Fixing up scratches on plastic glasses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intruder04

Super Freak
Reaction score
First and foremost, I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong section. It's just that I felt posting it elsewhere would be OT and would clutter the concerned section unnecessarily. :monkey3

So, I'm got this statue recently and while everything turned up good, there were these scratches on the plastic glasses that are a part of it. Initially I thought I could live with it but over time, it's making me restless and unsettled.

DSCN9033.JPG

DSCN9035.JPG

Can anyone suggest a way to get rid of them? I have no prior experience doing anything like this but I've fixed 1:6 figure joints, broken/cracked statue accessories quite meticulously so I think I'd be up to it - I just want to know how.

Should I sand it down and then apply a layer of clear coat or something?

Last edited:
be a big job to completely get those scratches right out and have a like new finish perhaps buy some of the finest wet and dry paper you can find or better, a set of wet sanding polishing pads used for model car paint prep from a hobby shop and carefully go through the various grades from course to finest then as said use some auto plastic scratch remover or novus plastic polish to finish them of

Back