*******First4Figures Statue Thread - (ZELDA, SONIC, METROID, ETC) ***Post Yours***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is it true banjo and conker were confirmed? Any teaser pics?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes First 4 Figures did confirm that they have the Rare license and that that for now they are working on the Banjo-Kazooie and Conker series'. Here's the announcement trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5nGP3J9Tmc

They have a picture of Kazooie's wing, a Picture of an early painted head and torso of Banjo, and a 3-D sculpt of Conker's eye on their First 4 Figures Official Collectors Club on Facebook. The pictures can be a little hard to find sometimes.

6619EEED-2666-4E46-86DF-60A6277E2BAD.jpeg
D5D70DD7-E108-4D0A-BF80-136E038B96E1.jpeg
F5B7E537-9A19-413B-8CC7-0608FDBB8F0E.jpeg

Hey everyone. Easy answer on that Zelda question.

We have tons of Zelda ideas/products that we can/want to do however each and every licensor has their own agendas. Nintendo wants to concentrate solely on BOTW. We can always revisit other Zelda titles during the years between the games.

As for Varia suit. Please ignore any dates outside of F4F. We have finally got that approved from Nintendo. We are altering some more tweaks for pre production and once done, we will have a last chance weekend for the product. Dates to be announced later.

TFM is still in the works. Not forgotten :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Chocks, thanks for chiming in.

On the Zelda question. You and Alex have both said that Nintendo wants you to focus on BotW. I get that and it makes sense, but the game has been out now for 9 months and it looks like it will probably be 1 year before even the possibility of a preorder (for Sheikah Slate). I know you guys did the PVC, I have it and love it, but I'm talking about resin statues. It seems to me that we should already have had preorders for Sheikah Slate and Rider Link and possibly a 1/4 Zelda with the potential of a 1/4 Link preorder in the beginning of the new year. Is it truly just that Nintendo is slowing you down, or is it that with all your other licenses you don't have the capacity to put out that much Zelda product?

To be clear, I'm not dogging on you guys. I love what you are doing and am eagerly awaiting Majora's Mask, Varia Suit, and I also put Simon Belmont on 12 month flex pay (thanks for adding flex to in stock orders by the way). It just seems to me that you have the real potential to expand the Zelda license to far more products per year, as long as Nintendo allows you to do it.

Hey Chocks, thanks for chiming in.

On the Zelda question. You and Alex have both said that Nintendo wants you to focus on BotW. I get that and it makes sense, but the game has been out now for 9 months and it looks like it will probably be 1 year before even the possibility of a preorder (for Sheikah Slate). I know you guys did the PVC, I have it and love it, but I'm talking about resin statues. It seems to me that we should already have had preorders for Sheikah Slate and Rider Link and possibly a 1/4 Zelda with the potential of a 1/4 Link preorder in the beginning of the new year. Is it truly just that Nintendo is slowing you down, or is it that with all your other licenses you don't have the capacity to put out that much Zelda product?

To be clear, I'm not dogging on you guys. I love what you are doing and am eagerly awaiting Majora's Mask, Varia Suit, and I also put Simon Belmont on 12 month flex pay (thanks for adding flex to in stock orders by the way). It just seems to me that you have the real potential to expand the Zelda license to far more products per year, as long as Nintendo allows you to do it.

Dont forget theres also an upcoming DLC for the game to come out soon. The Sheikah Slate and Rider Link are still coming. As well as the TFM.
As I said, Licensors have their agendas and they have a small team when it comes to approval department. If they are concentrating on other matters, we are not going to force them to approve things. No matter what the demand is out there. We have to respect different rules and different cultures.

Even if we were to have potentially 4 Zelda preorders as you suggested so close to each other, no one will be able to afford all of them at once. That is just not viable. Again, when the Zelda pieces are ready and approved, only then we are ready to open up preorders. Other projects are not hindering the Zelda line at all.

Plenty of people can afford four statues a year from a license. Look how many SF, MK, Star Wars, Marvel and DC statues are made every year. If people can’t afford one statue every quarter then they’re in the wrong hobby.

Plenty of people can afford four statues a year from a license. Look how many SF, MK, Star Wars, Marvel and DC statues are made every year. If people can’t afford one statue every quarter then they’re in the wrong hobby.

the trick is multiple lines lol. 4 a year no prob. 4 a year, 5 different lines... :thud:

If theres a way to make myself poor I’m gonna find it lol

Gaming collectors and Comic/Movie collectors are totally different breed from each other. Our stuff is way more niche.

