 1979
___ C-3PO (See-Threepio)
___ Chewbacca
___ Darth Vader
___ Han Solo
___ IG-88 (Empire Strikes Back box) - 1979
___ Jawa
___ Luke Skywalker
___ Princess Leia Organa
___ R2-D2
___ Stormtrooper

I think GG would have sold a ton of those things had they kept the price down... And yes, the vintage 12" is much better than the GG release, J.

Yeah, at $100 a pop these are a hard sell... especially when you could just buy the original 3 3/4" of many for way less and not take up as much display space.

I agree. And comparable in price right?

Actually (if you are okay with loose) they can be a lot less. My Vader is pretty minty and only cost $45 or so shipped.

Actually (if you are okay with loose) they can be a lot less. My Vader is pretty minty and only cost $45 or so shipped.

Yeah I would not mind loose. That is an awesome price !

I would not mind one for that price.

Crap. So did I. :slap

EDIT: And the stormtrooper. :panic:

IG-88 is usually the bank breaker of the series... but he's also probably the coolest one.

For now I'm just sticking with Vader as I don't really have a place where I could display all of them.

That's a great price for Vader. These figures really slip under the radar of most people and it surprises me. I picked up a C-3PO with the box a few years ago for $25 dlvd.

i should do a side by side photo-op with the old & new..............that would be awesome to see the vintage chewbacca up against a...........oh wait...........:gah:

i should do a side by side photo-op with the old & new..............that would be awesome to see the vintage chewbacca up against a...........oh wait...........:gah:

This one wasn't good enough? :lol

b5a77220eca0893ffa0c9010.L.jpg

:lol

i should have clarified............SSC's VS. vintage

yea that hasbro chewy is pretty pathetic.......:slap

Hahahaha, I have the first release of that figure. WORST FIGURE EVER! Fur on a wire armature. It's such a piece of crap.

I've never seen it in person, but it looks better in that package than it's looked whenever I've seen it on someone's shelf.

Can it be water treated?

I've never seen it in person, but it looks better in that package than it's looked whenever I've seen it on someone's shelf.

Can it be water treated?

yes................tie it to a brick & throw it in a lake..........:lecture

Back