(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

I'm really glad I mostly avoided the Hasbro stuff... I just didn't care for them aesthetically. I got a bit sucked into clones and some of the newere better looking figures, but seems 1/6 was more of a draw then so I got rid of that stuff too.

I think the only Hasbro I still have is a carded Luke from the first series... the He-Man looking one. That figure is to me a fun summary of the suckitude of the first POTF2 stuff :lol

Clones were the death of me for a while there.

I will let you know how fabulous Wilma Deering looks on DVD. :D

Erin+Grey+1+001.jpg

You ever get a chance to dig out any of that MASK stuff this weekend?

No, I'm sorry I didn't. With Mother's Day, the kids and family stuff I didn't get anything accomplished other than mowing the lawn. I have to pack up some stuff to ship out tomorrow so I'll dig them out then.

"Working" from home today. Read about 120 pages of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner. :rock

Working hard at hardly working. :lol

Maybe it's me but I'm probably the only one on the planet that doesn't like Blade Runner. It's a visually beautiful film but it just bores the **** out of me everytime I try to watch it. :sleep

I'm talking about monstrosities like these:

hasbro-potf2.jpg

Although they look terrible now, those were the first Star Wars figures I was able to own, so they'll always carry a certain air of nostalgia for me. I remember Christmas of 95 when my parents bought me Han, Luke, Stormtrooper, and Chewie. My grandfather, who's been dead for many years, got me Vader. I was super happy. Wouldn't trade that for anything.

I sold my POTF2, but I do have some of the figures released in recent years. They're doing a really good job with them these days.

That Leia was SOOOO sexy!

I remember Leia was the hardest one to find back when they first came out. It took me months before I was able to track one down.

I remember me and a local friend (Ghost of QG here on the boards) would go out at midnight when new waves of ROTS figures would come out. I still have some sealed figures floating around the place. In the end wasted a lot of money on the figures but we had a darn good time out hunting them.

I did a lot of hunting back then, too. My older brother and I went to all the midnight madness things with the release of each new movie. I don't have any of those prequel figures anymore, but it was a lot of fun back then.

Just the MK IV now. I had the Mk I and III at one point.

I have almost all of them. Just don't have a regular Mark III or the gunmetal Mark III. They're pretty cool toys, but the prices have gotten out of control at this point.

I remember Leia was the hardest one to find back when they first came out. It took me months before I was able to track one down.

Not to mention the Long Saber versions, and I believe there were some card variations as well (I think Obi-Wan had a half-shot and full body shot version), plus the stupid tiny numbers on the bottom of the cardbacks. Any and every variation that existed, people wanted. I can understand the long sabers, and the half/full circle Boba Fett I suppose, since those made the figures themselves different. But card variations??? :dunno
Oh, and of course the first wave of the green cards which also came out on orange cards. They forced us to buy TWO of the same friggin figure just cuz of the cardbacks being different, and we bought it, hook, line, and sinker! Clever Hasbro...

Why do I keep scrolling up to look at that Erin Gray picture???

Not to mention the Long Saber versions, and I believe there were some card variations as well (I think Obi-Wan had a half-shot and full body shot version), plus the stupid tiny numbers on the bottom of the cardbacks. Any and every variation that existed, people wanted. I can understand the long sabers, and the half/full circle Boba Fett I suppose, since those made the figures themselves different. But card variations??? :dunno
Oh, and of course the first wave of the green cards which also came out on orange cards. They forced us to buy TWO of the same friggin figure just cuz of the cardbacks being different, and we bought it, hook, line, and sinker! Clever Hasbro...

Don't forget the short saber, in long tray. :horror

Thankfully I never bought into all the variants because I opened all my figures. They were proudly on display for a long time. Damn all this nostalgia is even making ME want to buy them again. :lol

Back