Plus each licensors have their own agendas. Not all want to have 4-5 pieces per year.

If PCS can put a SF statue for order every month four Zelda statues a year isn’t asking for too much.

I agree.

Gaming collectors and Comic/Movie collectors are totally different breed from each other. Our stuff is way more niche.

Plus each licensors have their own agendas. Not all want to have 4-5 pieces per year.

I don't doubt that generally gaming collectors are different than comic/movie collectors and obviously you are in the business and have a lot of experience and knowledge on the subject that I certainly don't. However, I still think LoZ is a different beast. Also, you just recently did a MGS 3-pack for $1400 which would be close to the same cost as 4 LoZ pieces, so it's not unprecedented to put out that much product/money in one year. And that was all at once.

One concern I have is about how long it takes to have a 'full' line of just the main characters. If my preorder/release dates are correct, TP Ganondorf 2013, TP Zelda 2015, and the earliest we could hope for TP Link would be 2019. Thats 'best case scenerio' 6 years just to complete the 3 main characters from one game. I know there are other characters zant/midna to fill things out and some can count LoE as there Link, but that's a long time to complete a set.

Last year we only got 1, KoRL, and 2018 looks to be 2 at best MM/TFM. Also, 2017 was Link KoRL and it looks likely that BotW Link (rider) won't be available until 2019. That's 2 full years between releases of the main character of the Game. And those aren't even 1/4 stand alone figures. The ones we are getting are a second tier character that only appears for a few minutes, TFM. An (albeit important) item from a game MM. Another item from BotW, Slate. So from after Korl we only get secondary stuff for 2 or so years.

I appreciate that you are willing to converse with us about all this Chocks and I admire and respect the work that you do. Anyway, I'm going to drop it after this as I'm kind of going on and on about this and am probably annoying a lot of people.

I agree.

I don't doubt that generally gaming collectors are different than comic/movie collectors and obviously you are in the business and have a lot of experience and knowledge on the subject that I certainly don't. However, I still think LoZ is a different beast. Also, you just recently did a MGS 3-pack for $1400 which would be close to the same cost as 4 LoZ pieces, so it's not unprecedented to put out that much product/money in one year. And that was all at once.

One concern I have is about how long it takes to have a 'full' line of just the main characters. If my preorder/release dates are correct, TP Ganondorf 2013, TP Zelda 2015, and the earliest we could hope for TP Link would be 2019. Thats 'best case scenerio' 6 years just to complete the 3 main characters from one game. I know there are other characters zant/midna to fill things out and some can count LoE as there Link, but that's a long time to complete a set.

Last year we only got 1, KoRL, and 2018 looks to be 2 at best MM/TFM. Also, 2017 was Link KoRL and it looks likely that BotW Link (rider) won't be available until 2019. That's 2 full years between releases of the main character of the Game. And those aren't even 1/4 stand alone figures. The ones we are getting are a second tier character that only appears for a few minutes, TFM. An (albeit important) item from a game MM. Another item from BotW, Slate. So from after Korl we only get secondary stuff for 2 or so years.

I appreciate that you are willing to converse with us about all this Chocks and I admire and respect the work that you do. Anyway, I'm going to drop it after this as I'm kind of going on and on about this and am probably annoying a lot of people.

Really appreciate the chat guys and all feedbacks are certainly read :)

We are working on a lot of projects and if we could, we would easily make them all Zelda pieces, but its not about that. As a business we have to have a variety to stay in business. Comparing MGS and Zelda isnt really a great sample as they involve two different licensors and each have their own take and what they want. Each have their own processes and procedures. Each operate at their own pace. We have to adapt and adjust with the them all at all times :)

Hey everyone. Easy answer on that Zelda question.

We have tons of Zelda ideas/products that we can/want to do however each and every licensor has their own agendas. Nintendo wants to concentrate solely on BOTW. We can always revisit other Zelda titles during the years between the games.

As for Varia suit. Please ignore any dates outside of F4F. We have finally got that approved from Nintendo. We are altering some more tweaks for pre production and once done, we will have a last chance weekend for the product. Dates to be announced later.

TFM is still in the works. Not forgotten :)

So is there an estimated time for when we can expect to see True Form Midna and a PO for her?

Back