(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

That's Batfleck with r2. Looks like he has a traditional batsymbol on his chest. Wonder if he'll wear the dkr costumes?

If I had to guess I would say Snyder is jockeying for a SW gig.

OK, enough LEGO Movie. :lol It's time to get serious! I went through my entire Blu-ray/DVD collection to find all the movies i bought but haven't watched yet. I'm gonna make it my goal to get through all of them hopefully in a reasonable time. Until then, no more buying movies!! Unless it's a Spielberg film, Disney movie, cartoon movie that's good, or Marvel/Star Wars (although these technically are classified as Disney :lol ) and DC film. THERE! :rotfl

DSCN5912.JPG

So, everything? :lol

There's a Spielberg box-set coming in October.

Just watched the Blob Criterion Blu. Such a good movie!! Never seen it before.

That's the most beautiful reproduction card I've ever seen! :monkey3

Hmmm. Whether it is OT or Ep VII, either way, why would Zack Snyder be tweeting it? Seems odd...
No I was worried but you can tell its old, small crack in the bubble and the card overall just looks a ill old. It's not nearly as perfect as it looks which is a good thing now a days.

why is batman with r2?

That's Batfleck with r2. Looks like he has a traditional batsymbol on his chest. Wonder if he'll wear the dkr costumes?

If I had to guess I would say Snyder is jockeying for a SW gig.
I didn't even notice it was Batman! I thought it was Obi-Wan! :lol

No I was worried but you can tell its old, small crack in the bubble and the card overall just looks a ill old. It's not nearly as perfect as it looks which is a good thing now a days.
Oh, well since it isn't mint surely it only cost around retail then, right? :monkey3
Seriously though, nice acquisition! I really need to buy me some carded Yodas!

It's funny I do have Duel and Suarland Express in there, but the DVDs. But I did preorder the box set. :lol :lol

What irks me about that box-set is that they included The Lost World but not Schindler's List or one of the other better Universal movies he directed. And still no Munich but next year is the 10 year anniversary so we might get it then.

Well I survived the Yard Sale... and honestly we did pretty well. Got rid of a lot of stuff (some we donated afterward) and came away with $515. And the stuff that's left is stuff that could easily go on Craigs List. So, not bad.

And I decided to jump start my Lego Star Wars purge... sold a couple sets and now I've listed the rest. If anyone's interested let me know, they're in my FS thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...s-Indy-quot-Kit-quot-Buck-Rogers-amp-SW-Legos!!!

OK, enough LEGO Movie. :lol It's time to get serious! I went through my entire Blu-ray/DVD collection to find all the movies i bought but haven't watched yet. I'm gonna make it my goal to get through all of them hopefully in a reasonable time. Until then, no more buying movies!! Unless it's a Spielberg film, Disney movie, cartoon movie that's good, or Marvel/Star Wars (although these technically are classified as Disney :lol ) and DC film. THERE! :rotfl

DSCN5912.JPG

That is ridiculous... I dumbed quite a few DVDs and Blus at the yard sale. I figure if I haven't watched it in over a year I probably don't need it :lol

Congrats, GB!

I am tempted by some of your LEGOs but I am in the midst of trying to figure out WTF I want to collect anymore. :lol

Well I survived the Yard Sale... and honestly we did pretty well. Got rid of a lot of stuff (some we donated afterward) and came away with $515. And the stuff that's left is stuff that could easily go on Craigs List. So, not bad.

That is ridiculous... I dumbed quite a few DVDs and Blus at the yard sale. I figure if I haven't watched it in over a year I probably don't need it :lol
Congrats! Whatcha spendin the $515 on? As for your DVD rule, 98% of my collection would apply. :monkey2

Congrats, GB!

I am tempted by some of your LEGOs but I am in the midst of trying to figure out WTF I want to collect anymore. :lol
I hear ya, bro! I gotta stop buying whatever fancies me for a moment...

FYI to those with a Disney Store near them, they are clearancing several of their cool Star Wars shirts. At my store, they are marked $7.99 now, and then they take 25% off of that. For $6, these shirts are AWESOME!!! They also have some cool pins for the same price, but I"m waiting for those to drop lower. They have a bunch of those... I also got some cheap Muppets mugs, but I missed out on Animal and Miss Piggy. If anybody finds those when they go searching for shirts, please grab em for me! But I doubt those are around anymore...

Congrats, GB!

I know how you feel... I really have enjoyed the sets, but I need to make room for some pieces I like more. Like the 1:1 Crumb I bought off of Waller and the Mythos Kenobi. The SW Legos are really cool, but just not for me.

Congrats! Whatcha spendin the $515 on? As for your DVD rule, 98% of my collection would apply. :monkey2

Probably applys to more of mine... I guess I should say haven't watched in over a year and isn't a must own like ALIEN or some other movie I might not watch every year, but I still love. So movies like Super Bad, 28 Days Later and similar good, but not vital titles got the boot.

I hear ya, bro! I gotta stop buying whatever fancies me for a moment...

FYI to those with a Disney Store near them, they are clearancing several of their cool Star Wars shirts. At my store, they are marked $7.99 now, and then they take 25% off of that. For $6, these shirts are AWESOME!!! They also have some cool pins for the same price, but I"m waiting for those to drop lower. They have a bunch of those... I also got some cheap Muppets mugs, but I missed out on Animal and Miss Piggy. If anybody finds those when they go searching for shirts, please grab em for me! But I doubt those are around anymore...

Thanks for the heads up... closest one is in OKC, but maybe a zoo trip would be reason enough to do both.

Another thing I loved about Guardians of the Galaxy was the fantastic soundtrack. Awesome Mix Vol. 1 rocks.

And I decided to jump start my Lego Star Wars purge... sold a couple sets and now I've listed the rest. If anyone's interested let me know, they're in my FS thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...s-Indy-quot-Kit-quot-Buck-Rogers-amp-SW-Legos!!!

I might get there! If I haven't watched a movie after the time period I am giving myself, I figure I can live without it. The Blob and Highlander are safe. Yes, I am sad to say I have never watched Highlander until today. I LOVED it! King will be mad at me of course. :lol

Congrats on the yard sale too, bud! :rock

Last edited:

Probably applys to more of mine... I guess I should say haven't watched in over a year and isn't a must own like ALIEN or some other movie I might not watch every year, but I still love. So movies like Super Bad, 28 Days Later and similar good, but not vital titles got the boot.
Super Bad would make the cut for me, even though I haven't watched it in forever... I can laugh a LOT at that movie! I might pop it in this weekend, after I finish Orphan Black. Season one is done. Season two next. GREAT SHOW! I recommend it, if anyone is looking for a new show to try. 10 episode seasons, so it's not too much of a commitment... The lead chick totally deserves to win an Emmy, playing all those roles...

I am sad to say I have never watched Highlander until today.
:thud:What's wrong with you? It's not a movie I watch often, but damn! FYI, the sequels are not nearly as good, but still worth a watch...
I do have an odd Highlander-related memory. I was in Prague in 1991, and we saw that Highlander 2 was playing. I had no idea they made a sequel! I went to see it, and was shocked that they had advertisements before the film. This wasn't done in the US yet at that time. I couldn't believe they had the nerve to shows ads before a movie! Nowadays it is commonplace of course, but that was the first time I ever saw it done...

Just got back from GoTG. Great movie and I can't wait to see how all this ties into the already-established Marvel Movieverse! As good as it was, I'm still not going to be adding these guys to the collection.

Congrats GB! Nice haul

Guardians was pretty cool and I'm curious to see how it will all work together. I am glad they went ahead and announced a second one during the panel.

Back