(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Strange that one of Queen's greatest songs, Who Wants to Live Forever, would come from this movie.

Highlander is far from a movie masterpiece, but it doesn't get the kind of credit I think it deserves. The Kurgan is also one of the greatest villains to come from any movie ever.

Breaking Benjamin does a good version of that song. (but I may be bias, cause I love them)

Not a bad rendition, I dig the latter half.

Fawk that song is awesome! I think Brian May wrote it, love it too much.

Not a bad rendition, I dig the latter half.

Fawk that song is awesome! I think Brian May wrote it, love it too much.

Yeah, at the 1:40 mark it's great, love the build up, and then at 2:05 on... perfect.

Man it must have been a long time since I saw the theatrical cut, I had totally forgotten how bad Tangerine Dream's score was. Its so odd and out of place at times. I've been watching the DC for more than a decade now I guess, had rose colored memories of Tangerine Dream :lol....This is terrible.

Lima

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Ugh, I should have kept the theatrical cut on the outskirts of my memory....:lol

I know it is the version I loved as a child, but having been so far removed from it for so long it was hard seeing it again.

Now onto the directors cut and Jerry Goldsmith :yess:

Sometimes you have to choose the non-original version. :lecture

Sometimes you have to choose the non-original version. :lecture

Well technically the directors cut is the original, more original than the theatrical cut anyway, its how Ridley Scott originally intended to release it. The studio butchered it and had TD come in after the fact and make a new score.

But I understand it is how I originally saw it, so directors cut would indeed be the non-original version.

I've been wondering what version of Blade Runner is the one to watch? That briefcase has like 5 versions! :lol :lol

Directors cut or Final cut. The voice overs from Ford in the original are awful.

Sorry to break the current discussion of movies but I need your help. I have decided to streamline my collection a little bit more. I will be remodeling my collection room with new floors, new lighting and a new "L" shaped cabinet/shelf.

I will most definitely be keeping my Fett stuff as he is my favorite. Captain A and Supes still have a home as well. I will be offloading a handful of my PFs, several GG busts and probably 3 of the 4 Avengers Hot Toys figures I have.

I have nearly all the OT PFs and want to know what you guys would keep if it were up to you. I've never done this much of a refocus so I need the help. Fett, Carbonite Han, the Droids will stay in the collection.

This is an older picture but what PFs would you guys get rid of??

P1050912.jpg

Fett and Carb Han are definite keepers, as are the droids. I'd get rid of everything else in that picture, except maybe the tusken raider.

I've been wondering what version of Blade Runner is the one to watch? That briefcase has like 5 versions! :lol :lol

I'm going to eventually watch them all. So far I've only watched the original version. Since I'm planning what to watch while Karen and Becca are out of town, I'll probably watch the next one (director's cut?).

Sorry to break the current discussion of movies but I need your help. I have decided to streamline my collection a little bit more. I will be remodeling my collection room with new floors, new lighting and a new "L" shaped cabinet/shelf.

I will most definitely be keeping my Fett stuff as he is my favorite. Captain A and Supes still have a home as well. I will be offloading a handful of my PFs, several GG busts and probably 3 of the 4 Avengers Hot Toys figures I have.

I have nearly all the OT PFs and want to know what you guys would keep if it were up to you. I've never done this much of a refocus so I need the help. Fett, Carbonite Han, the Droids will stay in the collection.

This is an older picture but what PFs would you guys get rid of??

P1050912.jpg

I'd sell most of that if that's what you're leaning towards. That will bring in some good money you can use on other stuff. I wish I had a bunch of stuff to sell sometimes. :lol

Well technically the directors cut is the original, more original than the theatrical cut anyway, its how Ridley Scott originally intended to release it. The studio butchered it and had TD come in after the fact and make a new score.

But I understand it is how I originally saw it, so directors cut would indeed be the non-original version.

You know a lot about this movie. :clap

Thank you for the suggestions. I think I'll be having quite the sale when I get everything picked out and this will make me join the ranks of the "Premium Freaks" as well.

For Slynger,

Get rid of Fett, Han, Farmboy Luke and maybe Luke/Yoda. I could see all of those getting much better versions later. Keep the rest.

You know a lot about this movie. :clap

I'd apparently forgotten how unsatisfying the theatrical cut was :lol

Just finished the directors cut, having watched them back to back for the first time ever, I can unequivocally say the directors cut is the better of the two. Jerry's score adds SOOOO much the the movie. It would be like watching Star Wars without John Williams. Not to mention the additional scenes flesh out the story, and some of the edits make it much better film on the whole. I will never again bother with the theatrical cut.

As Darkness would say, "All things change lady. The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity."

On to Highlander :rock

For Slynger,

Get rid of Fett, Han, Farmboy Luke and maybe Luke/Yoda. I could see all of those getting much better versions later. Keep the rest.

Get rid of Fett, yeah, like that's gonna happen. :cuckoo:

Back