(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

At least we don't have them all over the wall like some collectors. :lol

I still have several hundred loose Hasbro figures... but those are all from the last ten years or so, so they're of better quality. It might be time to get rid of some of those too though.

I still have several hundred loose Hasbro figures... but those are all from the last ten years or so, so they're of better quality. It might be time to get rid of some of those too though.

Several hundred? :google

Luckily, I wasn't too bad. I bet I never owned more than 50 of the modern figures. Still more than I wanted to own. :lol

I'm talking about monstrosities like these:

hasbro-potf2.jpg

If it wasn't for those Kenner/Hasbro figures I'd still be wasting money on sportscards and would have never reconnected with my beginnings and all the good memoriesof my past. I would never be here on this board if it wasn't for my POTF days.

Did I spend a ton of money on gas and figures? yes. Did I gain some awesome collecting moments with friends running all over the state trying to find rare figures? Yes. Did I gain new awesome friends thanks to online communities because off it? Hells yes and I'd do it all over again. :cool:

If it wasn't for those Kenner/Hasbro figures I'd still be wasting money on sportscards and would have never reconnected with my beginnings and all the good memoriesof my past. I would never be here on this board if it wasn't for my POTF days.

Did I spend a ton of money on gas and figures? yes. Did I gain some awesome collecting moments with friends running all over the state trying to find rare figures? Yes. Did I gain new awesome friends thanks to online communities because off it? Hells yes and I'd do it all over again. :cool:

For sure. :duff:

Totally agree!

When i visited gibby in Chicago, we also met up with some of my old Rebelscum friends for dinner one night. It was excellent having my old friends meet my new one! :rock :rock

I'm talking about monstrosities like these:

hasbro-potf2.jpg

When I sold off most of my carded 3 3/4" Hasbro stuff a couple years ago I kept all the orange carded POTF2 figs... mainly for sentimental reasons, and the fact that I knew I wouldn't get anything for them. haha. But yeah, if it wasn't for them coming out when the Spawn figures did I probably wouldn't have started collecting a lot.
I did keep all of my loose Hasbro figs though, and a few carded ones like exclusives, McQ concepts and whatnot. One set I did get rid of which I want to get back eventually is the silver painted figures like the Boba, R2, Sandtrooper, etc. that TRU put out. I liked those.

My loose Hasbro, all contained to one shelf.

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

Carded figs that remain...
IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

When I sold off most of my carded 3 3/4" Hasbro stuff a couple years ago I kept all the orange carded POTF2 figs... mainly for sentimental reasons, and the fact that I knew I wouldn't get anything for them. haha. But yeah, if it wasn't for them coming out when the Spawn figures did I probably wouldn't have started collecting a lot.
I did keep all of my loose Hasbro figs though, and a few carded ones like exclusives, McQ concepts and whatnot. One set I did get rid of which I want to get back eventually is the silver painted figures like the Boba, R2, Sandtrooper, etc. that TRU put out. I liked those.

I just can't part with mine. Mainly cuz I know they aren't worth anything. I'll gladly get rid of any doubles I may have, except for army builders perhaps, but I see no point in unloading the stuff for next to nothing. I am more likely to OPEN them so they aren't taking up much space. I'll use a razor blade so I can keep the card, and just toss the bubbles...

That Leia was SOOOO sexy!

Which did you find sexiest? The one indent or two indent belt variant?! :lol All those variations... all worth nothing now. haha.

I just can't part with mine. Mainly cuz I know they aren't worth anything. I'll gladly get rid of any doubles I may have, except for army builders perhaps, but I see no point in unloading the stuff for next to nothing. I am more likely to OPEN them so they aren't taking up much space. I'll use a razor blade so I can keep the card, and just toss the bubbles...

Yeah, I'm the same way. If I'm going to sell something, and only get $3 for it I just open it and keep it. It's nice to open a figure every once in awhile. :yess:
And the orange carded figs, I remember exactly where I first got them. I was at Target and found an unopened case of them... cracked it open and there were 2 full sets of figs. I grabbed the whole case, one set for me, one for my brother. I think I still have that cardboard case as well....

I like your display, punk! I need to do a cantina and jabba's palace display like these. But I'd use the real bar pieces, not the cardboard one.
IMG_0484.jpg

Back